HPS, LED & Solar Panel Question

HigherTheHigh

Hello all :).

First off all id like to thank @Teddy Edwards for the continued support and help as always :).

So iv recently started a shed grow room, its nearly finished, i just have a few touch ups to do and its all go, i just have a few questions about lighting and the space its in if i can :).

Im growing 4 plants in soil, 20L pots, there around 2.5ft tall now, untrained, the walls have been covered with diamond reflective material, with a small let screw in bulb its quite bright so the reflective is working perfect, 8 inch 600mm long carbon filter, i am going to convert to LED but hps for now and when the summer hits ill have enough money to either build a full rig or buy a made setup.

I have a good 2x6ft space to light up, could i just use 1 600w hps light in the middle or maybe use a adjuster a wing reflector which i dont have but could buy one, or a 400w and 600w setup?

Second question is when i plan to convert to LED i want something thats much more over powered for the space, 1000w draw is what im looking for so i know im getting every gram possible for the space, id like something that maybe commercial growers use or "if" its viable i will build my own, but as always im always wanting yield as most of you know leccy isnt cheap these days, heat wont be a problem as im also building pipework into the walls that will feed air conditioning and humidity :).

My final question is does anyone have or know of solar panel setups as im thinking eventually i would like to either run the plants from the panels or part off it so it cuts my electricity bill down, im always in the garden with power tools so people wont think its a miss if there bigger than your normal pond solar panels.

Thanks and i hope and wish everyone is in fit health :D.

Right now we have new SP and TS grow lights coming out, all with white light, full spectrum , saving at least 30% energy than the traditional led grow lights. For your 2x6 space, you can use 2 of the TS-1000 or two of the SP-150, will cover your space very well, while only cost less than 300w wattage.:yahoo:
Why so efficient?
Traditional lights only give you around 1.6~1.8umol/J, these two you can get 2.2~2.45umol/j haha, that is the difference. Hopefully will help you a little! :green_heart:

The only reason i wouldnt go with the 1000w hps is the light wouldnt be equal to all 4 corners, i know it would be quite intense but i want something more equal as i m planning to scrog the area over time :).

I know a guy that has a solar panel company but he doenst know i grow so id like to keep it that was as im a person to keep there privacy locked down, if its not viable then its not worth it then.

@SmokeSara i was going to message you as i know your the sponsor for the site, does your company build one offs?

HPS is for flowering. If used in veg you will get tall lanky plants. 2 CMH's would kill the area for only 700 watts or less. But they are still not the most efficient.

I would use 4 cobs (one per plant) or quantum boards. 4 hundred watts or so. Dimmable so you can go down to 300 PAR when plants are young and then crank it to 800 to 1000 PAR during flower.

To get some idea of different lights.

The only reason i wouldnt go with the 1000w hps is the light wouldnt be equal to all 4 corners, i know it would be quite intense but i want something more equal as i m planning to scrog the area over time :).

I know a guy that has a solar panel company but he doenst know i grow so id like to keep it that was as im a person to keep there privacy locked down, if its not viable then its not worth it then.

@SmokeSara i was going to message you as i know your the sponsor for the site, does your company build one offs?
Currently we don't hav ethe solor panel light, but with several of our new lights, either the SP or TS, you can get great coverage also save more energy. :D :green_heart: Feel free to PM me when you have some question or need. ;)

HPS is for flowering. If used in veg you will get tall lanky plants. 2 CMH's would kill the area for only 700 watts or less. But they are still not the most efficient.

I use a 600w MH bulb for veg and i never get lanky plants, always tight and bushy, all down to the height if your getting lanky plants bud.

Currently we don't hav ethe solor panel light, but with several of our new lights, either the SP or TS, you can get great coverage also save more energy. :D :green_heart: Feel free to PM me when you have some question or need. ;)

Yeah i will shoot you a message over at some point today :).

Back
Top Bottom