Undercurrent hydro setup

Yes I've seen the fallponics setup...Ya actually when I need to replace the air stones I was going to make some diffusion rings but since I already have all the air stones might as well use them u know...And the noise really isn't a issue on the pump as my oscillating fans I can hear over the pump usually anyways so no biggie there I was saying as in the alita120s being the issue with being loud....
Ya the drain kit is def the way to go..I could lower the amount that gets drained as I could add a tee and a piece of PVC with a elbow and have the drain in both outside sections but not really needed..I did use 3/4 PVC and bulkheads for the drains as the return pump for the drain only just doesn't drain enough or even close to it for me as mine would stop in the middle of the bulkhead so pretty useless as a drain which is why I built the drain kit and I wasn't gna pay 100 for the current culture one fuck that and I don't use uniseals or hoses for that matter..So next best thing build it urself so I did and so far it's worked out great..It also circulates the system better too so why not.....If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or if u need a parts list or anything just let me know....
yeah I get the potential issues that hpa cab have w power outage/pump failure etc..Nozzles I'd have more than 1 per bucket so clogging won't be a concern plus I use dry nutes so my water is crystal clear..Also I would have a DC high pressure pump I'd have hooked up to a battery for a backup ...As saving 95-98% water usage would be huge plus it's more efficient not having all the pumps running 247 etc...
Ya the PVC orbit fittings are absolutely wonderful and I think all rdwc setups should use those fittings...also not too sure why no one else uses pvc for their chillers everyone uses hoses only..and it's sooo simple the chiller threads are 1 1/4 well the 1/4hp uses anyways which is a common size for personal grows...
...so with the hpa setup I think I'm gna use the new current culture 8gal grow modules that has the drain well so they drain 100% and plus it would be cheap not having to buy the 3in pvc and bulkheads mainly with 2 per tote it adds up quick so hpa would be cheaper build but will see still deciding regardless as of now I'm going to sit back and enjoy my grow and maybe in a CPL harvests I'll check out hpa for veg 1st and go from there...

Yes I've seen the fallponics setup...Ya actually when I need to replace the air stones I was going to make some diffusion rings but since I already have all the air stones might as well use them u know...And the noise really isn't a issue on the pump as my oscillating fans I can hear over the pump usually anyways so no biggie there I was saying as in the alita120s being the issue with being loud....
Ya the drain kit is def the way to go..I could lower the amount that gets drained as I could add a tee and a piece of PVC with a elbow and have the drain in both outside sections but not really needed..I did use 3/4 PVC and bulkheads for the drains as the return pump for the drain only just doesn't drain enough or even close to it for me as mine would stop in the middle of the bulkhead so pretty useless as a drain which is why I built the drain kit and I wasn't gna pay 100 for the current culture one fuck that and I don't use uniseals or hoses for that matter..So next best thing build it urself so I did and so far it's worked out great..It also circulates the system better too so why not.....If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or if u need a parts list or anything just let me know....
yeah I get the potential issues that hpa cab have w power outage/pump failure etc..Nozzles I'd have more than 1 per bucket so clogging won't be a concern plus I use dry nutes so my water is crystal clear..Also I would have a DC high pressure pump I'd have hooked up to a battery for a backup ...As saving 95-98% water usage would be huge plus it's more efficient not having all the pumps running 247 etc...
Ya the PVC orbit fittings are absolutely wonderful and I think all rdwc setups should use those fittings...also not too sure why no one else uses pvc for their chillers everyone uses hoses only..and it's sooo simple the chiller threads are 1 1/4 well the 1/4hp uses anyways which is a common size for personal grows...
...so with the hpa setup I think I'm gna use the new current culture 8gal grow modules that has the drain well so they drain 100% and plus it would be cheap not having to buy the 3in pvc and bulkheads mainly with 2 per tote it adds up quick so hpa would be cheaper build but will see still deciding regardless as of now I'm going to sit back and enjoy my grow and maybe in a CPL harvests I'll check out hpa for veg 1st and go from there...
I will keep you in mind if I decide to add a drain kit .

For the hpa system I used 2 nozzles per bucket and had the pump pushing 140psi when it kicked on . if you are interested in the parts that where used look at the diy in my sig ..parts never changed only the grow module . I also ran a 100micron filter on the intake side of the pump . The pump ran on dc or a/c with a converter . I did think about a backup..it just wound up being to many parts and things that could go wrong for me . It was fun though as I cant tell you how many people told me it wouldn't work. Not really here on 420 but another site . Some here just thought i was off my rocker . lol As there really wasn't a whole lot of info out there anywhere when I started .

I pretty much see the same results with a hyperaerated rdwc system and I have less backup parts to keep stock of .

I actually don't see much diff in having spare parts for hpa vs rdwc as I have quite a bit of spare parts that's for sure for my setups pumps fittings bulkheads etc u name it pretty much I have it.. actually I have about spares for everything for my entire grow fans pumps buckets lights timers u name it pretty much I have it actually lol...ya Ive seen your hpa setup I would do mine a lil diff like having a storage tank relays valves etc which yes they are points of failure however the same can be said about rdwc... I'm looking to switch to hpa for efficiency I know I pry won't gain nor loose anything yield wise..saving 95-98%water is a huuuge turn on for me for it actually...and I could use the new grow modules which has a false floor with the drain well so it would be easy to run and fully drain I would use the push in unions too as they would be great for the misters as like the ones I used the 3/8x1/4 would be great or even 1/4 only all the way from the pump... however I got pry a year before I start buying parts tho so I got some time to think and design it...shit my upgraded c.c setup took me like 3mo to redesign and like a dozen diff designs actually too I did for it...and the same for bloom...it all started with bloom and I figured if I'm going to do bloom might as well do it for veg too...
As like my bloom setup is pretty much the same as the veg tent other than waterfall vs air stones..but the drains I did the same..also for my control buckets both I made my own add back kit which was like 20 ea only not the 105 c.c like screw that highway robbery as mine are identical there is absolutely zero diff at all not even their name on theres even and they want 85 to put it together absolutely not...thing is it's not a must have of course but if u know the amount u have to put in it works great...but sucks if u don't know how much u will need as u always have to dilute it into like a 1000ml container and kind hArd to get ppm wen it's pre diluted and then takes time to get into the system on top of it so sometimes depends wat it is I will just add it to the system wait 15min or so and go from there....I also use a top off res that I run a week ahead nutes wise and my system pH always rises so I will have a lower pH for top off and it keeps the main system more stable and has less of a pH swing and takes longer til I have to readjust pH which is nice

Got some updated pics we are in day 17 bloom in these pics...I was in the hospital the past 10 days so things got a bit out of hand lol well ull see I still have lots of work to do and then add the 2nd net
The 1st two pics are clones I'm doing a lil experiment on with the Mason jar and hydroton in the pitcher since I do not like it so they are
Now lab rats so it doesnt matter lol..... And the last couple pics is before I supercropped and scrogged them then there's a few days later and then last night further up...and those big ass trunks!!!!!! Saying FEEED MEEEEEEEEEE FOOOOOOOODDDDD LOL
IMG_20190811_164633.jpg
IMG_20190811_154121.jpg
IMG_20190810_215502.jpg
IMG_20190810_194341.jpg
IMG_20190809_194304.jpg
IMG_20190722_163540.jpg
IMG_20190721_073641.jpg
IMG_20190718_115111.jpg

Back
Top Bottom