UV Lighting bug zapper?

Ganja Droid 420

I'm running my veg cycle technically on a 24/0 cycle, with my 40w UV bug zapper on during the 6 hours of darkness. It's an added measure during veg to combat any insects, I only use Triple-R for fungus gnats and a Chilli/Garlic Organic bug spray for good measure. However, I was wondering if the UV light has any benefit to the plants? I know the lumen output would be fuck all, though having the UV spectrum available would have to beneficial to the plants right?

20220411_212431_HDR.jpg

20220411_212450_HDR.jpg

20220411_212504_HDR.jpg

Good morning nice looking garden you have... I'm not sure about the uv bug zapper light giving any extra benefits. There is minimal research on it saying "increases yield and potency", but the results of the uv on cannabis is little studied and there is no factual info....I had this same question a few months back I was wondering if a black light would benefit the plant at all...and the answer was no... If any benefit it would be minimal if any , as uv light is strong and can burn plants easily.

Cheers Mate! Thanks for your kind words I've put a lot of effort into getting the environment in the grow room optimal. I think ill change the timer to 20/4 with the UV running for and hour after/before lights on. Complete darkness is always good for root growth!

I'm about to start one on these forums though heres a link to it so far...

Ah you need to be a member to view it, sorry. I'll get to work setting up a thread on here.

FYI I'm not sure you're allowed to link to other sites... might want to edit post and remove.

UVB in the last few weeks to get your plants producing more oil to protect themselves, brings out more terpenes, etc.

... and switch off your UVB lights when you get into the tent, they will give you a burn... just like a sunburn.

Your zapper is most likely UVA.

UV_spectrum_updated_2_1-800x282.jpg

j

Back
Top Bottom