Topped wrong - What to do?

kimchikush

These girls are the same strain (dna genetics florida gold)
Topped both girls a week ago, so what happened was i topped one of them wrong by accidentally cutting the new growth. the one i topped correctly looks bushy and is growing faster.
here is the first plant i topped correctly
IMG_45083.jpg
IMG_45075.jpg

Heres the one i messed up on by cutting new growth
IMG_45066.jpg
IMG_45055.jpg

Looks like she managed to create new growth on the top. this is my first grow so i dont know if this is normal or not.

another question

the one i topped wrong the stem is getting a bit dark, should i be worried about this?
heres a picture
IMG_45043.jpg

heres both of the girls next to each other. :hmmmm: should i be worried... ?
IMG_45096.jpg

Thanks for the quick replies guys~
I have another quick question regarding scrog training.
when would be a good time to start bending her down? im thinking she's still to small right now?

As the other said, she will be fine. It would actually be the FIM (F**k I Missed) method, when you were trying to Top it. Some growers prefer it since you can get 3-6 dominant tops!

As for the SCROG question, you've got awhile. I'd recommend getting your screen in place before too much training. I put my screen 12" above the base of my plant, and I think that was a little high since I'm using LEDs. If you're using HPS, you may want a thicker canopy, and go closer to 12" tall. Do a little reading on the subject, as there are lots of ways to skin a cat.

thanks for the help :)
i have read alot on fim/top before i started this grow, but i actually understand now what fim actually means lol.

It looks like it will bounce back, a lot of strains are really resilient to topping and FIM, White Widow is my strain of choice and I mess up all the time due to hand tremors, makes taking cuttings a pain in the ass, but it only takes a couple days for them to bounce back, most of the time I go to top it but end up fimming it instead and getting more growth nodes, So you never know how it could turn out, it may end up in your favor, I have even had lower branches come up and act as new tops when I have cut tops completely off before, since it pushes all the auxins to the lower branches, as long as its green and healthy don't worry

Back
Top Bottom