Too much confusion choosing, need help

Started with the old standard Northern Lights from Nirvana. Had germination problems. Might have been the heat in the black mail box this summer, not sure. So I have one lone female 2 or 3 weeks from finish.
Have ordered Papaya and Super Skunk direct from Nirvana. Ordered Papaya for the relaxing effects in the description and Super Skunk because my partners choice. It has been over three weeks and no seeds yet. Thought they would be here by now to get ready for next grow. Anyway I want to order some more just in case the others never arrive. I'm sure they wont go to waste.

Any suggestions on good relaxing strain. As you can tell by my name I like the hash/relaxing effect. Don't wanna spend a ton of cash.

Some I have been considering are:
Barneys Farm - Vanilla Kush
Greenhouse - Big Bang or color pack with Big Bang in it, These multi packs any good?
KC Brains - Afghani Special,,Mango,,Mind Bender cheap prices any good?
White Label - Master Kush,,Afghan Kush

Anyone grow any of these? Good, bad? Opinions on the seed breeders?
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Will be in approx 3'x3' room 400W HPS, maybe hempy again, maybe soil.

Dont buy Feminized seeds from no one buy regular then plant 1 seed and if its female clone it ,,,,feminized seeds are wrong they where from hermies so dont buy them....

We explain how "feminized" seeds are made, why the plants are more likely to turn males, and how to use normal seeds to get a large all-female crop.
The idea of “feminized” seeds is heralded as a new wave of breeding enabling you to grow only females, but in reality it is a less reliable and less effective method than simply cloning your favorite plant. Feminizing seeds is nothing new; in fact, it’s done from a process that used to be called “hermaphroditic breeding” or “Breeding with Herman”.

Even a leaf can root!
During the 1970s and ‘80s it was often the case that the seeds you grew came from a bag of good bud. The bud usually had a name, but it was often made up by the local dealer trying to make his stash sound more exotic. In truth, you knew nothing about the parentage of the seeds that your bag contained. Sure, the female was great smoke – but you knew nothing of her size, shape, yield or genetics. The male involved was a total mystery; there was no way you could guess what the genetics of the pollen donor was. These seeds generally resulted in a range of plant genetics, which made one believe that there were a variety of males around when the female was budding.

As is often the case when genetics are mixed, you get failures and successes. More than one great breed was founded on a bag of random seeds. You would plant a hundred or so of the seeds you had, wait to see what Mother Nature – and your local dealer – had handed you, keep your fingers crossed hoping for a super-breed, and watched as some of the seeds came up. A few of the seedlings were sickly and didn’t live long, while others were strong, vigorous, and grew like weeds (pun intended), so you culled the sickly, nourished the healthy, and picked your favorites.

AdvertisementThrough this lengthy and detailed process you would end up with a number of healthy young marijuana plants, which would be transplanted into large containers and, after ten to fourteen days, introduced to a budding cycle of 12 hours light and 12 hours dark. This causes the plants to elongate and show their sex, so it was easy to quickly find and kill the males and wait patiently (or impatiently!) for the remaining females to develop buds and ripen. Doing this inside grow rooms and greenhouses was easy and effective, but the seed planting and selection

Fucking incredible, three weeks into floweringprocedure had to be repeated every year, and crops varied from big and dense to small and weak. We also found that after all that trouble of removing males, we sometimes ended up with females that switched sexes when they were stressed, resulting in accidental cross breeding – female plants were pollinated by females that developed male sex organs (hermaphrodites). We decided to grow out those seeds and, to our joy, we discovered that the ratio of females to males was skewed to a greater number of females. This was our discovery of hermaphroditic breeding

Back
Top Bottom