Vaporizer residue

I've got an Arizer solo vape... vape at the third setting... the left over I save and make butter with... cook it 24hrs in a slow cooker on low... makes the best kicked up medicated PB cookies ever! I tried other recipes with the butter but there is a very distinct 'toasted' taste from the vaped weed... just my 2cense!
Peeece

I save all the used shit from my vape in an oz bag. Not sure what I'm saving it for haha but seems a waste to throw it away. Smells like burnt popcorn .

I save all the used shit from my vape in an oz bag. Not sure what I'm saving it for haha but seems a waste to throw it away. Smells like burnt popcorn .

Throw it in a pipe and smoke it... you have it... might as well burn it if u don't want to cook with it! ...
Guaranteed either way(one a bit more harsh than the other) it'll sneak up on you and hit yah hard!

Throw it in a pipe and smoke it... you have it... might as well burn it if u don't want to cook with it! ...
Guaranteed either way(one a bit more harsh than the other) it'll sneak up on you and hit yah hard!

Funny you mention that. I've actually been finding lately that even though it's abit harsh the brown shit left after a few vapes actually gives me a longer and more even high than when freshly packed. Weird huh .

Funny you mention that. I've actually been finding lately that even though it's abit harsh the brown shit left after a few vapes actually gives me a longer and more even high than when freshly packed. Weird huh .

I thought it was just my vape... I kept saying to my buddy that it was the gift that kept on giving... I mean I load up my vape... sit back and enjoy it... then take what has me baked and put it in a container to either smoke and get baked again... or cook with it and get baked that way... it's ridic!

I thought it was just my vape... I kept saying to my buddy that it was the gift that kept on giving... I mean I load up my vape... sit back and enjoy it... then take what has me baked and put it in a container to either smoke and get baked again... or cook with it and get baked that way... it's ridic!

Here's my stash hahaha
420-magazine-mobile397195217.jpg

I'd recommend a coconut oil. It works great in most recipes and it's easier, IMO to make than a butter. Your ABV is already decarbed, or will be completely before you finish cooking anything, wouldn't you think? The THC and CBD burn off at some of the highest temps, and most people stop before that.

It's worth considering how high you're getting on less than you thought you were getting. This is because it's the terpenes that drive the cannabinoids, so do take the time to work up through the temps and enjoy the flavors of the terps. It's one of the best features of a vaporizer.

Since it's already decarbed all you need do is bond the cannabinoids to the carrier oil. That means low heat for a couple hours and some vigorious shaking or stirring to get all the rest of the cannabinoids harvested. I'd think you could get by with as little as a half cup of coconut oil to up to a half ounce of ABV, closed up tightly and placed in the oven on the lowest temperature, shaken every time you think of it for an hour or two, then strained to clear the plant material.

Remember, you're not decarbing, you're bonding the cannabinoids to the oil. Shake often. I use a baking pan under my jar (I use a small mason canning jar).

For brownies I'd simply toss the ABV into the mix, as is. The texture and flavors of brownies cover the plant material better than almost any other recipe.

nivek, do you have a problem with plant material in brownies? I cook mine that way primarily because I don't want to lose any cannabinoids, and the only way to really do that is to eat all of it. I'm really stingy about my cannabinoids. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I just started saving mine after seeing people talk about it on here. I also want to squeeze every ounce out of it!!! ...

Since ABV (already been vaped) or AVB (already vaped bud) is cannabis which has already been heated, it will be decarboxylated and thus ready for use. As a general rule of thumb, the darker your ABV, the weaker it will be, and in my experience its not worth saving ABV which is very dark brown or almost black as it generally contains almost no psychoactive components. Cannabis begins to decarboxylate at around 220 degrees Fahrenheit. For the optimal oven method, you should preheat to 220—245 degrees, and bake the ground-up flower for about 30—45 minutes, depending on your preferences and the cannabis being utilized. Now that you've successfully decarboxylated your cannabis, you can now infuse it with various cooking oils, butter, lecithin, and also create potent alcohol or vegetable glycerine tinctures.

Now you have the info, all you require is a recipe.

:thumb:

I just looked up my vaporizer manual (V2 Pro Series 7)and there are the levels and temps:
Low = 390 degrees F / 200 degrees C
Medium = 415 degrees F / 210 degrees C
High = 440 degrees F / 225 degrees C

Aren't these temps too high to use the leftover ABV materials in edibles??

I just looked up my vaporizer manual (V2 Pro Series 7)and there are the levels and temps:
Low = 390 degrees F / 200 degrees C
Medium = 415 degrees F / 210 degrees C
High = 440 degrees F / 225 degrees C

Aren't these temps too high to use the leftover ABV materials in edibles??

Hmmmm if u follow the quote you used it looks like it would be...
420-magazine-mobile1164677621.jpg
here's a pic of my vape's temp setting... I only use the third setting with my herb... once it has done through the solo Arizer, I save it... and it is plenty potent!

I don't care for coconut, so I make Budder... using my crock pot... low setting, 1lb of butter, 1 cup water, low setting over night...strain, cool, separate and then make chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies!!

Hmmmm if u follow the quote you used it looks like it would be...
420-magazine-mobile1164677621.jpg
here's a pic of my vape's temp setting... I only use the third setting with my herb... once it has done through the solo Arizer, I save it... and it is plenty potent!

I don't care for coconut, so I make Budder... using my crock pot... low setting, 1lb of butter, 1 cup water, low setting over night...strain, cool, separate and then make chocolate chunk peanut butter cookies!!

Thanks for that information. I appreciate it. From your chart it seems I should only use my vaporizer on LOW 390 degrees F to get close to your same results with the ABV then, right? I know different weed produces different affects, so I'm just saying it might be generally close to the same results as you. So that I could get 2 bangs for 1 buck so to speak. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for that information. I appreciate it. From your chart it seems I should only use my vaporizer on LOW 390 degrees F to get close to your same results with the ABV then, right? I know different weed produces different affects, so I'm just saying it might be generally close to the same results as you. So that I could get 2 bangs for 1 buck so to speak. Thanks for your help.

Yah I went to a couple different shops and with this Vape they both said the same thing...
"Burn it at 3, anything over 4 and the tested quality goes down"

Mine also only burns for 12 minutes at a time. I've been following that "3" setting since...(3yrs?) it's my second unit. I could probably cook it hotter but then for me it starts to taste burnt... here is a pic of my toasted herb after its come out of my vape (there is also a small amount of ground up shake in there if u notice any green)

420-magazine-mobile1031539853.jpg

Yah I went to a couple different shops and with this Vape they both said the same thing...
"Burn it at 3, anything over 4 and the tested quality goes down"

Mine also only burns for 12 minutes at a time. I've been following that "3" setting since...(3yrs?) it's my second unit. I could probably cook it hotter but then for me it starts to taste burnt... here is a pic of my toasted herb after its come out of my vape (there is also a small amount of ground up shake in there if u notice any green)

420-magazine-mobile1031539853.jpg

Ok. I tried mine on the low setting and definitely the harshness went done considerably.
How much does your vape hold? And how many mins do you vape it if yours shuts off after 12 mins? Mine auto shuts off after just a couple of minutes.
The pic helped too. Mine looks similar and now I know what to do with my shake. .
Them freaking brownies and coconut oil gonna be awesome
Thanks!

Ok. I tried mine on the low setting and definitely the harshness went done considerably.
How much does your vape hold? And how many mins do you vape it if yours shuts off after 12 mins? Mine auto shuts off after just a couple of minutes.
The pic helped too. Mine looks similar and now I know what to do with my shake. .
Them freaking brownies and coconut oil gonna be awesome
Thanks!

Generally I do around 7-8 mins... if there are two of us sharing it... definitely the 12... But depending on the herb, during the time the flavour drops when it has cooked out everything that was good in it...

There are so many varieties and options out there that it's crazy! Hard to know what's best without running variations on your equip...
different amounts of herb, and then varying temp...

Generally I do around 7-8 mins... if there are two of us sharing it... definitely the 12... But depending on the herb, during the time the flavour drops when it has cooked out everything that was good in it...

There are so many varieties and options out there that it's crazy! Hard to know what's best without running variations on your equip...
different amounts of herb, and then varying temp...

Yea, it is crazy trying to find the right combo. I think I want to find a vape that has an exact temp when I buy again.

Mine is small and portable... so if I'm out in the garage or in the backyard, it works perfect... I think the next one I get will be hard wired... I hear great things about 'The Volcano' ... I think though I will try one of the sponsors here @420 to see what they have. This is a pretty cool community to be a part of. And I am all about giving back! .

Then you might want to invest in The Mighty. It's pricey but it's well worth it, in my opinion and you can set the exact temperature on it. I usually set mine to about 380 to 385 depending on what I'm vaping. And, it's versatile, too. Not only can you vape bud but you can vape hash oil, too. You have to order separate pads (they look like miniature SOS pads) but if you have some oil around, it's a handy thing to have.

Yea, it is crazy trying to find the right combo. I think I want to find a vape that has an exact temp when I buy again.

Then you might want to invest in The Mighty. It's pricey but it's well worth it, in my opinion and you can set the exact temperature on it. I usually set mine to about 380 to 385 depending on what I'm vaping. And, it's versatile, too. Not only can you vape bud but you can vape hash oil, too. You have to order separate pads (they look like miniature SOS pads) but if you have some oil around, it's a handy thing to have.

Thanks. I will look into that.

Great thread, glad I found it! I just got my vape, The Mighty, about 1 1/2 months ago. I can't brag on it enough. It's pricey but it performs.

I bought mine through Smokazon, a 420 sponsor. I even used their "Make an Offer" option and got it cheaper than I could find anywhere else online. They sell on eBay for cheap but beware of knock offs if you go that route.

Thanks for sharing the info and recipes for your ABV. I have quite a bit saved up that I have been vaping at 375, can't wait to try some of these out!

Back
Top Bottom