Ugh! Weed with no smell!

Lukarine

420 Member
Bare with me I’m writing pissed. I started growing in the late 70’s with a High Times magazine and a 400 watt MH. No special rooms fitted intakes and Co2 setups, humidity/temp gauges. I would wait till I got my hands on some good seeds someone would give me and after a few attempts started growing some really good herb. These where photo periods grown indoors on timers. My house would stink from the first month on and I loved it!! Got better and better till we cut em down. Had no idea what we where doing. Would throw them in a paper bag, let them dry, by now you can smell them from outside, and it was months of fun smoking our own which was also better than anything available. Did that through the 80’s and stopped for 20 plus years (kids family). Well I’ve been back a couple years now and have buying these BULLSHIT excuses of seeds now from 6 different companies Bergman, Crop Kings, ect. I’ve tightened up my grow regimen quite a bit (controlled drying and curing environment) and none of them are genetically capable of producing taste and smell from the get go. There are a million answers for this problem on YouTube and other forums from too much humidity, not enough humidity, to cold, to hot, glass jars, plastic, boveda packs, flushing, wrong food, LED, Fox farm, you name it. It’s all bullshit. I have 4 Skunk No.1’s at 6 weeks. My whole street should smell!!! You get you face right on them and you barley get a hint. They do a beautiful presentation in their catalogs, “Some hints of orange, with a lemony musk finish”. Yea Sure. We should not have to build environment chambers if these seeds are genetically correct in how their being sold.
Any actual seed leads would be much appreciated.

You need Road Kill Skunk... thats going to be as close as you remember and those genetics are from the 70s.

"The one x 85 Humbolt RKS (road kill skunk)/Uruapan"

This ^^^ is what you should try.

You're growing watered down hybrids. Suggest sticking with lagit West Coast breeders until you find your way back into the new generation.

Also you like stinky weed, try some Chemdawg from HSO. That is probably smellier than the RKS.

I had a friend that grew RKS in the 80s - I could smell it 1/2 mile up the hill driving my car to his house. He grew outdoors and the plants were 20+ feet tall.

Chemdawg will smell up your neighborhood when you grow it indoors even with filtration.

I often think that too with most high produced seeds u buy online or where ever arent the real 'OG Kush' or a watered pheno. compaired to bagseed genetics u use to get in the 70s-80s-90s where the would be a nice hint of lemon etc. if u grew it.
I feel like seeds at 20-30 bucks for 3 are just average genetics and they should be dearer for something more and always non-femenised and then if your paying 200+ for 5 seeds its up to u to clone and get more out of it. thats just what id like to see in general and scratch the boof.
I here Jungle boys are selling seeds, i mean if u can make bud turn out like they do then u cant go wrong with some of the best genetics and flavours :ganjamon: :high-five:

It definitely seems to be the genetics. I remember some awfully pungent grows in the past, but every now and then, you run into a good smelly one. For me, it seems that many indicas have more smell to them than sativas, but maybe that is just me. Every once in a while I run into a really good variety that really smells up the place. Gummy Bears did that a couple of runs ago, and I have high hopes for the upcoming Girl Scout Cookies grow to do the same. Sample some more seeds and I am confident that soon you will find one more to your liking. Good luck and enjoy the search!
:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom