Thrips

Something to consider when using oils or synthetic bug killers outside not only does it kill the bad bugs but it also kills the good ones, pollinators weather it's the mason, leafcutter Bee Honey Bee's parasitic wasps or something like that, yes parasitic wasps are pollenators to !
We need the pollenators and predators and the more good ones we all kill the more bad ones will come around because they're is nothing to eat them same as our bee population its declining and I don't know about you folks but I don't want to hand pollinate my my vegetable garden and I like apples and all the other fruit our pollenators help with not to mention more pathogens because bad bugs are a big spreader of that because they like the unfavorable environments! Just putting it out there my friends take no offense ✌️

I personally hate Neem! Nasty stuff! I only do citric acid sprays with tween20/polysorbate20 but any surfactant like dish soap will work. Citric acid is not as stressful to the plant as Neem oil from my experience. I do 1g citric acid per liter of water. I would try that before even considering using Neem oil. Cheers!
Neem oil on your buds won’t wash off and taste like 💩 when you harvest. CL🍀

Something to consider when using oils or synthetic bug killers outside not only does it kill the bad bugs but it also kills the good ones, pollinators weather it's the mason, leafcutter Bee Honey Bee's parasitic wasps or something like that, yes parasitic wasps are pollenators to !
We need the pollenators and predators and the more good ones we all kill the more bad ones will come around because they're is nothing to eat them same as our bee population its declining and I don't know about you folks but I don't want to hand pollinate my my vegetable garden and I like apples and all the other fruit our pollenators help with not to mention more pathogens because bad bugs are a big spreader of that because they like the unfavorable environments! Just putting it out there my friends take no offense ✌️
SNS uses Rosemary oil and the plant absorbs it. It tastes bad to pests and won’t hurt beneficial insects. CL🍀

SNS uses Rosemary oil and the plant absorbs it. It tastes bad to pests and won’t hurt beneficial insects. CL🍀
So there is No oil residue left on the leafs or anywhere? I believe that is called a systemic if it taken in by the plant and does it target certain pests or just generally taste bad to all??? Id like to research that product can you send me a link so I'm more educated on what you are saying

So there is No oil residue left on the leafs or anywhere? I believe that is called a systemic if it taken in by the plant and does it target certain pests or just generally taste bad to all??? Id like to research that product can you send me a link so I'm more educated on what you are saying
@Emilya Green does a very good review of it on the Sponsor Reviews. CL🍀

I need a little more guidance for my further handling of a perpetual grow with thrips. Since i soon will run out of space, i've bought a bigger tent for six plants in vegetative phase. Im planning to switch them into flower in about a week.

Would it be a stupid idea to put them into a new tent in a new room and hoping for thrips not to get a threshold in the new tent/room aswell? As you might can see, the infestation on the veg plants are not very massive (compared to my ongoing flower garden), and i've only seen a couple of thrips the last couple of days.

- So how would you handle this in my situation? Run them fully until harvest in a smaller tent (already infested with pest) - or give them a new home and spray them daily with different soaps/oils?
20230623_122403.jpg

its not the space that is infected, it is your plants. Moving is just going to spread the problem around. You have very little choice in the matter if you want to save your crop, you need to spray something, soon, and often. Pesticide or natural, this is your choice.

In veg, you are still safe to use a good 5 week pesticide. It will be gone by the time you harvest and hopefully the bugs will be too. I prefer @Sierra Natural Science SNS products however, for all the right reasons. A quick explanation of the products...
SNS-209 is systemic and preventative. It is applied through the water from the very start of the grow. This rosemeric acid will enter every cell, and as said above, will make the plant taste bad to bugs. It won't necessarily kill them, but it will make them move on and will make it harder for bugs to establish a stronghold, and easier to kill them when they do.

SNS-203 is the spray. Mix it fairly heavy for thrips, light for fungus gnats. It can also be applied as a soil drench to kill larvae of bugs like fungus gnats and aphids. Spray this Rosemeric acid and clove spray at least every 3 days, 2 with a heavy infestation, and you will stop the lifecycle of the bugs. Keep at it, or they will resurge and will beat you. It takes about 3 weeks of solid effort to beat most bugs. Don't play favorites. If one plant is infected, they all are. Spray or drench the entire room every time. It's not easy to defeat bugs. Work hard at it, or you will fail, especially with natural solutions. Keep at it though, and the bugs can't win. Be smarter than your bugs.

its not the space that is infected, it is your plants. Moving is just going to spread the problem around. You have very little choice in the matter if you want to save your crop, you need to spray something, soon, and often. Pesticide or natural, this is your choice.

In veg, you are still safe to use a good 5 week pesticide. It will be gone by the time you harvest and hopefully the bugs will be too. I prefer @Sierra Natural Science SNS products however, for all the right reasons. A quick explanation of the products...
SNS-209 is systemic and preventative. It is applied through the water from the very start of the grow. This rosemeric acid will enter every cell, and as said above, will make the plant taste bad to bugs. It won't necessarily kill them, but it will make them move on and will make it harder for bugs to establish a stronghold, and easier to kill them when they do.

SNS-203 is the spray. Mix it fairly heavy for thrips, light for fungus gnats. It can also be applied as a soil drench to kill larvae of bugs like fungus gnats and aphids. Spray this Rosemeric acid and clove spray at least every 3 days, 2 with a heavy infestation, and you will stop the lifecycle of the bugs. Keep at it, or they will resurge and will beat you. It takes about 3 weeks of solid effort to beat most bugs. Don't play favorites. If one plant is infected, they all are. Spray or drench the entire room every time. It's not easy to defeat bugs. Work hard at it, or you will fail, especially with natural solutions. Keep at it though, and the bugs can't win. Be smarter than your bugs.
I have looked at the products, but I guess its not possible to ship the products to my country.

So the best is to pop some new seeds in the new tent? - instead of keeping the pest low and expect the pest to not spread to the new tent also?

I have looked at the products, but I guess its not possible to ship the products to my country.

sns is not legal outside the US. i've been waiting for them to get certification here.

So the best is to pop some new seeds in the new tent? - instead of keeping the pest low and expect the pest to not spread to the new tent also?

you're gonna have to battle them no matter what. it's best to extend veg time and deal with them there. your options are essentially nil in flower.

if you run a veg and flower tent both will need to be cleared. if you are running a perpetual you'll have to end it and go back to seed once cleared.

I need a little more guidance for my further handling of a perpetual grow with thrips. Since i soon will run out of space, i've bought a bigger tent for six plants in vegetative phase. Im planning to switch them into flower in about a week.

Would it be a stupid idea to put them into a new tent in a new room and hoping for thrips not to get a threshold in the new tent/room aswell? As you might can see, the infestation on the veg plants are not very massive (compared to my ongoing flower garden), and i've only seen a couple of thrips the last couple of days.

- So how would you handle this in my situation? Run them fully until harvest in a smaller tent (already infested with pest) - or give them a new home and spray them daily with different soaps/oils?
20230623_122403.jpg
Environmental Factor Nematodes does a fine job controlling thrips. I'd suggest two bags per pot for heavy infestations, coupled with sticky traps and a Spinosad foliar.

:passitleft:

So actually i will never get rid of the pest before i stop the perpetual run, and clean all the tents simultaneously with no plants at all ??
Probably not.

The insects will spread since there are no natural predators in the tents or the rooms to hunt them down and eat them.

I have met growers with large grows in their basement or garage or where ever who will spray their plants even after they have completely cleaned the areas and started over. It is easier to do a preventative spray once a week than to find out that they have to go back to spraying every other day to keep a new pest population under control.

Actually easier and costs less to do the weekly preventative spraying than to have to go through a full fledged war against mites, thrips or any other commonly found insect.

i'm not sure where you are but spinosad is banned here. whatever you do never use it in flower, you don't want to ingest it.

i'm not sure where you are but spinosad is banned here. whatever you do never use it in flower, you don't want to ingest it.
Its banned in my country. But i guess i can buy it from ebay if i need it..

I definitely need a solution for the eggs on the leaves.. i have looked on the video posted earlier in this thread with: tea tree and peppermint soap, peroxide and alcohol.

Or would spinosad be a better solution for eradicate the pest before i put them in flower ?? I know people telling me i cant get rid of thrips before i execute all plants. But stopping my perpetual grow is a not gonna happen for now 😁

Its banned in my country. But i guess i can buy it from ebay if i need it..

you won't be able to ship it in legally. it might get through customs, pretty iffy. worst case scenario is it gets confiscated and you are out the cash.

I definitely need a solution for the eggs on the leaves.. i have looked on the video posted earlier in this thread with: tea tree and peppermint soap, peroxide and alcohol.

you have to decide if you are going with a chemical approach or with predatory insects or other natural method. going with one rules the other out.

personally i've gone with death from above concerning pests.

with any pest you need a multi-prong approach. i use neem, iso, and hotshots. all in rotation. once in flower i don't use anything. it's important to have them clear before flower. i sometimes will use a hotshot as an occasional preventative in veg only.

Or would spinosad be a better solution for eradicate the pest before i put them in flower ??

yes if you use it. it needs something like 6 - 8 wks for the stuff to naturally diminish.

I know people telling me i cant get rid of thrips before i execute all plants. But stopping my perpetual grow is a not gonna happen for now

you'll do nothing but fuck over both tents that way. they just pass back and forth if they are in the same building. it's part of the reason my veg and flower rooms are at different addresses.

Back
Top Bottom