Tiny black spiders

anyone have a clue what these tiny black spiders are about ?

found them around my plants. at first i though they were gnats with damaged wings, but they appear to be a type of spider with a slightly elongated body.

they are visible without magnification, but hard to make out in any detail. almost look like a tiny ant, but are definitely spider like close up.

legs and possibly part of the body appear to be striped. i'm not sure what they are after or what they are making a living off of. the plants don't appear to be in any distress, and i haven't found them on the plants themselves, i find them in the drain dishes. i'm sure they have to be on the plants somewhere though.

not sure if they are making a living off the roots. it's not a usual spider behavior, most arachnids usually do not have a soil stage. probably going for a quick flush with h202 then a feed immediately after.

good luck , i cant have spiders near me , give me the creeps , :nervous-guy:

i used to let the cob ones live for free in my grows. spiders can be beneficial.

edit: these might get a pass for now. plants don't seem to hate them.

Now, if we could find something that eats Powdery Mildew.

Apparently a sulfur burner works. That will be my next attempt. I fight it constantly and win battles but never the war.

Re. Spiders. They certainly are more indoors these days. All of them want to be.

Teeny ones tho. And around your plants. Coincidence?

Karma sent friend

Apparently a sulfur burner works. That will be my next attempt. I fight it constantly and win battles but never the war.

Re. Spiders. They certainly are more indoors these days. All of them want to be.

Teeny ones tho. And around your plants. Coincidence?

Karma sent friend
I am going to try a sulpher based spray from Safer. I selected 6 plants, some of which had some patches of the mildew showing as test subjects. If all goes well the full assault will start in 2 weeks.

they might be a jumping spider based on markings. they are a ground hunter if they are. these are tiny and i have no idea what size a jumping spider comes in. you need magnification to identify them as a spider.

leaving them be for now. am gonna give the plants a good going over for mites etc. good chance these guys may be keeping something in check.

9396dcc744c35d54a6a15c78302f3644.jpeg

Spiders eat bugs, bugs eat plants, plants eat light and minerals.

updating ..

i'm near certain there have to be mites..

have not found any live ones but i suspect eggs. they aren't as big as the last mite eggs i seen, and i only found a few but i'm looking harder. and i'm paranoid ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

also found webbing on my shelving unit under the plants. actually i didn't ... saw one of the spiders using it to travel. this one was definitely bigger .. but still tiny. was easy to see it was a spider. left it and the webbing.

gonna run the hotshot while at work for a while. it isn't supposed to take out spiders per se .. but it will klonk common spider mites. am checking first. wanna hit them with an iso spray but there's no getting iso here. considering a neem hit.

Not sure if you have had spidr mites but they are. Relatively. Easy to see. Naked eye. Gotta look of course. What about springtails? You wont see them except in the run off when watering. Gotta look close on the still surface if the runoff water. They .spring. About

I ask cuz i have em

updating ..

i'm near certain there have to be mites..

have not found any live ones but i suspect eggs. they aren't as big as the last mite eggs i seen, and i only found a few but i'm looking harder. and i'm paranoid ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

also found webbing on my shelving unit under the plants. actually i didn't ... saw one of the spiders using it to travel. this one was definitely bigger .. but still tiny. was easy to see it was a spider. left it and the webbing.

gonna run the hotshot while at work for a while. it isn't supposed to take out spiders per se .. but it will klonk common spider mites. am checking first. wanna hit them with an iso spray but there's no getting iso here. considering a neem hit.
Just saying where there's smoke, there's fire. Where there's pelicans, there's fish. Where there's snakes, there's rats. and where there's spiders, there's bugs for them to eat. They didn't come down to your grow to work on their tan LOL

Well i know this for sure. I had spider mites for years when i grew with soil. Ive had near every bug cuz they come in the soil.

But i never had a regular spider buffet because of it

Back
Top Bottom