Twin tent setup - So many questions!

Bernarder

Hi all

Long time lurker. Hope this is posted in the correct place. I'm in need of some advice on a twin tent set-up... a la

twin_tent.jpg

I've never done anything on this scale before and there are a few constraints that I'm struggling with.

Ok so background info. Location is a cool (15C/60F) damp (80% RH) cellar with low (180cm/6ft) ceiling height. I have vents in the cellar for intake and extraction. I will be growing in Coco

I require minimum noise (number of fans) and ducting. I'm also on a bit of a budget (cowboy builders have disappeared with my life savings and left me high and dry). A yield of a gram per watt would be a dream, however many plants I decide to go with..

My plan is to run 2 Roof-Qube 1224 (8x4x6) or similar in parallel each with 2 x 600W HPS..

Screen_Shot_2016-04-11_at_20_26_20.png

Considering my constraints, my questions are.... (deep breath)

1) Are air cooled reflectors essential with my desired set up? From all I've read I'm expecting heat issues but I've noticed this thread
He didn't seem to be struggling to grow nicely with high temps during a UK summer. I'm in a similar european location.

2) If the consensus is still air cooled, will each tent require a separate reflector extract fan or could one fan do the job connected with a Y? (I have read that the fan should be as close as possible to the light which would suggest I'd need 2)

3) If not, would it be possible to just use one large, silenced, extract fan (again connected to both tents with a Y on a controller to extract out to an inline filter?

4) Could a larger auto strain give me the yield I'm after or am I better off training a photo indica? I'm a bit concerned about height. The roof qube type design means I will have around 145cm from tent floor to bulb.

5) Is an intake fan essential? (I think I know the answer on this one but I'm hoping someone will say no)

6) With all of these Y connections, how vital is it the ducting is equal lengths on each side? Room config is slightly tricky

Lots of questions I know... I have read and read and am still none the wiser on the above. Would really appreciate any input.

Thanks in advance

Re: Twin tent setup... so many questions!

1. 60 degrees F is pretty low. I would expect that you could run regular reflectors and still be fine as long as the room has adequate ventilation.

2. Y's can be tricky, I would run two separate fans for the low noise you are wanting.

4. Autos could be good, but photos can give you a bit more control.

5. Nope.

6. I hear it's pretty much essential. I would shy away from a Y personally in your setup.

Re: Twin tent setup... so many questions!

Thanks for the quick response.

Good news on the intake... I was expecting to have to filter an active intake considering the potential bugs floating around. I may be stuck with two 5x5's if the ducting/tents need to be truly parallel. I can see temps being more difficult to manage with the same bulb count in the smaller tents though. Grrrrrrrr

If you are using anything more upscale than CFLs, you'll need an active ventilation system. But, you might not, using LEDs in a 65 deg basement. Free heat!

My 4 grow areas in an 8' x 9" room (800 watts each) keep the room up to 85 deg F, and that is with the tops open to vent the heat, and a window fan to suck the heat from the room. Intake is what comes in under the door.

Back
Top Bottom