Too little or much nutes?

Cheschire

Hey guys! I have 3 Super Skunk 3 weeks into flower in fox farm ocean forest...Rainbow mix bloom-organic soil topper, have been giving 1/4 tsp calmag -plus per gal. of RO water, ph 6.5 religiously. Same problem a couple harvest ago...my Mars hydro tsl 2000 - 300w light is set at 50% strength at 23" above canopy. Growth has been healthy until last 2 waterings and started noticing yellowing between veins, red bronze stipples and splotches. Is this not enough nutes, or lockout?

IMG_20220222_211821.jpg

IMG_20220222_211804.jpg

IMG_20220222_211747.jpg

IMG_20220222_211705.jpg

My best guess is you’re in the very early stages of a cal mag deficiency. The recommended dose for r/o water is a full teaspoon (5 ml/ gal.). Unlike most tap water, R/O water has had almost all the Mg and Ca removed from it, so you have to supplement it. Other than that they look quite nice.

Could be Ca + Mg, no argument, but check for just an Mg deficiency. I had Gelato autos that looked like that (page 2 of that journal) and I treated it as an Mg issue and it cleared up after a few foliar sprays of Epsom salts.
An Mg deficiency is a "lagging indicator" in that the deficiency might have occurred a few weeks ago but it just manifesting itself now.

Hey guys! I have 3 Super Skunk 3 weeks into flower in fox farm ocean forest...Rainbow mix bloom-organic soil topper, have been giving 1/4 tsp calmag -plus per gal. of RO water, ph 6.5 religiously. Same problem a couple harvest ago...my Mars hydro tsl 2000 - 300w light is set at 50% strength at 23" above canopy. Growth has been healthy until last 2 waterings and started noticing yellowing between veins, red bronze stipples and splotches. Is this not enough nutes, or lockout?

IMG_20220222_211821.jpg

IMG_20220222_211804.jpg

IMG_20220222_211747.jpg

IMG_20220222_211705.jpg
Good morning @Cheschire hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your issues.
If you have been feeding full strength nutrients.
Letting them dry for a couple days until she is completely dry.
Then alternating with water between feeding.
At 6.3 ph .
If you are doing all these things properly then you probably have a build up of salts around your roots.
I'd run 3x the pot size of plain water through the pot to wash out the salts.
Then feed again as usual.
Then they should start eating properly. :thumb:
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

BTW do you have a smoke detector in there?

My best guess is you’re in the very early stages of a cal mag deficiency. The recommended dose for r/o water is a full teaspoon (5 ml/ gal.). Unlike most tap water, R/O water has had almost all the Mg and Ca removed from it, so you have to supplement it. Other than that they look quite nice.
Thanks! I've burned plants with calmag in the past, due to it being loaded in fox farms soil and was scared to make the same mistake again....so I made this mistake instead. Lmao

Good morning @Cheschire hope you are well my friend.
Sorry about your issues.
If you have been feeding full strength nutrients.
Letting them dry for a couple days until she is completely dry.
Then alternating with water between feeding.
At 6.3 ph .
If you are doing all these things properly then you probably have a build up of salts around your roots.
I'd run 3x the pot size of plain water through the pot to wash out the salts.
Then feed again as usual.
Then they should start eating properly. :thumb:
Happy growing Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

BTW do you have a smoke detector in there?
No smoke detector in the room...why you ask?! I wouldn't think I had salt build up because I use organic soil topper nutrients -Rainbow organic mix, and only adding them once every other watering...so about every 7-10 days with just calmag or silica blast in between fertilizer. This is always my delima... Can't determine if it's early calmag deficiency or overload or possibly lock out. Thanks for the input

No smoke detector in the room...why you ask?! I wouldn't think I had salt build up because I use organic soil topper nutrients -Rainbow organic mix, and only adding them once every other watering...so about every 7-10 days with just calmag or silica blast in between fertilizer. This is always my delima... Can't determine if it's early calmag deficiency or overload or possibly lock out. Thanks for the input
Check this out my friend.
Get a smoke detector. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill

Check this out my friend.
Get a smoke detector. :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill
I gotcha. I thought the question was going another direction. Lol. I have one directly outside the room..but will get one for above my tent and full size extinguisher. Thanks for sharing your story

I gotcha. I thought the question was going another direction. Lol. I have one directly outside the room..but will get one for above my tent and full size extinguisher. Thanks for sharing your story
B.A.F.E ;)
Big Ass Fire Extinguisher. :thumb:
Be vigilant.

Stay safe
Bill

Growth has been healthy until last 2 waterings and started noticing yellowing between veins, red bronze stipples and splotches. Is this not enough nutes, or lockout?
Reads like the problems are showing up right on schedule. I figure that it is a deficiency of several nutrients.

Fox Farms Ocean Forest is a decent soil mix and great for building up a large and very healthy root mass, but we often forget that it has a limited sources of nutrients. Marijuana plants are heavy feeders, especially once flowering starts. The soil by itself cannot keep up with what the plants are demanding so the grower has to be ready to jump in to provide more of what the soil cannot provide fast enough, or in the quantities needed.

It could be a cal-mag deficiency as already mentioned.

Since the plants are now into the flowering stage it is very probable that a Phosphorous and Potassium deficiency is starting to show. A quick look at their website and I think that the 'Rainbow Mix', a 2-14-2 fertilizer and micro-organism source, should have taken care of the Phosphorous. Just to be on the same track, how often are you using this Rainbow Bloom stuff and how much each time?

A Kelp tea could be used to help take care of a Potassium deficiency. Or using a Kelp Extract mixed with water as a tea. Or any other product which is meant for supplying Potassium. Which ever one I was choosing to use, I would use once a week for 2 or 3 or 4 weeks always watching for signs of excess. Though to my thinking it is hard to overdose a plant with Potassium if paying attention and using a bit of common sense.

Back
Top Bottom