Veg time question .. Does she look ready for flower?

Astn23g

420 Member
Snapchat-1466453138.jpg
Snapchat-1355526477.jpg
Snapchat-934339374.jpg
Snapchat-1236002932.jpg
1St mainline attempt. About 19" tall. Does she look healthy? Is she ready for flower?

When the set of nodes are no longer directly side by side but spaced further up/down from each other, thats when the plant is mature enough for flowering. You can still force it to flower if nodes are side by side but it takes longer to show pre-sex signs from what i've noticed. It may also extend the flowering time by a few days to a week if too early, i imagine this varies quite a lot.

Your plant is definitely big enough and can flower at any time. Thats my understanding of it.

To add:
A photo period plant can be put into flowering (Correct me if I am wrong) but 3-4 weeks from seed on.

It needs time to mature enough to be able to flower, but you can maintain in veg as long as you choose to. If you feel it is ready, just remember it will increase it's size from 50% - 300% depending on your strain.

Keep in mind if you flower at week 3, you will have a small plant.

It is about the maturity of the genes. Grown correctly by even as early as 5 weeks you can bloom without impact.

You can bloom before it is ready.

You can stunt growth and slow maturity but that is hard really at the level we are talking about.

IMO the primary driver of when to bloom should be based on the available space or desired size.

It can tripple in size and mismanaged that can run into heat problems and then from stress hermi and then you loose it. That is like worst case and easily avoidable. Or you could grow the flower too close together with low airflow and cause mold and loose it all.

Those are the main problems with waiting too long to bloom. Both easily fixed with a little pruning after stretch.

If the plant in you opinion shouldn't get more than double it's current size you should bloom now.

Looking good.

Back
Top Bottom