Trimming question in Coco

dakotamoon

I have found Coco growing so much easier than soil growing, maybe that's just me. This is my 2nd grow (last one was in soil)! In my first grow - I just let the plants grow wild, and really enjoyed seeing how they grow. With my first Coco grow - I've done much more "grooming" and "trimming"! Attached see two of my ladies, and their trimming! I have so much trim left over - as shown in the "trimmings" photo below. There is consdierable trim of larger leaves which I am freezing for later use. With the "Trim" not being "flushed" of nutrients.. will it still be okay to consume the frozen leaves? They will still have the nutrients running in their stomata .. so does that make the large leaves toxic? Just wondering.

Attachments

• AFKush (A) 2019 Jan 19 - pruning.JPG
    AFKush (A) 2019 Jan 19 - pruning.JPG
    579.5 KB · Views: 43
  • AFKush (A) 2019 Jan 19.JPG
    AFKush (A) 2019 Jan 19.JPG
    624.2 KB · Views: 53
  • AFKush (A) trimmings Jan 19.JPG
    AFKush (A) trimmings Jan 19.JPG
    468.6 KB · Views: 40
  • CBDCritical (A) Jan 19 - trimming.JPG
    CBDCritical (A) Jan 19 - trimming.JPG
    584.1 KB · Views: 40
  • CBDCritical (A) Jan 19.JPG
    CBDCritical (A) Jan 19.JPG
    577.9 KB · Views: 40
What do you plan to do with them?
Some folks juice them for THCA.
I have cooked with them before, very very wiry buz, did not like it.
I use them now to add to my FECO, I use the frozen method for making my oil, so I get very little chlorine in my oil, only get the small amount of trichs that may be on the larger leaves.

Thanks GR. I have made several oils, including Rick Simpson oil - I was concerned about the nutrient residue left without flushing. With "ruthless" compassion - I already have almost 4 ounces of trim.

Thanks GR. I have made several oils, including Rick Simpson oil - I was concerned about the nutrient residue left without flushing. With "ruthless" compassion - I already have almost 4 ounces of trim.
I don't know how potent leaves will be from a plant in veg. Normally we use all the trim and little bits of bud which have lots of trichomes.

Back
Top Bottom