Transplanting

whittyazcanb

Newbie here and have a question. Germinated 6 seeds from Crop King and just transplanted to pots my question is how deep should i have put them in? I had 3/4 to 1 inch tap roots. I just stuck my index finger in about an inch or so and dropped them in with tap root down and gently covered with soil. I used just plain soil as instructed by the directions. I did this 2 days ago and wondering how long before they sprout above surface and hoping i didnt put them in too deep? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Two days seems to be pretty "normal" for me, but 3-4 happens too. After putting them in the soil much like you described I generally put about 1 tablespoonful of pH'd water over the seed and loose soil to settle the soil in around the tap root. Next mist the inside of a clear plastic cup and sit it over the seed to keep everything moist till it pops up then remove the dome and put it under the light. You're about there... good luck:thumb:

Thanks, They are outdoors and living there until October. Hoping they all pop nicely. Ill start worrying if they arent through the soil by Friday then.

Back
Top Bottom