Tribble94's Hempy Northern Lights Grow Journal - 2013

tribble94

I will be doing my first Journal with the Northern Lights strain. I should note that this is my first attempt at a large scale hempy method very similar to 420fied. I have been growing 8 plants from seed since November of 2012 and have already begun taking clones that are placed in an aerocloner based on 420fied's design. I have selected 3 to move forward with. So now for the basic info as to what I am doing.

My strain is as stated, Northern Lights, a predominately Indica with a bit of Sativa. It should take approximately 7-8 weeks once in flowering to harvest. I plan on harvesting once the trichomes are at about 50/50.
I am growing in 2 grow tents. One that is 2x4x5 that will be my veg tent and the other which is 4x4x7 that is my flower tent. I have 3 mothers that are in 1 gallon grow bags and will be transplanting the clones into 2L bottles. All will be grown in a mix of 75% Perlite/25% Vermiculite. For veg I am using 2 4x2 shop lights with 6500K day bulbs on a 16/8 cycle. For flower I am using a 400w HPS with an open wing reflector on a 12/12 cycle.

As of now I am using GH FloraMicro nutes following the Lucas method. I PH down to 6.2 and since I am using the Lucas Method, I am not sure what the PPM are. I have the veg tent set up to auto feed, once each day, Mon-Sat with approximately 2 cups per plant. On Sunday I flush by hand with just water. However, once I have enough clones to begin flower cycle I will switch the auto feed to the flower tent and will feed the mothers by hand using the same schedule. My initial goal is to do a perpetual grow with 25 plants harvested each month :scratchinghead:. I hope to yield from my first run at least 14 grams/plant.

For the auto feeder, I am using a 33 gallon RuberMaid Brute garbage can. I cut out a whole in the lid that my tubing come out of that is attached to a ActiveAQUA 400gph pump. Inside I also have an airstone to keep it oxygenated and to help keep the solution mixed. I am running rainbird 1/2 poly tubing with 1/4" tubing branching off to each plant with an adjustable drip emitter on the end. I have found through trial and error that these emitters are the way to go. The .5 gph pressure compensating emitters that I originally started with were not precise enough for me causing some plants to overfill their reservoirs before others had even received enough nutes. With the adjustable emitters, I was able to dial in exactly each one so that they fed each plant 2 cups over 4 minutes. Another issue I had was leaking where the 1/2" poly are connected via barb connectors. I solved this by using 5/8" stainless steal clamps to compress the connections.

I have fresh air coming into the veg tent and moving into the flower tent via a 6" duct with an inline duct booster. The air then moves through the flower tent and is scrubbed with a charcoal can filter and expelled with a 4" inline vortex fan. Inside the flower tent I have a dehumidifier also. The vortex fan and the dehumidifier are turned on by my CAP AIR-2 controller if either the temps rise above 70*F or 50% RH.

I think this is a good starting info and will try to take pics and post them of everything I have set up over the next couple of days.

Wish me luck :)

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom