Third Times A Charm

With the legality issues here in Massachusetts I have no choice but to cover them up. Hence why I'm trying to figure out everything possible to keep them in a happy environment. I figured putting the pots into the ground will keep the root systems cool so I don't have to worry too much about heat. And I was thinking about watering first thing in the morning since humidity seems to rise more at night

So maybe go for more of a fence (i.e. visual barrier) with no top just to keep eyes off? And if the fence had about 6" of opening at the bottom, you'd get air flow up and through.

Could you water through buried drip lines so the water only goes to the roots and doesn't go into the air so much?

Basically, looking at your yard I'm doing an outdoor grow by proxy. ;) The photo below shows as much as I dare try here. (That's a Dwarf Low Flyer struggling to grow under out perpetually overcast skies. The Early Girl tomato will just sit there until it finally warms up here in July.)
2017-04-11_Day_28_1800_001.JPG

So maybe go for more of a fence (i.e. visual barrier) with no top just to keep eyes off? And if the fence had about 6" of opening at the bottom, you'd get air flow up and through.

Could you water through buried drip lines so the water only goes to the roots and doesn't go into the air so much?

Basically, looking at your yard I'm doing an outdoor grow by proxy. ;) The photo below shows as much as I dare try here. (That's a Dwarf Low Flyer struggling to grow under out perpetually overcast skies. The Early Girl tomato will just sit there until it finally warms up here in July.)
2017-04-11_Day_28_1800_001.JPG
Eventually I wish to have that. It is a financial issue right now. This was built out of two broken screen house poles and screens that I had laying around. I've only put about $100 into it. And that was the poly and tape.

Pallets omg..pallets make great fencing. I have a pallet fence that I built already. Then cold frame in winter. HMMMMMM............
420-magazine-mobile359242905.jpg

I was just talking to my husband about it and he made a very good point. The way the Sun goes around my yard if I put a fence it would block the light from the plants. So this is my best option

Just stumbled across this journal, looking awesome savingson, loving some of your diy additions. You're giving me all sorts of good ideas for my outdoor summer grow. My local garden store made me buy that maine soil when I went in looking for fox farms. I'm a sucker for a old gardener and when I looked it up it's made for marijuana grows. I'm rambling now but subbed up for the rest of this ride.

Not only will I be hardening my gals but I'm also dropping the time each week by 1 hr to match the sunlight. If not they'll reg veg and stress.

Not only will I be hardening my gals but I'm also dropping the time each week by 1 hr to match the sunlight. If not they'll reg veg and stress.
Can you expand on that a little. Or be a little more specific if we have a 5:30 sunrise give or take and 7:30 sunset it's only 14 or so hours a day at best. Do you drop it to those kind of hours?

Hi savingson,

Love the yankee ingenuity. Also love the Coast of Maine products. Used a couple bags last summer in a 25 gal cloth pot with a bag of C of M compost on top. First ever grow, got 14 z's in midOctober. This year I'm doing a similar project with a hoop house for fall protection. Fingers crossed. My budget is probably smaller than yours, lol.

Great idea to keep the roots cooler. You'll need a couple fans if you keep the sides down. Guess you figured that out already.

Your ladies look wonderful. Also looks like a sativa in the mix. Beware of a longer flower time. Greenhouse doesn't seem big enough for the number of plants your hoping to put in there. Have you weighed this out? Just wondering, lol.

About your indoor cabinet - did you have a fan in there, or just lights and seedlings? I need something like that. Been growing inside this winter, but was too expensive with extra utility bills. Only going outside grow from now on.

Great luck this summer, and hope your hand heals quickly!

Hi savingson,

Love the yankee ingenuity. Also love the Coast of Maine products. Used a couple bags last summer in a 25 gal cloth pot with a bag of C of M compost on top. First ever grow, got 14 z's in midOctober. This year I'm doing a similar project with a hoop house for fall protection. Fingers crossed. My budget is probably smaller than yours, lol.

Great idea to keep the roots cooler. You'll need a couple fans if you keep the sides down. Guess you figured that out already.

Your ladies look wonderful. Also looks like a sativa in the mix. Beware of a longer flower time. Greenhouse doesn't seem big enough for the number of plants your hoping to put in there. Have you weighed this out? Just wondering, lol.

About your indoor cabinet - did you have a fan in there, or just lights and seedlings? I need something like that. Been growing inside this winter, but was too expensive with extra utility bills. Only going outside grow from now on.

Great luck this summer, and hope your hand heals quickly!
Thanks for your response. Not all of these are going out. Im doing maybe 6 outdoors. Some plants are gifts and a few are staying inside. Yes I have fans blowing in and out and another on the plants in the cabinet.

I got the first prize of 12 I won in the contest. My Low Stress Trainer's. I didnt realize the company was a few towns over from me. ;). I'll be using these on one of the outdoor gals.
420-magazine-mobile1125526651.jpg

I had a knock at the door and I got another package. NEPTUNE HARVEST!!! Another local company. They gifted me a 36 oz bottle of rose and flowering, a 36 oz bottle of tomato and veg, a Koozie and a sticker!!!
420-magazine-mobile824139517.jpg

Back
Top Bottom