VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Just finished reading your journal. Hopefully you will manage to harvest b4 you have to move. I really love the work you're doing. As of now, you're my idol in this mag. And I will follow your teachings carefully as I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the props! Always nice to hear.

I do what I can.

I have 1 year to move and I get it all paid for and help with my relocation package for my new job. So I plan to grow through the summer and around September put my house on the market. I have set up a calendar and I will start blooming soon and run a veg area and a bloom area and just push out as much as I can as fast as I can until I have to shut down. Hopefully I get enough to make it through.

The 2 Raspberry Cough clones are really taking off. One of them has probably too may branches and needs thinning anyways. So I am just gonna start taking a handful each week and stagger and get what I can.

I topped most of the seeds yesterday. 2 were not ready.

After I move I will need to see what I can do. I may not be able to grow again for a long time until I build a shed or something if my new home doesn't have the space. There is limited space where I am going but I may be able to get some land and grow outside.

But man I can't think that far ahead. First I need to re-roof my house and paint it and update the kitchen. :lot-o-toke:

But after at least after 7 months sober I should be able to medicate in a few weeks.

Hey VI, just wanted to let you know I tried the "rock" thing on my pots. Another advantage besides the drainage is I can rotate the pots easily. I should have done this a LONG TIME ago! I transplanted that plant into my North wall planter at dusk today hoping she will make it and NOT HERMIE!
Thanks again. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Damn v you got alot of work ahead of you man. Wish I was closer roofing and rebuilds are my line of work :( ok I got to ask a dumb ass question what in the bloody hell is chitosan? I looked it up and all I came up with was fat burning supplies and horny goat weed. I know horny goat weed because thats what they put into Spanish fly dont ask lol

LOL

Chitosan is the result of broken down Crustacean shells. I am surprised you didn't find anything. Every time I look I find a ton of stuff on it. it is a rather hot topic in the last say ~30 years or so becasue it does so many wonderful things. Most scientists are into it because it boost a plants immune system seven going so far to make plant not just disease resistant but even immune to certain things.

The 2 main sources I see people deriving it from are Crab meal, Shrimp meal.

Chitosan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CHITOSAN: Uses, Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings - WebMD

Chitosan in Plant Protection

Well I don't know much about your situation. 65F is a bit cold and likely is wasting a little money if you run beneficial bacteria. If you run a good beneficial bacteria then you are done. I was talking on here not long ago about a guy running his hydro on his back porch in 80F and the res was that warm and fine. I wouldn't let it get that high because of other stuff but if you do it right the bacteria takes care of everything.

I mention this all the time. You need to do one or the other and go all the way. Doing something in between is burning money and often times fails to work. This is why people think one is better than the other because they failed to do the one correctly.

You want the bacteria to breed and 65 is a bit cold. They will work but just not as well as they could.

It isn't bad. I like to run in the lower 70's.

A chiller is used for one purpose and that is killing bacteria. So there is little point in it if you are trying to breed bacteria in the res.

Well I don't know much about your situation. 65F is a bit cold and likely is wasting a little money if you run beneficial bacteria. If you run a good beneficial bacteria then you are done. I was talking on here not long ago about a guy running his hydro on his back porch in 80F and the res was that warm and fine. I wouldn't let it get that high because of other stuff but if you do it right the bacteria takes care of everything.

I mention this all the time. You need to do one or the other and go all the way. Doing something in between is burning money and often times fails to work. This is why people think one is better than the other because they failed to do the one correctly.

You want the bacteria to breed and 65 is a bit cold. They will work but just not as well as they could.

It isn't bad. I like to run in the lower 70's.

A chiller is used for one purpose and that is killing bacteria. So there is little point in it if you are trying to breed bacteria in the res.

So if i used a chiller and had a sterile rez and used dutch master zone that would prevent root rot?

I don't know that product but I think that is not enough. I looked for very shortly and did not find definitive info on it. I don't have time to research that tonight.

I can say that if you run a sterile res correctly it should prevent pithyum. My guess is that "zone" stuff is not everything needed to run a sterile res and worse it may include beneficial bacteria so if you try to run a sterile res it will be throwing money down the drain.

There are 4 things generally used to make good roots. Symbiotic fungi which grows in the roots. Enzymes which break down dead roots and other stuff. Beneficial bacteria which do all sorts of things. H2O2 which kills all bacteria and bleaches roots white.

You don't want to mix all of that together. You can use 3 of those together but never put the bacteria in the same res and the H2O2.

If you want to run sterile and you do not use High concentration H2O2 (not stuff from a pharmacy that is too weak) then eventually you will have a pithyum problem. There is no such thing as running sterile. The best you can do is keep it down enough that the plant is not bothered by it. If you do not put enough in to do that then you will eventually have a problem. The res is a solution of chemicals that bacteria love. It is specifically exactly what bacteria are looking for. So if you don't beat it with good bacteria or keep it toxic then bad bacteria will take over.

I would bet that Zone does not have H2O2. You need high concentration H2O2 and you should get protective equipment when using it and be very careful becasue it is dangerous.

Anytime Hozona! Now that I am subbed I will keep a watchful eye. I usually keep my mouth shut and wait until there is a problem. If you have your shit together and don't need any help I may fade into the blackness becasue I got too many people I am helping.

:Namaste:

After close inspection I decided to yank that one. The rest of my girls are getting all giddy and wanting to play outside. I will probably grant their wish tomorrow. I appreciate people who are willing to help other growers. I am always available to help people also. I have had many more successes than failures so all in all life is good. I have had some interruptions in keeping consistent successful grows going, but I feel I am on the right track. Soil, hydro, aero, nft or combination I try to keep it fresh and interesting, but when it works I usually let it tell me what it wants. With everything going so well I really freaked when I drowned that plant. I may move away from plastic pots and start using smart pots. I will be putting one of my clones in one BID gave me. Thanks again!

Did some basic underbrush clean up and cloning and training today.

For the clones I took off lower branches that were not desired. Trained out the bigger ones like so.

Trained_out_RC.JPG

One of the WW was tall enough I could take the bottom 4 branches from the fist 2 nodes and still have 4 fully growing nodes above.
They are drooping from being dry but I watered after I did this.

WW_close.JPG

Overall at day 34...

3_18_update.JPG

My schedule is set to go one more week before flowering to give the seed plants a bit of time to mature but the clones will fill half the tent by then LOL. I think in about 3 days I can have clones from all the seed plants and I can start bloom.

S0 just an update with some rambling.

Recap notes:
Day 1: Seeds in water for a few hours then placed in most soil
Day 4: most of them surfaced.
Day 6: added a little water to the sprouts
Day 8: Clones got pH'd to 6.5 solution about a gallon each with good run off. Included Sugaree, Silicate.
Day 10: After changing the location a second NYPD sprout appeared
Day 14 all plants moved into tent
Day 15: Lightly watered sprouts
Day 18: Watered sprouts with a bit of Orca. I did not want to be using tea that early. I should have just top dressed with worm castings. I have Orca and it will go bad soon.
Day 19: Up the sprouts to final containers. They were all still wet so I waited a day to water.
Day 20: Watered Seed plants with Cal / Mag, Sugaree, Heavy Silicate
Day 24: All plants got tea. Seed plants got some extra water to drive in the tea a bit.
Day 27: Cloned the RC clones and watered them again.
Day 29: Seed plants are responding sting to Chitosan and showing nitrogen abundance issues. nothing too bad but should have probably waited a week or 2 before the first tea. Showing 2 types of growth, Bushy or Stretched. On male plant flowered early under the stress. I topped all but 2 of the seed plants as those were not ready yet.
Day 30: Finished topping seed plants

Stretch5.JPG

Bushy110.JPG

Day 34: Cloned WW1, Turned bulb up to 1000W. Leaves that were original set are still growing and as big as my hand

Day 35: Heavy Watering. First heavy watering for seed plants in 15 days, 8 Days for the clones. That was just tap water. I have very good tap water. It registers between 12-14 PPM a bit high in pH around 8 but that is not much. It has chlorine so I fill buckets and let them sit so they are ready when I need them.
Day_4210.JPG

Day 36: More training

Topped and trained this one 8 ways
Day_45_8_way_top.JPG

Day 38: Update

Day_454.JPG

Stiva growing next to Indica interesting contrast in leaf size.
Sativa_vs_Indica.JPG

This is a few images of the plant on the far right bottom above up close. It shows the leaves bigger than my hands. Then I backed up and took a pick.

Day_45_Bigger_than_hand1.JPG

Day_45_Bigger_than_hand2.JPG

WW236.JPG

Both WW and NYPD have stretched and made monster stalks. The SW stayed bushy. Will be interesting what sex these are.

I'm gonna learn so much from you VI! TY for starting a journal. I appreciate your posting all the details of your setup, because I am rapidly filling up my grow areas with Bubbelicious from seed. I need all the ideas I can get, within a budget, of course.

I'm learning quite a different growing strategy from the sativas I had for my first batch!

I am pretty sure the 2nd one I thought was going to be male has flowered male while under 24 hour lighting. That is one of the very few non-F1 seeds in there. So I will let if go a bit longer, then I will trim it down and harvest pollen from it for later. I can probably get this done before stretch is finished.

Today was the last full day of light. Tomorrow morning the lights go off for the first time. Bloom counter starts.

Did some Training where it was apparent the seed plants are drying up. Today is 6 days from last watering so I mixed up a solution with Cal / Mag and Sugaree. I pH'd it back to 6.4 with silica. Gave a good drink to each one but don't know if I had any run off as I didn't give a ton. Tomorrow I am brewing up some tea which I will provide in a few days after a strong watering with runoff.

The Clones need some tea now so I am making it for them but there should be extra and the seed plants don't need much right now.

I will add bat guano this time.

I believe this is from a female White Widow. I believe I only ended up with 2 females from seeds
WW_LEAF1.JPG

Clearly very thirsty

Thirsty2.JPG

But at 41 days with the top taken and multiple clones taken and lots of training it still stands 15 inches off the soil surface. Would have likely been more like 2 feet off the soil in 41 days If I just watered it.

about_15.JPG

The one I thought was male has stopped growing pollen sacs and the ones it was making are immature. I suspect now they will come on in full with the light schedule change. The other 2 both look like they will be male to me.

Poor luck but likely of the 8 seeds i started with and 6 that sprouted I will get 2 females.

I think this stubby fat one will be female
StubyFat.JPG

I will post a good shot in a day or so after they rebound from the training.

I will do the best I can at finishing this journal off but I am killing off all my clones that are not ready to use today. I planted a handful that have roots. None of the ones I took from the seeds are ready yet although all are doing very good. I just gotta pull the plug. I am going to leave these last clones I potted today 1 week in veg to grow roots and then throw them in the bloom tent and we will get what we get. I probably have 3 males in there already so there should be plenty of space for these small ones.

CloneRoots.JPG

The soil I made for this had the compost on the bottom and a mix of what I had opened and laying about. I was able to finish off 3 bags of mostly used stuff. Similar ratios and ingredients to previous. Much less manure.

I made up tea this morning but changed a lot about it. I like to make up more than I need and dose as I want. I upped it to 4 gallons. That is a doubled recipe. Only I did not double the Worm castings. Instead I added a 1/4 cup Bat guano. I also used molasses for the first sugar dose. I probably will use something broken down already for the maintenance feedings. I will likely let this run a while. I threw in some fresh cut yet dried cannabis. Cuttings I never rooted and I had dried out instead. So I upped the enzymes a smidgen.

In a few days all my plants will be ready for a drink so I can give them all a deep watering with good run off then top the last bit with living tea.

Back
Top Bottom