Third Times A Charm

First Day Of Real Sunshine!!!!
420-magazine-mobile1276619848.jpg

I put everyone(except clones they'll go in flower house soon) outside for a couple of hours yesterday. It was a partly cloudy cooler day. I watched the cold frame temps and they stayed around 77. One out of 15 showed signs of stress. She bounced right back after coming back in her veg cab. Im leaving them inside today. Then coldframe tomorrow again for a few hours

I picked up a couple 10g pots and 3 10g grow bags. Im also picking up another pot identical to the grey one today for FREE!!! I decided to experiment w different soils. I grabbed up some Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Fox Farm Happy Frog and Coast Of Maine Platinum. Im thinking about using Pro Mix HP in the big pot in the ground. Decisions Decisions.....
420-magazine-mobile1791845975.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2136349887.jpg

Couldn't help but Google it. They actually sell it where I get my soil. It's out of my price range tho. Hurry up and use that shit so I can grow vicariously through you!
I couldn't help but buy it lol. It DEFINITELY was PRICEY. On sale at $25 a bag. So I only got 1 bag. But mannn look at all this goodness
420-magazine-mobile1486065643.jpg
420-magazine-mobile903456223.jpg

Can't charge 30 bucks a bag for chicken shit. Hen manure on the other hand. That's the high dollar shit

Good to know since I just bought 5 chicks and they are on a super organic diet and poop on organic pine shavings. Their manure could be my get rich plan. 10% discount for everyone on this thread.....ok 20% discount just because it's Tuesday.

Temp and humidity is a big issue for greenhouse growing. I can't afford ventilation systems, dehumidifiers etc. So I decided make the porch side of the greenhouse roll up. Heavy Duty velcro does wonders. I have it screened to keep pests out. I am also going to put a couple fans in there. One on each end. Im in New England and its not even Summer yet. Rh was 90 without the screen yesterday. Temp outside was only 70°. Do you think that this should be enough? If not Any other ideas of ways I can get proper temperature and RH on a budget? I may add ventilation to the roof.
420-magazine-mobile623432804.jpg

That sounds like it would work and a roof vent might be a good idea but it could leak after a while.
I was thinking about that too. I was just out there looking at it and w screens my humidity has dropped by more than half. I would like to try to do this where I don't even need to add fans and electricity :)

I like the roll-up sides and screening plus fans. I would think that that should be enough!

One other thought, though, would be to take advantage of convection (i.e. hot air rising) by rigging air intake ports at the bottom and air exit ports at the top to get some flow.

Another thought would be to do whatever you can to limit introducing moisture of your own into the system by not misting leaves or having wet soil--maybe just water when you have the flaps up? Just theorizing...

I would think you would want to be especially careful when you have buds, no?

I remember those swampy East coast summers... really, at the height of summer, your plants would probably be happiest with no greenhouse at all, no?

I like the roll-up sides and screening plus fans. I would think that that should be enough!

One other thought, though, would be to take advantage of convection (i.e. hot air rising) by rigging air intake ports at the bottom and air exit ports at the top to get some flow.

Another thought would be to do whatever you can to limit introducing moisture of your own into the system by not misting leaves or having wet soil--maybe just water when you have the flaps up? Just theorizing...

I would think you would want to be especially careful when you have buds, no?

I remember those swampy East coast summers... really, at the height of summer, your plants would probably be happiest with no greenhouse at all, no?
With the legality issues here in Massachusetts I have no choice but to cover them up. Hence why I'm trying to figure out everything possible to keep them in a happy environment. I figured putting the pots into the ground will keep the root systems cool so I don't have to worry too much about heat. And I was thinking about watering first thing in the morning since humidity seems to rise more at night

Back
Top Bottom