Thought I'd say Hi since I'm gonna pick your brains

Do you have a hose.
Just make a siphon.
How do you empty it normally?

Stay safe
Bill
I use a little wet/dry vac from The Home Depot that attaches to a 5 gallon bucket and carry a few buckets to the bathroom. I looked up some info on YouTube about making a siphon and was having a hard time making my garden hose work that way since it seems there's not supposed to be any air bubbles in the hose.

I apologize for taking so long to reply but I _did_ change the water and added the silicate and CalMag in before the nutrients and they seem to have bounced back well. Even the Wedding Cheesecake whose stem was all curved and not supporting it previously has gotten stronger and straightened out more!

I hope to put all my information together and put a grow journal together today. Better late than never, I suppose.

20220211_110805.jpg
20220211_110732.jpg

I don't do that kind of growing, but I have a lot of experience in moving water. Use clear plastic aquarium tubing 1/2" 5/8", or 3/4", that way you can see bubbles in the hose, or get an aquarium Powerhead and rig it. It shouldn't take but a minute to pump out the reservoir. The other option which is a bit of overkill, is a small 12V marine bilge pump with a float switch, when the reservoir hits a certain depth the pump will kick on and stop when the level drops.

I don't do that kind of growing, but I have a lot of experience in moving water. Use clear plastic aquarium tubing 1/2" 5/8", or 3/4", that way you can see bubbles in the hose, or get an aquarium Powerhead and rig it. It shouldn't take but a minute to pump out the reservoir. The other option which is a bit of overkill, is a small 12V marine bilge pump with a float switch, when the reservoir hits a certain depth the pump will kick on and stop when the level drops.
Cool! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom