Thors Indoor Bag Seed - 250W HPS Grow Journal

its got to be in the dirt. its not getting something they need or more than one thing. that is probly why its so hard to figure out you got two things going on same time.
calmag. im sure is one. but other i have no clue. ill be guessing is saying anything. but calmag is a must to all my plants. just a drop 1-2 times a month seems to make plants healthier.

Ok the plan is: I'm making fabric cannabags over the weekend so will be transplanting into those. For soil I'll build the best mix I can put together in short notice. Will add ground egg shells for Cal and epsom salt for Mag. After transplant I'll just water with Ph balanced water and see how they respond. Hoping I can have this done latest monday - assuming they last that long :/

Regarding the soil that you are building, with the epson salt just add it to the water instead of imbedding it in the soil itself. Dutch Passion all the way I see. I like them as well although a lot don't due to Hermie issues. I'm sure a lot of it is user created though. Regardless both 70 day seeds so in reality 80 or 90. Going to be a killer harvest.

Ok so I put together the best soil I could in short notice and repotted into 10 litre homemade fabric pots, they then received a good soaking with rain water, will give them a couple days to recover before I expect to see too much improvement. One of my only concerns is that my new soil might be a bit "hot" as it didn't get time to cook but we'll see soon enough.

Not too shabby eh? :)

20150712_194927.jpg

Nice looking pots. There are some talented people here, but I'm not one of them.

Give it time what you lack in hands on experience, can be substituted with book and forum knowledge. You will make mistakes, but as long as you learn its all for the better. The idea is to use the book and community to guide your hand until you obtain the actual hand on knowledge. Best of luck to you and don't be so hard on your self.

After being graciously given some new equipment I decided to build a decent grow cab with bigger and better everything :) Not quite done, I'm in the process of installing the equipment and will be adding the finishing touches this week.

20150723_2035541.jpg

The ducting fan you can see in the picture is a Hydor HIT125 with 3 speed settings (low/medium/high), I have it wired on the low setting but am still blown away by how much air it moves! My newly built cab measures 0.75m x 1m x 1.2m which feels much too small for this cyclone producing machine. My question is how would I best set/incorporate this fan as my exhaust according to my cab size? I was hoping it would run constant with lights on but after seeing its power I am very doubtful of that idea. Any input would be appreciated :hippy:

Congrats on the new gear!

That fan runs @125 cfms on low. your cabinet is @34 cubic feet. As long as you do not have negative pressure it shouldn't suck your plants out. Have good ventilation at the bottom so it draws cool outside air from the bottom through your cabinet and out the top. Once you add a carbon filter it will lower the cfm a bit.

I've got a few of those CFL bad boys, a lot of PAR for a fraction of the watts. Looking good though do you plan on running 2 large plants in there or one under like a scrog?

These CFLs are awesome. For the moment I'll only be running 1 cfl as supplementary lighting to the hps as the temps are too low during night to run cfl's alone, not such a bad thing as I think cfl with hps makes for a good spectrum/ combo :) Hps hovering overhead basking everyone in its warm goodness while the cfl hovers a couple of inches above the canopy, thats my mental image atleast.

I'll be setting up some hooks in the meantime to allow for a scrog net in future but next grow is going to be autos and then later will start vegging some photos and then will see where I'm at when we get there :thumb:

Congrats on the new gear!

That fan runs @125 cfms on low. your cabinet is @34 cubic feet. As long as you do not have negative pressure it shouldn't suck your plants out. Have good ventilation at the bottom so it draws cool outside air from the bottom through your cabinet and out the top. Once you add a carbon filter it will lower the cfm a bit.

Thanks for those details :thumb: I've got 2 passive intakes with ducting both about 4", hopefully this will be enough otherwise I'll have to bring out the jigsaw again :/

These CFLs are awesome. For the moment I'll only be running 1 cfl as supplementary lighting to the hps as the temps are too low during night to run cfl's alone, not such a bad thing as I think cfl with hps makes for a good spectrum/ combo :) Hps hovering overhead basking everyone in its warm goodness while the cfl hovers a couple of inches above the canopy, thats my mental image atleast.

I'll be setting up some hooks in the meantime to allow for a scrog net in future but next grow is going to be autos and then later will start vegging some photos and then will see where I'm at when we get there :thumb:

I would try to use the CFL's as supplemental lighting, for instance. Your hps is over head and you have two plants you, you could then place it below the HPS in between both ladies to give more of a 360 effect assuming you rotate daily. The other way I could see it working with that setup (because my tent is similar 3x5ft), placing them below the canopy to provide better light penetration. If you just place it above you might be creating shade and or blocking the HPS from delivering its full potential to a select area of buds. Not a big deal but still. I hope it all works out though.

After a little nutrient burn at first, plants are starting to settle nicely into their new soil, pots and home, growth rate appears to have doubled/tripled compared to before.

Some of the older lower yellow leaves haven't fallen off yet, new growth looks good tho.

20150729_200911.jpg

20150729_200830.jpg

And here we have some lovely lady parts starting to show :ganjamon:

20150729_200944.jpg

New box in operation

20150729_201231.jpg

Today is their first day in their new home and they seem to love it, temps sitting at a steady 22 C.

20150729_131330.jpg

Nice so you transplanted them? Lets pray that they pre-flower as females instead of males due to all the stress. Remember to spray them down with a fine mist of water on both sides of all leaves to help leach out excess nutrient buildup. Hope all turns out well.

I did indeed, couldn't give up on them :) well so far we have 1 out of 3 so holding thumbs for the other 2. How often do you mist your leaves?

Personally I do it like they are clones so every few hours. Realistically If you should do it say 30 minutes before your lights turn on. By that time your ladies will be waking up, opening their pores and perking up to reach for sunlight. This also gives adequate time for the mist to evaporate or be absorbed. If there is still balled water on her leaves at the time of lights on she might suffer burns. Depending how strong your lights are. I wouldn't worry about that part though. If you get a slight burn lesson learned and extend the time before lights on to compensate for evaporation. Hope this helps and remember to mist under the leaves as well. Also you can foliar feed with nutrients at a reduced ration say 25% of the recommended lowest does, and only use nutrients that state they can be used as a foliar feed. The same concept applies with nutrient burn as it does with balled water burn. So using a reduced dose is essential and a fine misting sprayer.

Back
Top Bottom