Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

perfect! now watch the lower growth take off! I call this, playing whack-a-mole.
Ha! Iget the reference and it makes perfect sense.

Thanks for walking me through that. It helps to have such a knowledgable grower guide me through that. Whew!

Hi everyone,

The girls are reacting quite nicely to their fimming/topping and just as Emilya said they would, the lower growth is bursting through.

Will top/fim/LST more tonight, as there are some tops that have caught up and are ready.

How will I know when it is time to switch to flower?

Pic from yesterday. Day 50.

Thx.

Attachments

• 20190114_223659.jpg
    20190114_223659.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Hi everyone,

The girls are reacting quite nicely to their fimming/topping and just as Emilya said they would, the lower growth is bursting through.

Will top/fim/LST more tonight, as there are some tops that have caught up and are ready.

How will I know when it is time to switch to flower?

Pic from yesterday. Day 50.

Thx.
As soon as you see white pistills its in flower

As soon as you see alternating nodes, they are "ready" to go to flower... but that is totally up to you with a photo plant when that is. I typically veg for 1.5 to 2 months and then switch, only after I have enough growth to support a 2-3 oz plant to the end.
When you say 'alternating nodes', what might that look like?

Sorry Nicky... but not true. As long as I leave my lights at 18/6 my plants will stay in veg, while producing tons of white pistils. Switching to 12/12 changes that, and instead of green leaf growth tips, we start seeing flower buttons at the end of each branch. That, is flower... about 7-10 days after the flip to 12/12.
Yup. Totally right I just used to autos ( well somewhat used to this is only my seconf grow. Keep forgetting most use regular seed. Anyone if i am wrong please let me know .... I NEED YOU GUYS/GALS!

I was told once that alternating nodes comes from clones and even ones from Seed. Oh well! Switching to flower is your call. If the plants are as wide as you would like for your LIGHT'S footprint, then go for it. if you want those 3 plants to fill that tent, than you have about another month. Photo-period = flexibility. Cheers!

I was told once that alternating nodes comes from clones and even ones from Seed. Oh well! Switching to flower is your call. If the plants are as wide as you would like for your LIGHT'S footprint, then go for it. if you want those 3 plants to fill that tent, than you have about another month. Photo-period = flexibility. Cheers!
Thanks for weighing in. Ya, I'd like to see how much bigger I can get them. They've got room and they've got light, so why not use both?

I think I'll hang them on in veg for a while yet.

Hello I have read your entire journal as I have a very similar grow going right now WW x BB. I see when you up potted to the 7 gallon you used promix HP I am curious if you are still running your pH at 6.3 - 6.5? I am also using pro mix HP and run my pH between 5.5 & 5.8. seems to be working well for me
Hey! Always nice to have two experiments going on at the same time. Reliable data...

I've fed them twice with the same pH I've used thus far - 6.3-5. So far no issues so why change it? I'd say, based on what I've learned, if it's not broken, then don't fix it, but as you've seen in the pH to nute absorption chart, you might be a bit low. I'm sure there are more experienced minds in who'll have a better take. I'd like to know what's best in that situation as well.

Back
Top Bottom