Trying the clone

tav

1st timer here ...morning all.
i took 3 good branch shots and put then in water
from my pre flower plant ( i think) . any time frame to sprout or roots to see ?

I've not had great luck with just a cup of water, though some do. Rooting in a cup of water usually takes longer (several weeks) to get roots. It's easier to root cuts from a vegging plant than one in flower since the hormone package is completely different. That said, I'm trying to root cuttings taken from a plant three weeks into flower to see if I can do it.

Don't give them much light or they'll want to grow and you want them to make roots.

Good luck!

The sooner they root the better because they will then tend to grow faster from then on. Cuttings that take a long time to start showing roots often grow slow and stay small as plants.

Actual time it takes depends a little bit on the method and a whole lot on the actual environment in the room or area. The environment includes day and night temperatures, the humidity and the strength of light all will have an effect.

In a glass of water or my cloning bucket/machine I like to see roots starting in 10 to 14 days and a good root system forming by the 21st day. Anything after 28 to 30 days does not turn into a great plant.

Make a note of the day you took the cutting. It is so easy to loose track of just how long it has been.

I have found that my best time to take cuttings is in the late winter or early spring. This is indoors but when doing the rooting outside the best time is early to mid summer or June to mid August for Cannabis or from early summer to mid Autumn for just about anything else.

And, do not forget that the environment is so important. It is more important than the method.

The sooner they root the better because they will then tend to grow faster from then on. Cuttings that take a long time to start showing roots often grow slow and stay small as plants.

Actual time it takes depends a little bit on the method and a whole lot on the actual environment in the room or area. The environment includes day and night temperatures, the humidity and the strength of light all will have an effect.

In a glass of water or my cloning bucket/machine I like to see roots starting in 10 to 14 days and a good root system forming by the 21st day. Anything after 28 to 30 days does not turn into a great plant.

Make a note of the day you took the cutting. It is so easy to loose track of just how long it has been.

I have found that my best time to take cuttings is in the late winter or early spring. This is indoors but when doing the rooting outside the best time is early to mid summer or June to mid August for Cannabis or from early summer to mid Autumn for just about anything else.

And, do not forget that the environment is so important. It is more important than the method.
clipped it about 2 days ago. so i got 3 i'll put 1 in the dirt and 2 in water and
see what happens . i gotta small tent inside. not an outdoor plant

Back
Top Bottom