To Flush Or Not To Flush

Doctor Trevor

My Dark Angel plant, Siobhan, is close to harvest; trichomes are plentiful but still clear. She's due for a flushing. Should I hold off on the flush or just follow the schedule?

Attachments

• 99013899_666164857281043_7899084785996267520_n.jpg
    99013899_666164857281043_7899084785996267520_n.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 47
I believe that if you have been using edta based nutes where necessarily, salt has built up in the soil, that it is always important to do a 3x flush to clear the soil, 2 weeks before the end. This allows for full water uptake and full nutrient uptake, right up to the end, allowing the buds to finish out strongly.

I'm using FF's Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, as well as Cal Mag and Cha-Ching. I don't know if these are edta based or not.

I checked Siobhan today. Her soil is still fairly wet from last week's feeding and watering. I'll check on her on Tuesday; if she's dry, I'll flush her.

She due for her third flushing next week. Would it hurt to flush her and feed her early? I would hate to do it as the trichomes started changing.

I'm using FF's Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, as well as Cal Mag and Cha-Ching. I don't know if these are edta based or not.

I checked Siobhan today. Her soil is still fairly wet from last week's feeding and watering. I'll check on her on Tuesday; if she's dry, I'll flush her.

She due for her third flushing next week. Would it hurt to flush her and feed her early? I would hate to do it as the trichomes started changing.
Yes, the Fox Farm line of nutes is EDTA chelated and this line is known for its heavy salt buildup during a grow and because of that FF calls for a proper flush about every 2 weeks during the grow. I commend you on waiting for her to dry out before going again... but yes, she should bounce back nicely after the flush.

Back
Top Bottom