Vested interest in moving MM forward

smalltownboy

Hello from Colorful Colorado and one of the progressive (parts at least) medical marijuana forerunners in the US.
I grew up in the 60's and the interest, potency and variety of marijuana and designer strains has certainly evolved since then. My interest is multi. My wife and I have an environmental air, water and solar company. As it turns out, all of the preceeding are needed by my clients. I am working with growers with serious water issues, growers trying to use their property for solar generation, and workers getting harrassed because of the marijuana odor that sticks with them when they leave the property. Also, the air quality issues with-in the grow environment. Dehumidifiers getting clogged, air quality for the workers with-in the buildings, and the fear of foreign airborn particles polluting the grow environment.
I hope to engage the forums for solutions to questions such as: Can pond water be used, after R.O treatment, for the grow facility, and should they be concerned about bacteria naturally occuring in the pond/spring water, if other parameters are met? Are ozone generation and/or UV sterilization needed? Are potential water borne pathogens passed through to the plant and potentially to the client? We have an air filter for cars, trucks and vans that can remove a myriad of outgasses, exhaust, smoke, pet odors, and marijuana resin and smoke odor. These treated media can also possibly have great effect on odors eminating from grow facilities. Is there a market for such an after market product? Finally, can solar photovoltaic be incorporated to offset the tremendous electrical usage of grow facilities? Are grow facilities aware of the tax credits and depreciation available to their business should they install solar panels?
I hope to investigate and use the experience of the members to answer these questions, yet not violate the intent of the forums. Any direction as to what strings I should pay attention to will be much appreciated. Thanks.

:welcome:

I can answer the solar part. My best friend grows and had solar installed 2 years ago. He spent about 15k after the fed and state rebates so I think his total was around 25K. He has nothing but praise for it as he has almost no electric bill now (comparatively speaking, solar runs everything in his house, the grid is for his grow only). He actually makes money from it when he does his 1x a year shutdown and reset. He grows for a popular local disp and paid off his solar in less than a year on top of making a living. He has mentioned that he would like to double - triple his solar in the future but doesn't know if he has room for the additional panels needed.

The USA needs to be more like Germany when it comes to solar. All new homes built must have solar installed.

Just wish my electric Co gave solar rebates.....they do not but, they are coal investors and my only option. :thedoubletake:

yes I will name the tards...
I.R.E.A.

WillyB

WillieB,
Thanks for your reply. If your energy supplier is IREA, you are correct that they do not give rebates. However, there is a 30% tax credit for residential, and 30% tax credit or Federal Treasury Tax Grant for commercial. This is a check from Uncle Sam for business if you chose not to take the tax credit. Tax credits are dollar for dollar off your tax liability, not you income. And you don't have to take all of it in one year, if you don't owe eneough to offset the 30%! There is also a 100% first year depreciation allowed for business. IREA does allow net metering, which means you can theorectically supply all your power to yourself. So the question I always ask is "you have to buy your electricity from someone. Why not yourself?" You get to lock in your cost for the next 20+ years, you just have to pay for some of it upfront. As pricing has come down,especially in the last 2 years, you may want to revisit this, especially if you own a business, and have a tax liability. You can give the money to the government, or put it back into your business. Also ask IREA about REC credits if you produce electricity.

Small Town Boy (western slope)

Back
Top Bottom