VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

The buckets and hose I clean with water and my hands and a wash cloth. The air hose I use water and wash them good. The air stones I boil.

If you have fungus gnats the best solution is to place about 1 inch of vermiculite on the surface. Found next to perlite wherever that is sold and for the same purpose.

What happens is the larvae live in the soil and eat the roots fine hairs destroying the root system. That can make the plant show just about any deficiency and other problems and will eventually kill the plant. when they are old enough they will come out of the soil and fly around looking to breed. then go back find soil to lay eggs and die.

When the soil is covered in vermiculite they can't find soil and fly off looking for a place to lay eggs. If you have covered up and cleaned up and sealed up all soil in the area not just in the grow tent and they have no where to lay eggs they die with a belly full of babies. they live about 10 - 15 days I think so in 2 weeks they will all be gone. Caught early enough it aint no thang. But t is an emergency and needs to be dealt with ASAP.

That method is no fuss no muss and does not put chems in your soil. That is for gnats, I don't know what you have.

Yeah there babies are white worms with black heads. Now I just got to figure out what the other little sob's are lol as for verm I got a few small bags of that in the shed. I used it around my yellow rose of texas (cactus) that I planted last summer. Thanks man and sorry for treading on the journal with that question just wanted to ask a trusted person that knows much more then I before I done something bad.

That is fine. I aint making this journal for me. I was begged by many to do it so I am just throwing out "a way" to grow that is not "normal". You don't need to spend money on fancy nutes. All that stuff I use to make teas is stuff I bought a long time ago... some of it more than a year ago, and I still have years worth so I am making this whole run for free WRT nutes.

I don't see any value in me making a journal that is like anyone you can find. There are plenty of great growers on there much better than me. So I am just doing this to give those who keep asking some place where they can do just that and ask questions and stay out of the FAQ which gets overrun with people arguing about things that are actually facts that are well understood.

So feel free to ask me questions here unless you want to just PM me. Lots of people just do that. I had 2 when I got back from work by people who have journals and they just wanted to get my answer on things that if they posted, even in their journal, they would have gotten a bunch of wild answers they didn't want so they just PM'd me and that is fine too.

:rofl:

Bwahhahahaha

Well since I am here a mini update.

Since I have to shut down in a few months I took a bunch of clones of the Raspberry Cough (probably more than I can handle) and they are all doing great. I am gonna go get some smaller pots and just make myself a bogus half ass SOG filling in everywhere and staggering in plants and running a virtual perpetual until I have to stop chop and dry.

Unfortunately I put the current seeds in big pots assuming I would grown them out kinda big for this journal but I guess now I am just gonna top them at 4 nodes and bloom them right away. They are at the 4 nodes now but I am gonna let them go a bit longer so I can do a topping that allows for faster rebound and then I will clone the main stem. Anyway basically there is no point in waiting longer then it takes for my clones to start cycling in. And I will just keep cloning those RC females a few each week for a while so I can add new girls constantly up until week 17. I have mapped this all in my spreed sheet.

We are currently at the end of week 4. At the end of week 6 I will transition the tent to bloom. I actually took a RC clone accidentally a while back when a branch came off while inspecting and that one should be ready for soil soon so I can keep bringing in plants to blooming until it is overfull (which will happen right away as I cloned a ton to think out the current plants). Then we shall see if I can hold it together. I already have too many clones for the space so who knows what I may do to those. May need to find someone in the Portland area to give them to.

Also since the transplant transition is over and they are taking off I upped the light to 750W. I removed the LED that was helping out in the corner and reshuffled things around to get them tighter under the light.

Temps are mid 70's and Humidity is low 60's to upper 50's. When it gets to the lower 50's I go out and re-soak the towels.

Oh yeah and I finally watered the clones yesterday after I cloned. I watered with some cal mag, silica and sugaree but I will likely stop the cal mag not that the roots have had a chance to get down to the compost soil. They still were not looking that dry but I wanted to water after cloning. The soil was dry but the plants didn't look bad at all.

3_131.JPG

Holly shenanigans Batman!

So what a day in Whoville...

I got up this morning and after some SNL from the DVR I go check my plants. One of them has started flowering in a big way. Now I am not running autos and I still have them on 24 hours of light. The only thing I can figure is my Chitosan scared it into flowering NOW. I thought I did a light version becasue I brewed the tea the minimum time but in any case later in the day I went out and bam I have another one that is showing what I would guess is going to turn into a male flower as well. The first one is plane as day but the second one is at the point where I would call it but most people say you can't tell yet. So that got me to thinking I wonder if this only causes the males to flower early and if so ...now that is the bomb! I mean I can harvest pollen from this before the females start flowering without worry of contamination now.

NYPD_male.JPG

So at least removing this bugger will make space for more clones.

This one has gone fully into bloom and has even more now just a few hours later. I was originally gonna see about pulling pollen from the WW if there was a male but everything else in there is some F1 so I am hesitant to take some. But at the same time if I have some genetics that I can turn on flowering and keep it in 24 light that is an interesting thing to play with.

Like an auto I can control...what is that!?!?! Like if I can make that happen then whoa!

So the question is do I chop this one to make space for my clones or do I harvest pollen off this and see what I can come up with down the road? Breeding is a long difficult journey I was not planning on. I can get this strain anytime from the seed bank so I am thinking cutting my losses and filling with clones.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter?

Holly shenanigans Batman!

So what a day in Whoville...

I got up this morning and after some SNL from the DVR I go check my plants. One of them has started flowering in a big way. Now I am not running autos and I still have them on 24 hours of light. The only thing I can figure is my Chitosan scared it into flowering NOW. I thought I did a light version becasue I brewed the tea the minimum time but in any case later in the day I went out and bam I have another one that is showing what I would guess is going to turn into a male flower as well. The first one is plane as day but the second one is at the point where I would call it but most people say you can't tel yet. So that got me to thinking I wonder if this only causes the males to flower early and if so ...now that is the bomb! I mean I can harvest pollen from this before the females start flowering without worry of contamination now.

NYPD_male.JPG

So at least removing this bugger will make space for more clones.

This one has gone fully into bloom and has even more now just a few hours later. I was originally gonna see about pulling pollen from the WW if there was a male but everything else in there is some F1 so I am hesitant to take some. But at the same time if I have some genetics that I can turn on flowering and keep it in 24 light that is an interesting thing to play with.

Like an auto I can control...what is that!?!?! Like if I can make that happen then whoa!

So the question is do I chop this one to make space for my clones or do I harvest pollen off this and see what I can come up with down the road? Breeding is a long difficult journey I was not planning on. I can get this strain anytime from the seed bank so I am thinking cutting my losses and filling with clones.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter?
That is a crazy cool phenomenon being able to take out males right away I like growing from seed and I have a bunch that I collected over the years in co. So I am interested in how this progresses about the male i would make room for clones ww is a easily attainable strain so ...Idk just my 2cents

It was the NYPD that flowered on me not the WW. The second one that has just the hint of a preflower is a SW which is a WW x NL. All of these seeds I can get a hold of in the future. The guy at the grow store went on and on about what experiments he would do and he wants me to go back and let him know. Well of the 3 grow stores near me I don't like that one it is just the one open on Sundays. And I wont be growing again from seed for a long time so this data will be our little secret. But the next few times I grow from seed I will do this again and see if this does do what I think is happening.

It was the NYPD that flowered on me not the WW. The second one that has just the hint of a preflower is a SW which is a WW x NL. All of these seeds I can get a hold of in the future. The guy at the grow store went on and on about what experiments he would do and he wants me to go back and let him know. Well of the 3 grow stores near me I don't like that one it is just the one open on Sundays. And I wont be growing again from seed for a long time so this data will be our little secret. But the next few times I grow from seed I will do this again and see if this does do what I think is happening.
Cool oh I guess I got cought up in what u were seeing I mixed up the strain but if they r easy to get then...but yea please let me know in the future I'm starting with some seeds that r easy to get and can experiment with saving the good strains that I haven't seen in awhile and definitely arent around this desert for a better more prepared more educated grow

Thanks but I know what did this. Chitosan causes (among other things) hearty heavy flowering and breeding. it is a response to the insect infestation. The plant decided it was time to flower now before the insects kill it off.

I actually have been taking decent notes on this one but I have mostly (except for a couple of days last week) had it in an ideal state.

I was talking to this guy about the transition and probably it has something to do with genetic lineage back to Northern Lights. Not certain so I probably will get some of those soon. My next purchase from them was going to be a few IBL's. NL is one, Probably a Kush as well.

Let me go check and see whats up...see if there are any updates.

Nope no real change.

I picked up a bunch of 3 gallon pots for the clones today. I am gonna go yank the male and put the first clone in a 3 gallon pot and I will just reuse much of the soil from the one I am killing. It will give me a chance to say hi to the worms and see how they are doing.

:party:

I agree with FE, take notes of everything for the record but after that I think it's better to chop it... You can get more seeds easily and have a deadline to shut the grow so filling it with lovely ladies would be best :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well I took the notes I was taking and that is in the past and it has happened. I agree I have a ton of clones so I will just keep cycling them in. I have a schedule all mapped out for when the last clones can enter. If everything works out I will be harvesting the first set a week or 2 before the last sets go in. I probably will pull out on of the big clones I have in there now and use it as a mother for the next 2 months and then throw her in there at the last moment.

The Chitosan can do this it. Does a lot of cool things to the plant. The last thing the plant saw was the chitosan tea 5 days back. I almost didn't throw in the Crab meal at that time. But I have read and seen that is helps with veg too. I just didn't think it could be that powerful in veg to cause this in 24 hour lighting. In fact even though I know it induces massive flowering I would never have guessed it causing sexing but this explains the sexing I got last time. I was able to positively sex all my plants after just the first 12 hour night cycle last time. I have done that in the past with regular nutes but never that fast. I probably gave them a dose of this leading into bloom (that sounds like something I would do) and that caused it. I always start my bloom nutes a week early. That last grow displayed at the beginning of this journal I used my tea throughout bloom exclusively (along with Sugaree, Cal mag and Silica) and I bet I gave them a good dose right before bloom.

I did throw some Crab meal in with the compost as well.

There is a ton of research being done on this topic as it shows great benefits to humans as well as plants. The US forest service uses this in the forest. I aint making this shtuff up. I started brewing with this because I didn't want to pay the exorbitant costs for Bud Factor X. I figured out what is in it and a few other things and threw it all in the tea. I did some thinking and worked it out with this guy and we came up with a recipe of ingredients and I have been tuning in the recipe for some time. I thought I had it dialed down safely but apparently it is still a bit strong LOL.

VI, would you mind taking a look at Hozona he put out a 911 and I'm no help.

Thank you VI for all you do Sir :Namaste:

Well I took the notes I was taking and that is in the past and it has happened. I agree I have a ton of clones so I will just keep cycling them in. I have a schedule all mapped out for when the last clones can enter. If everything works out I will be harvesting the first set a week or 2 before the last sets go in. I probably will pull out on of the big clones I have in there now and use it as a mother for the next 2 months and then throw her in there at the last moment.

The Chitosan can do this it. Does a lot of cool things to the plant. The last thing the plant saw was the chitosan tea 5 days back. I almost didn't throw in the Crab meal at that time. But I have read and seen that is helps with veg too. I just didn't think it could be that powerful in veg to cause this in 24 hour lighting. In fact even though I know it induces massive flowering I would never have guessed it causing sexing but this explains the sexing I got last time. I was able to positively sex all my plants after just the first 12 hour night cycle last time. I have done that in the past with regular nutes but never that fast. I probably gave them a dose of this leading into bloom (that sounds like something I would do) and that caused it. I always start my bloom nutes a week early. That last grow displayed at the beginning of this journal I used my tea throughout bloom exclusively (along with Sugaree, Cal mag and Silica) and I bet I gave them a good dose right before bloom.

I did throw some Crab meal in with the compost as well.

There is a ton of research being done on this topic as it shows great benefits to humans as well as plants. The US forest service uses this in the forest. I aint making this shtuff up. I started brewing with this because I didn't want to pay the exorbitant costs for Bud Factor X. I figured out what is in it and a few other things and threw it all in the tea. I did some thinking and worked it out with this guy and we came up with a recipe of ingredients and I have been tuning in the recipe for some time. I thought I had it dialed down safely but apparently it is still a bit strong LOL.
I like your tea that you are doing and it is pretty cool that it can in a way induce flowering I want out and looked at nutes and that bud factor was 80 bucks

1) dropped that guy a line so hopefully he will get that grow fixed.

2) Yeah Bud factor X cost a ton and for a reason. The shit works. But it is made from trash. They take byproduct that normally gets thrown away and break it down and bottle it and sell it for a ton.

I used to make my own microbial teas back in the day but no where near as complex. I stopped growing for a while and when I got back into it there is just a ton of new stuff out there that blew my mind.

So I started doing research and most all of it was just a repackaging of something we used to make ourselves or you could buy. There were a few things however that I had not tried and were supper expensive. The Bud Factor X was the straw that broke this camels back.

At the time Advanced Nutrients had descriptions of their products that included what the major ingredients were that made them. so you could figure out what made up Bud factor X and Nirvana and other stuff. So I figured out what the important stuff was they were selling and bundled it in one tea. There are a few more things I have left out but I take care of them on the side like the Mycos.

Anyway for a fraction of the cost I bought enough stuff to make many years worth of Bud Factor X and Nirvana. I don't know if I will ever go through all of that crab meal but it wont be for a very long time. I am basically doing this entire grow with leftovers so it is basically free and I have enough to do like the next 4 grows easily for free. Not to mention I already did 2 grows with it.

Most of the ingredients are dirt cheap. The only thing expensive is the Hygrozyme.

1) dropped that guy a line so hopefully he will get that grow fixed.

2) Yeah Bud factor X cost a ton and for a reason. The shit works. But it is made from trash. They take byproduct that normally gets thrown away and break it down and bottle it and sell it for a ton.

I used to make my own microbial teas back in the day but no where near as complex. I stopped growing for a while and when I got back into it there is just a ton of new stuff out there that blew my mind.

So I started doing research and most all of it was just a repackaging of something we used to make ourselves or you could buy. There were a few things however that I had not tried and were supper expensive. The Bud Factor X was the straw that broke this camels back.

At the time Advanced Nutrients had descriptions of their products that included what the major ingredients were that made them. so you could figure out what made up Bud factor X and Nirvana and other stuff. So I figured out what the important stuff was they were selling and bundled it in one tea. There are a few more things I have left out but I take care of them on the side like the Mycos.

Anyway for a fraction of the cost I bought enough stuff to make many years worth of Bud Factor X and Nirvana. I don't know if I will ever go through all of that crab meal but it wont be for a very long time. I am basically doing this entire grow with leftovers so it is basically free and I have enough to do like the next 4 grows easily for free. Not to mention I already did 2 grows with it.

Most of the ingredients are dirt cheap. The only thing expensive is the Hygrozyme.
Well I got a couple of questions I'll try not to jump around I'm a little adhd and I got ptsd so I tend to fly all over.so do u make a tea for veg too or do you u said something about mixing the soil so I don't have to have any thing?can you but this stuff to make the tea at any garden&grow supply store?lastly if I did get but factorx or nirvana or what ever they got there is a bunch can I use it with diffrent bloom nutes like age old ?

So the tea has many ingredients. Each has a purpose. All of the ingredients are well understood and a simple google search will tell you tons more then I can type on each ingredient so you can understand why I use them and when I should. Throughout the grow the plants have different needs so you can vary the ingredients to suit. For example I don't use the Bat guano in veg as that adds a ton of Phos.

I have used it throughout the entire grow many times. Most plants I have used it on just love it but don't freak out. I could be I brewed it strong or wrong or these genetics are weaker for what just happened today.

That said I usually make soils (even when not using a cool compost) that need no ferts in Veg. Veg is really only a few weeks, 2 months max. For much of that the plant is small and the roots are growing into the whole pot. So if you have a good blend that is high in Nitrogen then you need to add very little until bloom starts. The roots simply are growing still and if you have a big pot they haven't filled out yet there is a ton of soil to grow into that is still rich in ferts. The main reason to use the tea in veg is to add some beneficial bacteria into the mix to keep the soil alive an kicking. A good grower views the soil as alive and is another part of the process. Whether you like it or not the soil is alive and if you kill it you will have a harder time. If you keep it happy it will work symbiotically with the plant making for a better plant.

If you go back and read from the beginning of my journal I list off clearly all the stuff I used in the soil I think. If it is not clear by reading the journal then ask again here. You can easily use the stuff I have in the top 2/3 rds for the entire pot and get great results but you will need to add stuff later on. It will get you through most if not all of veg but eventually you will need to jump on the fertilizer band wagon.

The true do nothing routine requires months of prep by composting your own super soil. Most people take soil for the previous grow and compost it back down for reuse. You can easily reuse soil 4 times before it starts to loose its ability to hold together.

Just about everything I use should be available at any decent nursery or home depot. The one expectation is a good enzyme product. That may not be easily found outside of a hydro store.

Lastly any product line can be mixed when the right things are mixed. The only difference in the product lines really is the marketing. Some are easier to use then others but that doesn't make them better. It comes down to knowing what you are doing and what you are mixing together. Nirvana for example is not a basic nutrient and alone is not enough. It is a flower booster of sorts. It has mass doses of many micro nutes that are often lacking and a few more things. It really brings the vibrant plant out...but only if it is healthy to begin with.

Used incorrectly a lot of this stuff is just a waste of money. Used correctly and you may see great things.

Anytime Hozona! Now that I am subbed I will keep a watchful eye. I usually keep my mouth shut and wait until there is a problem. If you have your shit together and don't need any help I may fade into the blackness becasue I got too many people I am helping.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom