VI's - Subcool Based - 2 Worm - Multi-Strain - Mother Hunt - 2016

Not sure what you mean but I hope it works for you. I have failed at just about everything so ask as I might have done it.

So I have had a few people ask so I will do a short update.

A few days back before the pods were mature I bagged them.

Bagged.JPG

Yesterday they were looking real humid. Today a bit too much...To be clear it isn't bad just makes it harder to tell if the pollen has dropped.... so I checked and there still was no pollen drop. I further verified that no pods had burst, then took off the bags and aired out the plant outside the tent. I confirmed the pods were still not yet mature but on the verge.

LookingMature1.JPG

Yes you can train them of HST them to have the pollen fall down and leave it open but I don't have the time for such nonsense. It all works fine and so does just bagging it.

I also confirmed none of the other sites were growing new pods so all pollen was still contained.

NoNewSites.JPG

So I moved it out of the tent and into a different space now. The shock alone may cause the pollen to drop in the next 24. If not it is just a waiting game and in a week or so I will have a few bags of pollen. Then you can chop off the branch if you like and then deal with it. Sometimes if it has gone enough you can just bend over the branch and shake it all off.

I was looking for a way to use the 5 gallon jugs of water to dispense the water. I saw the picture under the tea brewer and I was off to the depot to make it. I was overthinking it. Pollen catching is way beyond my abilities though.

Pollen catching is NOT above your abilities, Noob4x4grow! You know how to tie down a branch, right? You know how to tape a baggie over the branch (after trimming to fit), right? The rest is just timing.:cheesygrinsmiley:

lol thanks AK I'm still in the boy plants are bad stage.

Some growers never outgrow that stage. it all depends on WHY you are growing: as a commercial enterprise, for your own meds, to grow your own seeds, to barter for labor, etc.

IMO, the extra labor is worth it, so , if I am successful in producing mature seed, I won't have to send to the Netherlands for more seed.

I also dry and grind the males, leaves, and larfy buds into powder for use in and on edibles. If I get any good buds, I cure those for the family, as I don't smoke.

Some growers never outgrow that stage. it all depends on WHY you are growing: as a commercial enterprise, for your own meds, to grow your own seeds, to barter for labor, etc.

IMO, the extra labor is worth it, so , if I am successful in producing mature seed, I won't have to send to the Netherlands for more seed.

I also dry and grind the males, leaves, and larfy buds into powder for use in and on edibles. If I get any good buds, I cure those for the family, as I don't smoke.

I'm mainly growing for me and another patient friend of mine. I might look into growing for seeds later when I fiddle with genetics and breeding.

I'm mainly growing for me and another patient friend of mine. I might look into growing for seeds later when I fiddle with genetics and breeding.

When you start exploring, label EVERYTHING! Don't rely on memory as to which clone came from which strain or which plant. It's the only way to control who has sex with whom. :rofl:

A second one dropped today.

So the other day I pulled them from the tent and placed him back under 24 light but just off to the side not direct. Then last night I put him in darkness after a few days of light and this morning the first had popped. Mid day and the other branch has started popping a few too. Shouldn't be but a few more days I and I can take the branches.

Pollen23.JPG

So update on the girls real quick.

I think I have been seeing signs that I should have gone 10 gallons for sure for the clones but for the seeds this may be a bit too hot. I don't want to add any real fertilizers. I want to see what I can get away with. They still are fine and blooming nicely but bigger pots would be nice. I have huge pots for later so I will be fine doing this method once I can slow down and run 4 in there at a time.

I broke down the root ball from the big RC girl from the previous grow which I posted here. That was a 15 gallon fabric pot and it still had lots of space. No where near filled out but starting to.

I think the 1 week old clones will do fine in the 3 gallon pots. LOL

Recap notes:
Day 1: Seeds in water for a few hours then placed in most soil
Day 4: most of them surfaced.
Day 6: Added a little water to the sprouts
Day 8: Clones got pH'd to 6.5 solution about a gallon each with good run off. Included Sugaree, Silicate.
Day 10: After changing the location a second NYPD sprout appeared
Day 14 all plants moved into tent
Day 15: Lightly watered sprouts
Day 18: Watered sprouts with a bit of Orca. I did not want to be using tea that early. I should have just top dressed with worm castings. I have Orca and it will go bad soon. (this is when I was root bound and didn't realize it)
Day 19: Up the sprouts to final containers. They were all still wet so I waited a day to water.
Day 20: Watered Seed plants with Cal / Mag, Sugaree, Heavy Silicate
Day 24: All plants got tea. Seed plants got some extra water to drive in the tea a bit.
Day 27: Cloned the RC clones and watered them again.
Day 29: Seed plants are responding sting to Chitosan and showing nitrogen abundance issues. nothing too bad but should have probably waited a week or 2 before the first tea. Showing 2 types of growth, Bushy or Stretched. On male plant flowered early under the stress. I topped all but 2 of the seed plants as those were not ready yet.
Day 30: Finished topping seed plants
Day 34: Cloned WW1, Cloned RC and trained them
Day 35: Heavy watering of seed plant. Showing Nitrogen overdose from lack of water. A good watering and everything looked fine.
Day 36: More Training
Day 40: Watered clones with Silica, Cal / Mag, Sugaree
Day 41: Watered Seed plants with Silica, Cal / Mag, Sugaree
Day 42: Switched to 12 /12 lighting
Day 44: Watered all seed plants but watered the females much more. Just day old tap. About 1/2 gal each female and 1/4 the 2 males WW male trimmed back and watered heavily.
Day 51: Medium watering with light runoff to seed plants, a little bit to the rest
Day 52: Removed male plant from tent to prevent exposure as there was only a few day left until pollination
Day 56: Watered moderately the bigger plants and lightly the rest
Day 57: Broke stem off Male plant with most pollen but it has way more in there then I will need.
Day 58: Little bit of water to male plant

Day 60, 18F: So watered 4 days ago and the WW is showing signs it needs some water. In about a week or so I will probably up to an every other day or every 3 days schedule as we get into mid bloom.

Full_Before.JPG

Through my HPS shades

Full_through_Shades.JPG

1 of the clones from the last grow

RC4cups.JPG

Couple of the clones from the RC clones from last grow

Clones_of_Clones.JPG

NYPD

NYPD_60.JPG

NYPD_60Shades.JPG

NYPD_60_close.JPG
NYPD_60_Stacker.JPG

NYPD_60_Stacked.JPG

WW needs some water but is doing fine.

WW_60.JPG

WWclose_601.JPG

:rofl:

By the way I have more pollen then I know what to do with. The biggest most productive branch I accidentally broke off yesterday but it was at about 1/3 done. Over night it dropped another 1/3 maybe. Anyway a ton of pollen and the other 2 are still going probably 3 or 4 more days.

Yeah it cracks me up how people always be freaking about the male and have to yank it now!!! Like no you don't...just chill and wait and confirm it is a male. the females wont be flowering for a while. Males finish off way faster and you can contain the pollen if you want.

Scratching up the leftover 16 or so sights the 1 time was almost enough for the entire process. I only went back and cleaned up 4 nodes since then. So you bag it a few days before they are gonna pop in the main tent. And I have even then left it there and grown it side by side but this time the tent is too good. The plant was growing so fast and transpiring too fast for the bags to stay reasonably dry. So I had to move it to a location that was not growing as good and stunt the plant to get it to stop working so well.

But yeah chop off and clean off what you don't want and bag the rest and you are golden.

Back
Top Bottom