Thrips

Does this method also take out the egg stage, so there will not be a new infestation the next day ? I think i read somewhere the eggs are pretty rough to get rid of ?
No it only kills the live bugs. Perhaps cover soil with something. I never used D.E. so I can’t say but it should work. CL🍀

I hope i got lucky until now, since i havn't seen anyone else than these small larva worm like thrips. Mostly moving on top of the leaves and white dots, which i guess are "eggs" underneath the leaves.
It makes me a little confused with all people talking about pest coming from soil, when im pretty sure mine only live on the leaves..

- Okay, but it makes no harm right? Its better than pyrethrin i guess, which i used until now. Maybe i should make a bud wash at harvest. - also a new thing for me like the pest 🥴😀
There’s really no telling how they got into your tent the important thing is you found them. CL🍀

No that's cool I stick with beneficial insects myself the rove beetle in particular in my inside grow
Rove Beetle (Dalotia coriaria)

Dalotia coriaria is a fast-moving, soil dwelling rove beetle. It is a generalist predator that feeds on a wide range of small insects and mites but is primarily an egg predator.

The Rove Beetle is used in the control of fungus gnats, thrips pupae, moth fly larvae, shore flies, root mealybugs, springtails and other small arthropods.

The supplied adults can fly and find hard-to-reach locations in greenhouses where pests may lurk. The larvae are predaceous and resemble the adults. They thrive in damp conditions and are ideally introduced early during propagation cycles in greenhouses. Can be combined with BioStratiolaelaps to help prevent root aphids

I use Safer's Insect Killing Soap, similar the the Dr Bonner's CL suggested. Can use it right up to harvest, but definitely do a bud wash when you harvest.

If you go the Dr Bonner's route, get the peppermint version as the smell deters flying insects which is what the thrip worm-like larvae turn into as adults.

I use a light mixture of neem oil every 2 weeks through veg as a preventative. I have sprayed during bloom because of an infestation and didn't notice any ill effects although I would prefer not to spray then, just depends on your threshold of pests. A lot of times if I can keep the pests from getting out of hand I will let them be or just remove a highly infested leaf opposed to spraying. I also follow up any spray treatments a day or 2 later with a nice clean water spray PH'd at 6.3 to wash off any residue. And spraying neem on the outside and top edges of your pot helps too as a lot of pests crawl up the pot or land on the rim to hang out.

I use a light mixture of neem oil every 2 weeks through veg as a preventative. I have sprayed during bloom because of an infestation and didn't notice any ill effects although I would prefer not to spray then, just depends on your threshold of pests. A lot of times if I can keep the pests from getting out of hand I will let them be or just remove a highly infested leaf opposed to spraying. I also follow up any spray treatments a day or 2 later with a nice clean water spray PH'd at 6.3 to wash off any residue. And spraying neem on the outside and top edges of your pot helps too as a lot of pests crawl up the pot or land on the rim to hang out.
Will a preventative treatment of plants in vegetative stage always result in no pest in flower? I ask because i run perpetual right now, and the ones in vegetative mode, has been affected. - but it seems that my pyrethrin and cannacure spray has taken the pest infection to a minimum in the vegetative. I also ordered Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, so i now got three different preventative sprays to keep them away. Will that be enough to prevent them from attack in flower, or should i buy some more? (Orius bugs, SNS drench, Bio green garlic as example?)

I will of course also rinse the veg tent and move it to another room..

Will a preventative treatment of plants in vegetative stage always result in no pest in flower? I ask because i run perpetual right now, and the ones in vegetative mode, has been affected. - but it seems that my pyrethrin and cannacure spray has taken the pest infection to a minimum in the vegetative. I also ordered Dr. Bronners peppermint soap, so i now got three different preventative sprays to keep them away. Will that be enough to prevent them from attack in flower, or should i buy some more? (Orius bugs, SNS drench, Bio green garlic as example?)

Not necessarily but it will definitely help. I also have a perpetual grow going and I do my best to keep both rooms as clean as possible. Anytime I move plants from on room to the next I 1st spray the plants a day or two ahead of time with neem, I then empty the room, vacuum everything (walls, ceiling, lights, etc) and then I move my plants. I never ever ever bring anything from outside into my rooms and rarely will take a plant from someone else unless I know their as OCD as I am about keeping my rooms clean and pest free. As per your question about veg spraying, I find it a lot easier to rid the plant of pests in the veg stage as it is easier to get good coverage on or under your leaves while the plant is still a bit thinned out. I have even gone as far as holding my plants upside down in the shower to wash them before I move them to the flower room.

I personally hate Neem! Nasty stuff! I only do citric acid sprays with tween20/polysorbate20 but any surfactant like dish soap will work. Citric acid is not as stressful to the plant as Neem oil from my experience. I do 1g citric acid per liter of water. I would try that before even considering using Neem oil. Cheers!

I personally hate Neem! Nasty stuff! I only do citric acid sprays with tween20/polysorbate20 but any surfactant like dish soap will work. Citric acid is not as stressful to the plant as Neem oil from my experience. I do 1g citric acid per liter of water. I would try that before even considering using Neem oil. Cheers!Dish soap is a emulsifier so the oil will incorporate into the water otherwise the oil just floats on top of the water I only use oil in a pinch as well I do Karnja oil but I keep beneficial insects in my grow and worm bin ✌️

@Emilya Green did a review of @Sierra Natural Science that’ll tell you everything about using it as a preventative. Btw I’ve used it for an outdoors grow last year and found it works well. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom