Volksball's First Grow: White Widow Feminized Grow Journal 2018

Hey guys,

I'm into my 11th day of the cure. As @InTheShed advised me, I roll the jars when opening to unstick any buds and get air flowing between them. I'm noticing now that the sides of my jars are starting to layer with kief. Of course that's normal when buds rub against the glass, but am I stripping my buds of their frosty goodness? Is there a better way to allow for air flow? Or is this just what happens?

Thx.

Sounds like they went in the jar to early.
Darn it. should I expect them to be much less potent then? I know there was advice to go into bags first, but I thought I may have hung then too long, so I went to jars immediately to stop them from drying too fast.

Did they moisten back up?
Yep. They came up to where I expected them to. They're all in between 61-65%.

I should be more clear, you dont see the kief on the sides of the jar, but if you run your finger along the inside, you get a coating on your finger. Layering might have been a bit of an overstatement, but it's there.

I wouldn’t worry about that, give them a little more time. I’m thinking aroma will come back soon.
Oh ok. Yeah, I'm already noticing the aroma is changing in most jars - there a strong citrusy aroma coming through. Lemony. Not totally weedy, but a mix of lemon and cannabis.

So then, a light dusting of kief on the jar walls is normal? Should I stop rolling them at this point? Just open them?

I'm burping any jar over 62% 3x still and anything under that twice.

All make sense? Nothing to worry about?

Sooooo...while I wait for the cure to happen, this happened.

4oz of trim in 4lbs of butter.

It's on a low simmer for 3 hours.

Quick question: to cover the pot? Or not cover the pot?

Thx.

Attachments

• 20190525_092401.jpg
    20190525_092401.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 66
At lower temp I don't think it matters.
Oh ok. Thanks. Wasn't sure if I was trying to evaporate the water out or not.

I decarbed the trim, added 4 cups of water, 4lbs of butter and 4oz of trim.

I will call it Batch 444.

It better be good or else I'll have 4 lbs of green butter that only tastes weird.

Any tips to make it as good as it can be?

Yes evaporate the water from it if you can
Ok. I read that once I cool the mixture, the butter will float tot the top hardening like a puck, leaving the water below it, which gets discarded.
I imagine that works as good? Or should I uncover the pot and let that happen over time?

Back
Top Bottom