Yes you can clone an entire branch and it can be done in just a jug of water

I just wanted to share a shot in this forum of how easy it is to clone. I had huge old mom that needed to be trimmed down and flowered. I took a pile if clones and had no more room. I had a lot left to remove to get the plant ready. I have cloned in water before but never entire branches. I had no energy and nothing to loose so I got a 5 gallon jug of water wacked off entire branches stripped the bottom half and plopped them in. Not all made it but here is one that did

PART_1431946232190_IMG_20150518_064828.jpg

and just because it is working so well try planting right into rooting plugs upside down like this :cheesygrinsmiley:

PART_1431945835865_IMG_20150518_064319.jpg

I've tried this method before without success, glad it worked for you. I heard that if you soak the branch in sparkling water for a day or two you get better results.

just "good" water, no need for sparkling. If you want to buy something get some cheap rooting powder.

Define "good". Fresh cuttings off a mother plant crave the tiny carbonated bubbles and the essential minerals found in sparkling water. Placing your fresh cuttings in a cup of unflavored sparkling water/mineral water before using your cloning solution will make your clones root faster and increase survival rates.

Define "good". Fresh cuttings off a mother plant crave the tiny carbonated bubbles and the essential minerals found in sparkling water. Placing your fresh cuttings in a cup of unflavored sparkling water/mineral water before using your cloning solution will make your clones root faster and increase survival rates.

good = the equivalent of water purchased for drinking. Good clean neutral PH water.

You are welcome to use sparkly water, you just don't need it

If it is not broken I have no need to fix it, see the clone up top :cheesygrinsmiley:

You're right, you don't need it. But read my previous post. There are benefits to using it.

The cheapest root powder I can find and plain tap water is what works for me. Nothing fancy is needed. Sometimes all I use is plain tap water.

The cheapest root powder I can find and plain tap water is what works for me. Nothing fancy is needed. Sometimes all I use is plain tap water.

I also use the cheapest powder I can find... but for clones I usually dip them in powder and put them in the rooting plugs up top upside down just like the seeds up top

I also use the cheapest powder I can find... but for clones I usually dip them in powder and put them in the rooting plugs up top upside down just like the seeds up top

Hey Buckshot,

How did you, and or why do you do it upside down? Wider at the bottom makes them stand up better?

Hey Buckshot,

How did you, and or why do you do it upside down? Wider at the bottom makes them stand up better?

Yes exactly, so they stand up. I stand them up rather than use the foam insert that holds them for a couple reasons

the foam insert gets algae growing on it and is hard to clean and expensive to buy

they are easy to pick up and plant when ready rather than dig them out of the foam

it makes more area for roots to grow

The tray is easy to clean

I will get a picture I just threw some clones in and most of the seeds are up

Sorry I am late on the image. I only had 3 plugs left so I added peat starters too. I will post a roots image if I get one

PART_1432403785727_IMG_20150523_135534.jpg

some of those have already been planted

PART_1432599341256_IMG_20150525_201509.jpg

Buckshot,
What are the lighting conditions that you use to raise your clones in tap water only?
Thanks
:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom