UK farmers: Just had The Knock, what to do?

WankirA

Hey folks,
Just had a copper at my door (which i was too stoned to answer regardless of)
Not a troubled guy, dont have scrapes with them as a rule.
The pc a woman,(spy hole), was insistant giving the door a good few raps (maybe 6) but since she left no communication i'm now thinking i should get rid of myntent etc...
So am basically off my nut here on some top notch trim but absolutely crapping mysel'...
My misses is not taking the knock lightly and is equally 'shitting bricks'...
Can i feign ignorance and just not let them in?!
Or is asking for a warrent kinda nuclear anyways...
Should i get rid of the whole lot?
Should i move all grow related stuff to loft?
Should i lower number of plants?
Should i harvest the three i have ready, and pack up tent etc and confine to depths of loft.

Advice please...?!?

Not sure about your rules on home entry there, but here in America unless they have a warrant or probable cause, they can not enter your home without permission. Also, if they had said warrant, they would not have stopped with just a knock.

The way to keep them from entering is to answer that knock by stepping out onto the front porch and closing the door, even locking it behind you. Try not to let them see anything inside as you step out. You don't have to say the Warrant word unless they state that they wish to come into your home. At that point, you can ask why.

You never know, that knock might just be solicitations for the police benevolent fund.

A call down to the local police station might be fruitful too. Tell them that a nice officer knocked, and you are available now if they would like to come back... and meet them on the front porch if they do... but the phone call should give you some idea what is going on... most likely they were looking for leads on something else on the block. If they really wanted you, you would already know.

most likely they were looking for leads on something else on the block

This seams most likely to me, i have had a couple visits from council and police on local matters in last month or two; think they may have heard but with no response she left regardless.
Prompting me to move the grow from back room to attic first thing in morning, though. Despite carbon filter and my nose telling me the coast is clear, paranoia is still rampant .

Missus already suggesting that...
:eek:

Unless you have already done something that warrants life imprisonment, I seriously suggest you give the coppers a call. Be polite and ask what they would like with you. Meet them at the station after the phone call if needed. Hide your grow in the meantime. Otherwise growing some cannabis aint worth a lengthy jail term. Dont run. It will follow you bud. All the best.

Ill move it and any likely connection to it into an unaccessable space then follow it up.
Try n get this behind us.
But fuuuuuuuu - Crapped it!

Ya that's a little frightening mate! Sorry for your luck. I think the idea of calling the station, saying someone knocked but you weren't available, are now, and can meet on porch is an excellent idea.

Legal here... But before it was, I got busted with weed (smoking, not growing) 3 times by police. 3 slaps on the wrist, plus 1 trespassing ticket.. (was doing it at some public building at 2am lol)

Well typically, I decided to move it after all the 'angst' that hiding fae' the boabies has burned me, i decided to get my two spaces moved off site.
But looking for long term storage unit.

A real pain spending the day resetting the grow space somewhere else but simply put my nerves took a serious jangle, can't do that again.
Next time the police come, I can let them in without fear. (Well, no more than i usually have!)
So, exhausted but mind at rest.
Thanks for input folks!
:green_heart:

Well typically, I decided to move it after all the 'angst' that hiding fae' the boabies has burned me, i decided to get my two spaces moved off site.
But looking for long term storage unit.

A real pain spending the day resetting the grow space somewhere else but simply put my nerves took a serious jangle, can't do that again.
Next time the police come, I can let them in without fear. (Well, no more than i usually have!)
So, exhausted but mind at rest.
Thanks for input folks!
:green_heart:
Always better to be safe then sorry. Not sure where you're located but you can always see if someone would let you rent a piece of land. I used to.do.this year's back. Rented a half acre of land for camping and could.do whatever I wanted in the space.

Cheers folks.
And will do. :thumb:

Hey folks,
Just had a copper at my door (which i was too stoned to answer regardless of)
Not a troubled guy, dont have scrapes with them as a rule.
The pc a woman,(spy hole), was insistant giving the door a good few raps (maybe 6) but since she left no communication i'm now thinking i should get rid of myntent etc...
So am basically off my nut here on some top notch trim but absolutely crapping mysel'...
My misses is not taking the knock lightly and is equally 'shitting bricks'...
Can i feign ignorance and just not let them in?!
Or is asking for a warrent kinda nuclear anyways...
Should i get rid of the whole lot?
Should i move all grow related stuff to loft?
Should i lower number of plants?
Should i harvest the three i have ready, and pack up tent etc and confine to depths of loft.

Advice please...?!?
You best make sure your TV license is up to date mate.

if they were there for the grow they wouldn't have knocked and there would be more than one of them mate. My money says something unrelated.
You can phone the station but they won't tell you anything. I've tried to find out if there was a warrant out for me before and they wouldn't say hee haw.
Obviously better to be safe than sorry but I think your good anyway.
Only way I can see you getting a knock for the grow is if they were at one of your neighbours for something and they grassed you so they took a chance. That's not normal practice though.
Big risk knocking on a potential dealers door.
Hope it all works out for you anyway mate. I've had a few scares so know how it feels. Had those arseholes in my house 3 times while I've been growing and it's fuckin traumatising lol

Back
Top Bottom