Too much light over water: Any ideas?

I’m watering every other day with nutes and water in between I’ll b honest I’m not sure on how much I should b watering and stuff I’m goin more by how the pot feels in weight too pick up and when the top of the soil is dry and crusty at least an inch deep and then I’ll water again if needs be and I have watered more than a litre at a time but that problem I noticed I had accidentally knocked the lights too super lumen or something I believe it was 660w ffs so put back down too 400 and watered looked this morning before I go too work and all looks fine tbf I’ll post a pic later and hopefully everything seems ok....thank again
The Super Lumens was probably too bright at that height. Turning the light down or raising the light should do the trick.
The amount you water pretty much depends on the size of your pot & how old & how much your plant drinks. The bigger it gets the more it drinks. I use at least 1 gal. every watering / feeding. But my plants are 4.5 weeks into flower so they drink a lot.
Back in early veg it was more like a 1/2 gal. every 2 - 3 days. Now it's 1 gal. per day. Water till 20% of what you put in comes out the bottom. This flushes out the salt build up in your soil & prevents a lock out from soil pH being off. Use the run off in your garden if you have one. I use mine on Oleanders & they love it.

I’m watering every other day with nutes and water in between I’ll b honest I’m not sure on how much I should b watering and stuff I’m goin more by how the pot feels in weight too pick up and when the top of the soil is dry and crusty at least an inch deep and then I’ll water again if needs be and I have watered more than a litre at a time but that problem I noticed I had accidentally knocked the lights too super lumen or something I believe it was 660w ffs so put back down too 400 and watered looked this morning before I go too work and all looks fine tbf I’ll post a pic later and hopefully everything seems ok....thank again
Here is a link that will explain how to water follow it and that you won't go wrong. It was written by a current member.
Watering your plants.

The Super Lumens was probably too bright at that height. Turning the light down or raising the light should do the trick.
The amount you water pretty much depends on the size of your pot & how old & how much your plant drinks. The bigger it gets the more it drinks. I use at least 1 gal. every watering / feeding. But my plants are 4.5 weeks into flower so they drink a lot.
Back in early veg it was more like a 1/2 gal. every 2 - 3 days. Now it's 1 gal. per day. Water till 20% of what you put in comes out the bottom. This flushes out the salt build up in your soil & prevents a lock out from soil pH being off. Use the run off in your garden if you have one. I use mine on Oleanders & they love it.
Mate if I used the run off in my garden one of two things will happen someone would clock me and want some or two worst the old bill b banging my door down ain’t lucky like U lot just yet also I have too b honest I’ve only watered them enough too get some run off (out the tubes right) once like said at the start I’m new at this and seriously starting too sound and feel like a Proper retard I’m feeding her about 2 litres half a gallon I believe every other day or until dry two autos are in 15 litre buckets (I couldn’t find the same pots at the time)just under 4 gallon I believe and my photo is in a 4gallon smart pot yes the buckets have holes in lol also u were right about the light I thought that anyway didn’t relise I had switched it too that

Mate if I used the run off in my garden one of two things will happen someone would clock me and want some or two worst the old bill b banging my door down ain’t lucky like U lot just yet also I have too b honest I’ve only watered them enough too get some run off (out the tubes right) once like said at the start I’m new at this and seriously starting too sound and feel like a Proper retard I’m feeding her about 2 litres half a gallon I believe every other day or until dry two autos are in 15 litre buckets (I couldn’t find the same pots at the time)just under 4 gallon I believe and my photo is in a 4gallon smart pot yes the buckets have holes in lol u were right about the light I thought that anyway didn’t relise I had switched it too that like also the autos are 11 days since popped up 17 days since planted(7-09-20) or 09-07-20) u Americans a little different too use English and the photo well god nos tbh I just potted that seed as a joke never thought it would sprout was found in a bud and that’s when i jokes and thought I’ll try this smoked it 20years but I would say that is at most two weeks older than the autos so at worst 24th August 31 days give or take it that helps

Sounds like you are getting things on track. Pretty sure you'll do fine. You know the basics. Now it just takes a couple grows to really figure things out. Start a Grow Journal in case you have any problems. People will help pretty fast around this site. Plenty of great help to be had should you need it.

Sounds like you are getting things on track. Pretty sure you'll do fine. You know the basics. Now it just takes a couple grows to really figure things out. Start a Grow Journal in case you have any problems. People will help pretty fast around this site. Plenty of great help to be had should you need it.
Just wanna say thank u and my plants want too thank u also if it wasn’t for u I would of killed them and prob thought fuck this but I stopped watering my autos completely for a few days and still intend too not feed them any food for a good week or so and let what’s in the soil work it’s way into the plant I’ve seen so much progress over two days the plant has doubled in size and hopefully this is just the beginning I wish u all the best with ur future grows And in time when I believe I have any knowledge too pass a long I hope I can do the same thing for someone :thumb:

Water till 20% of what you put in comes out the bottom. This flushes out the salt build up in your soil & prevents a lock out from soil pH being off.
Good evening sir. This is an out of the blue, would this work late in flowering at 7 weeks 13 total? Flushing a 5 gallon clothe pot with organic soil mix. Never flushed to runoff. TIA Ggdavies sorry to intrude on your thread

I've never done an organic grow. Did you mix the ingredients yourself, use synthetic nutes, the top dress kind, or is it store bought soil that you used nutes with ? If it's a soil you mixed yourself I'm not so sure you even have to flush because of the Dolomite Lime. It buffers your nutes. But I know 1 person who knows organic better then anyone & that is @Emilya .
She will let us know about flushing organic grown weed.

How would i start a journal on here cause I’d like too post updates of my plants cause if things were too go tits up I’ve been reading some and wow the help out there is incredible and invaluable and still lost too if my photo is Male or female and are the girls just before lights out finally starting too show some life :bravo:

Attachments

• CE6B76F1-D316-4DF3-9012-8563C9326607.jpeg
    CE6B76F1-D316-4DF3-9012-8563C9326607.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Good evening sir. This is an out of the blue, would this work late in flowering at 7 weeks 13 total? Flushing a 5 gallon clothe pot with organic soil mix. Never flushed to runoff. TIA Ggdavies sorry to intrude on your thread
The only reason to flush is to wash leftover salts and any leftover nutes, out of the soil so as to reset things and allow free and unfettered uptake into the roots. Salts are the debris that is left behind when a chelated nute breaks out of its bonds and becomes available to the plant. Salts are a given part of running synthetic nutes and must be dealt with.

An organic grow does not use chelted nutes... therefore, no salt is building up. There is NEVER a need to flush an organic grow.

If you are thinking of flushing because of the online hype that says you must or your smoke will be harsh and chemically tasting... you are a victim of the hype. There is NEVER a need to flush out your plant... you can not flush out bad tastes... its like trying to get rid of a sour stomach by taking a bath... one thing does not relate to the other in any way.

"never flushed to runoff" tells me that you totally misunderstand the term. Flushing does not mean giving only water. Flushing is NOT the act of starving your plant at the end, and you can't do that in an organic grow anyway. Flushing ONLY means, pouring 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil, so as to clean out the soil. Using the term flushing to refer to regular watering is a bastardization of that old gardening term, and is one of the most harmful bits of bad information that the internet is propagating that there is.

The only reason to flush is to wash leftover salts and any leftover nutes, out of the soil so as to reset things and allow free and unfettered uptake into the roots. Salts are the debris that is left behind when a chelated nute breaks out of its bonds and becomes available to the plant. Salts are a given part of running synthetic nutes and must be dealt with.

An organic grow does not use chelted nutes... therefore, no salt is building up. There is NEVER a need to flush an organic grow.

If you are thinking of flushing because of the online hype that says you must or your smoke will be harsh and chemically tasting... you are a victim of the hype. There is NEVER a need to flush out your plant... you can not flush out bad tastes... its like trying to get rid of a sour stomach by taking a bath... one thing does not relate to the other in any way.

"never flushed to runoff" tells me that you totally misunderstand the term. Flushing does not mean giving only water. Flushing is NOT the act of starving your plant at the end, and you can't do that in an organic grow anyway. Flushing ONLY means, pouring 3x the container size of fresh water through the soil, so as to clean out the soil. Using the term flushing to refer to regular watering is a bastardization of that old gardening term, and is one of the most harmful bits of bad information that the internet is propagating that there is.
Thanks Em ! Didn't have an answer for Organic Grows. Knew you would. Kind of your specialty.

How would i start a journal on here cause I’d like too post updates of my plants cause if things were too go tits up I’ve been reading some and wow the help out there is incredible and invaluable and still lost too if my photo is Male or female and are the girls just before lights out finally starting too show some life :bravo:
To start a journal go to the Forums page. Look up Grow Journals from the choices you see. Under the Grow Journals Tab you'll see "Sub Forums". Click that & then click Journals in Progress. This is the page you start a journal on.
After you start it Copy the Link at the Top of the page that you start the journal on. Then go back to the Home page & click on your name. You'll see "Signatures". Click on that & a box will pop up. Paste the link in the box. After you do this every post you make on anyones journal your sig / link to your grow will show up in Green under your post. Anyone can click that link & go straight to your grow which makes things super easy.

Great info, I'm a novice at best with any grows requiring that flushing is a part of. I'm on a schedule with water and have faith in my mix for right now.
But..I'm using some extra FF TB during flowering, it's the only one I've used and have no previous experience except anecdotes. The test buds are sweet if a little 'grassy'
Thank you E. Thanks buds.

Great info, I'm a novice at best with any grows requiring that flushing is a part of. I'm on a schedule with water and have faith in my mix for right now.
But..I'm using some extra FF TB during flowering, it's the only one I've used and have no previous experience except anecdotes. The test buds are sweet if a little 'grassy'
Thank you E. Thanks buds.
Novice at best u say well I started my hand it this 4-5 weeks ago well last night went too feed my plants had too make up a mix of food only too relise I’ve literally been giving my girls 10times the amount of nutes supposed too IE 2.5ml of Cal mag been putting 25ml like a complete bell ring nd this is a true beginners story if anything produces I’ll b surprised

Whoa..I'm better in soil outside. My old roomie did a few 'hydro' clones on a shelf in my big photo indoor hobby closet couple decades back he was always broke from spending money on nutes lol. These guys will have a solution or you had a personal experience with how not to do that..stop..let help come ok fingers crossed

Whoa..I'm better in soil outside. My old roomie did a few 'hydro' clones on a shelf in my big photo indoor hobby closet couple decades back he was always broke from spending money on nutes lol. These guys will have a solution or you had a personal experience with how not to do that..stop..let help come ok fingers crossed
Nope first time done it and first time I’ve ever grown....actually let’s Say first time I’ve ever tried and yeh like a knob I only noticed I had been feeding them 25ml cal mag 25ml micro 25ml grow and 10ml bloom hahahahaha whoops is all I can say now thank fuck nothing has died and god no’s how they haven’t but a week ago I stopped feeding them because I thought I had stunted them and first time went too feed last night and that is when I relised what a twat I have been fingers crossed tho and yeh shit happens It’s a learning curve one on my side not too do again

Haven't been on here in a little and still haven't managed too start a journal so just thought if anyone was interested how the plants are looking I say plants I mean plant really one I fucked royally but it's all about learning I keep getting told and the other one well it's stunted(afyrr feeding the girls 10× the amount of feed by accient ie 2.5ml i was giving 25ml whoops) but one is growing I brought a spider farmer sf2000 come yesterday and in one day I see great results literally the pictures are 27 hours apart

Attachments

• 20201010_223305.jpg
    20201010_223305.jpg
    965.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201013_195336.jpg
    20201013_195336.jpg
    790.1 KB · Views: 13
Make sure to get Floralicous Plus, Diamond Nectar & Flora Nectar for when you Flower. Sure makes the weed taste great.
If money is tight you can use Molasses to help out during Flower.
Hi buds u have been my saviour from the beginning she is almost at the end now but I have a northern lights auto at the back and I'm in desperate need of some advice she is 14 days old under spider farmer sf2000 gh Micro 1ml/l .5ml/l grow advanced nutrients B-52 she has only been fed 3 times oh and 1ml/l cal mag and under 20 hours light

Attachments

• 20201031_205639.jpg
    20201031_205639.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
Here's a list of exactly what I used when I used GH Nutes : The 3 Base Nutes (Micro / Grow / Bloom), Floralicious Plus, Diamond Nectar, Flora Nectar, Armor Si (this stiffens the stems so they can hold the weight of the buds), Flora Blend, Liquid Kool Bloom & CaliMagic. All this will easily cost $100.
Now you can go the easy route like I do now & use Mega Crop instead. It's the only nute you need through the whole grow & it's cheap with great results. You can order it off Amazon or through the Greenleaf Nutrients website for about $20. A 1000 gram bag will do 4 - 5 plants from seed to harvest. With this nute you just watch the leaf color. When you see the leaves getting a lighter green you increase the strength of the nutes. If they get Dark Green you give weaker nutes. It doesn't get any easier then Mega Crop.
Here's a couple pics of my results using this nute in case you have doubts.
6-450.JPG
6-456 (2).JPG
Wow! I may have to look into this too! Almost done my first grow and I fumbled my way thru it

Attachments

• E328F85D-1D96-4098-B7A7-03A8F0BAF79C.jpeg
    E328F85D-1D96-4098-B7A7-03A8F0BAF79C.jpeg
    971.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 4FA95375-A1B3-4B75-A0EE-A3DCE46E0BEF.jpeg
    4FA95375-A1B3-4B75-A0EE-A3DCE46E0BEF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Here's a list of exactly what I used when I used GH Nutes : The 3 Base Nutes (Micro / Grow / Bloom), Floralicious Plus, Diamond Nectar, Flora Nectar, Armor Si (this stiffens the stems so they can hold the weight of the buds), Flora Blend, Liquid Kool Bloom & CaliMagic. All this will easily cost $100.
Now you can go the easy route like I do now & use Mega Crop instead. It's the only nute you need through the whole grow & it's cheap with great results. You can order it off Amazon or through the Greenleaf Nutrients website for about $20. A 1000 gram bag will do 4 - 5 plants from seed to harvest. With this nute you just watch the leaf color. When you see the leaves getting a lighter green you increase the strength of the nutes. If they get Dark Green you give weaker nutes. It doesn't get any easier then Mega Crop.
Here's a couple pics of my results using this nute in case you have doubts.
6-450.JPG
6-456 (2).JPG
So would you also recommend Mega crop even if money isn’t really the issue?? Seems easy enough because I don’t have to worry about feeding/over feeding with nutes...right? And with mega crop do I still need to purchase the other stuff you mentioned (from Amazon)? Love how you take time to REALLY explain, step by step! THANK YOU! I’m a newbie

Back
Top Bottom