Trellis

Lonewolf96

First grow I have a trellis set up I’m 1.5 weeks into flower plants growing very tall. Do I ever remove the trellis or anything ? Or just let it grow as is with the trellis were it is... I was considering just removing entirely not sure the best thing to do.
Also fan leads??? Trim some down leave them? Not a lot of space so thinking trimming for air flow ?
thanks everyone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Unless you net has large (4" / 10cm or greater) openings I'd leave the trellis in. You take a large risk of damaging your plants if it has smaller openings.

A trim now and in another week and a half is a good idea. Open up the bud sites to the light, and trim below for air circulation.

Holes are 4-5 inches so there is a lot of room they are also bungge style so they stretch. Does the trellis help all the way through or is it only helpful to let the shorter stems catch up

I used one in my first few grows. I used it first for training, and then raised it as the plant grew to provide support.

Currently, I use the mount for my drippers to train my plants horizontally. For vertical support I use plant stakes or tomato cages.

You can use two nets which is what I do. One is fine too. My harvests are always better yielding and more consistent using it. Keeping an even canopy is paramount In my opinion. While it’s achievable not using trellis I always found the trellis to keep things more uniform.

I have seen the 2 tiered nets used often. The secondary benefit of the net is support later in flower when the buds start weighing down the branches.

I think a lot of people set their nets too low to start with. Then they lack the space to get under it to trim things up.

Hello , i use 2 trellis , the 1st net goes in just before i switch to 12/12 and the 2nd net goes in at week 2 of flower , the nets are about 10 inches apart , i dont use them for training just for support .i like to top my plants twice in veg and wind up getting 4 nice top cola per plant and trim the lower leaves up till 1st week of flower just for better light penetration , i do this slowly only a few leaves per day , my plants usually get about 4 ft tall , this is for photo plants not for auto`s .

A trellis for support really just handcuffs you. Stakes, cages or yoyos work better for that in my opinion. You get a lot more flexibility with moving plants.
A net is for a scrog, one layer, 12-18 inches above the top of the container. Nothing but top buds sticking through the screen.

Hey i don't move my plants in flower or veg as i vacuum out the run off and i use the new mars ts 2000 watt leds x3 in a 4x4 x7 tent so i don't need to move as there is plenty of light for good penetration for them and the trimming is pretty much done before they hit the flower stage but to each their own they both work .i only run 2-3 plants in a tent at a time also .

Back
Top Bottom