Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

It depends on what ur growing in I'm in soil Ang I've seen charts that the plants absorb the most nutrients at 6.5 that is in soil I am not sure when it comes to anything else
Ya, I'd lean that way just because of the data.

The reason I ask is I started this grow running my pH same as yours as recommended for soil grows. Then I saw a posted on this forum that promix should be treated as hydro as far as pH goes. So that's how I've been running my pH 5.5 - 5.8
That's interesting, because from my understanding, ProMix is considered soiless. So you might have come across some sort of misunderstanding. I've learned that ProMix, being peat based, will naturally run acidic so feeding with 6.3 will saturate the acidic soil to form, though falling back to it's natural pH as the soil dries. I've been told to ignore runoff and have read to swear by it. If it tells me anything, its telling me the pH of the output, for whatever that's worth. The read is always in the mid 5s, telling me my pot in it's natural state is acidic until I change it.

Much if what I'm telling you is newly learned, so take it with the understanding that I may be starting a game of broken telephone. Ha. Maybe not quite that bad, but I'm no pro.

This is my first grow in 10 years. I am using hydro nutes that a local shop probuces them self they have been in business over 25 years and I have had good results with there nutes in the past. I thought I would start with what I know worked for me in the past before changing things to much.

It's 11 days since I flipped them and all is well. I only chimed in because of our grows being so similar right down to where we bought our equipment. Really the only differences I see is I am growing in a sealed room not tent 5-8-8 and my strain is WW x BB And the pH levels.

Your grow looks really healthy I will be watching your thread to see how it turns out.

Good luck my friend!

Good morning, growers.

After a good feeding yesterday, the girls have sprung up nicely and are growing at a quick pace now. This is likely due to another round of fim/tops two days ago. Whack-a-mole is on.

In the picture with only two plants, the one on the left, always the most temperamental, is showing signs of a deficiency again. I cannot keep this one happy for the life of me. It looks at times like a mag deficiency, and the outer edges of some leaves are bleaching. On other leaves, I see a few brown spots again. For the most part, she looks healthy and grows well. The other two are showing no signs of any deficiencies.

Thx.

Day 53

Attachments

• 20190117_081543.jpg
    20190117_081543.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190117_081510.jpg
    20190117_081510.jpg
    867.9 KB · Views: 30
Happy Saturday, growers.

The girls are filling out at a break neck pace and needing to be watered every 72 hours, but that's without any run off. I just don't think the root system is big enough to dry out a 7 gal pot in good time, so I water a gallon every 72 hours when the pots feel just about dry and the girls seem to very much enjoy the cycle. The pot and soil are heavy and dense after feeding, but no excess water is given.

A third round of tops took place yesterday. A couple of days ago, I topped and fimmed to see which I liked more. Still hard to say, though I seem to be leaning towards topping the new tips, over fimming them. The recovery seems better, but again, too hard to say now.

Have a look!
Thx.
Day 55.

Attachments

• 20190119_093357.jpg
    20190119_093357.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190119_094610.jpg
    20190119_094610.jpg
    747.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190119_094426.jpg
    20190119_094426.jpg
    663.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190119_094358.jpg
    20190119_094358.jpg
    789.1 KB · Views: 15
Getting thirsty ! That is a good sign of healthy roots. You are doing very well with the estimate of what the plants are using each day and trying not to let water pool in the bottom by watering to runoff each time. This is the flowering mode of watering, and I just switched to that myself in my tent when I could see that my roots were supporting it as I just flipped to 12/12.
:goodjob:

Getting thirsty ! That is a good sign of healthy roots. You are doing very well with the estimate of what the plants are using each day and trying not to let water pool in the bottom by watering to runoff each time. This is the flowering mode of watering, and I just switched to that myself in my tent when I could see that my roots were supporting it as I just flipped to 12/12.
:goodjob:
Well thanks! Nice to know I'm doing it right. At least for now. Things change so rapidly, though.

Oh the big switch! I look forward to it! Very interested to see how yours do. It seems like a big event to me, but that may be me showing my green.

Thanks for havin a look!

Its always a big deal for me... I still get nervous every time!
Oh no kidding. And why nervous? Are there alot of things that could go wrong? I suppose the answer there is 'yes', but what should I be more concerned with. I figure I'm a week or two from the flip...

Oh no kidding. And why nervous? Are there alot of things that could go wrong? I suppose the answer there is 'yes', but what should I be more concerned with. I figure I'm a week or two from the flip...
Its always the game of what if's and what did I forget this time... Even in my current grow, I forgot several things so far... adding oatmeal to one of my teas.... adding barley shoots.... Every grow is unique, and as you said.. a lot of things can go wrong yet.

Looking really good when you planning on switching to flowering?
Thanks!

Well, that's the million dollar question. I think I'm a week or two away. Not much more than that, I dont think, but not sure. Height could end up being a problem if I dont switch sooner than later, but a scrog is starting to look more and more like where I'm headed to control height. I'd like to fill the tent out wide, but again, I don't want height to work against me.

Not sure when to put a scrog on, but I'm guessing that'll happen soon as well.

Its always the game of what if's and what did I forget this time... Even in my current grow, I forgot several things so far... adding oatmeal to one of my teas.... adding barley shoots.... Every grow is unique, and as you said.. a lot of things can go wrong yet.
So true. Learning that today and tomorrow are very different when growing. Should I be looking into some of the additives that you've mentioned when switching over? Or is that the organic approach? Just stick to my nutes and go?

So true. Learning that today and tomorrow are very different when growing. Should I be looking into some of the additives that you've mentioned when switching over? Or is that the organic approach? Just stick to my nutes and go?
Those are pretty much organic things... but can be used in any soil grow at the appropriate times if your rhizosphere can support it. The barely shoots ground up into one of my teas supplies a growth hormone that appears to be very beneficial early in veg... and the oatmeal brings in a specific class of protozoa that is very beneficial... and I will still be doing that one. If you are running tap water, ph up and down and synthetic nutes... you wouldn't keep these alive long enough to do any good, and my advice is to stick to what you are doing on this run... it is working well for you.

Good morning, growers.

It seems that every day I wake up, these girls have grown much more. The light sits at 27" from the tallest kola and at that height, the thermometer reads 26.0c. Pretty good. RH is at 64% with the light on and closer to 70, I suspect, with it off.

I installed a new ventilation/carbon filter fan, as I was running a 4" 203cfm which worked fine for now, but when I go into flower and need to keep the humidity down, it just wouldn't have done the job. I now have a 6" 443cfm to match the one cooling the light.

I'm topping daily as new growth tips emerge. It really blows my mind on how many I snip each day.

Should I be topping the tallest kolas down a bit more severely than just the tips? Much like you'd do with a young plant? It seems like a good idea to control height.

Thx.

Day 57.

Attachments

• 20190121_062954.jpg
    20190121_062954.jpg
    603.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190121_062836.jpg
    20190121_062836.jpg
    884.4 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom