Wanting to go to coco but need help

from my understanding coco needs to be kept moist at all times. feeding of 2-3 times a day.
@Buds Buddy is your guy for coco

Hey dude so coco is like hydroponics. There is no nutrient is the coco at all ( nothing to feed your plant or make it grow) so you have to add nutrients from the start as soon as it pops up I'd start very light veg nutes increase as you go you also need to be in the pH range of 5.8-6.3 I think and most people stay in the lower end. Some coco growers water small amounts multiple times daily some water using the lift pot method there is alot to learn but great for getting into hydro's. I'm sure someone else here morer knowledgable will be able to fill you in more. Im growing in soil.

they might be mixing their soil with coco because their soil is to hot. For example foxfarm is a greet soil but it has to much nutrient for a seedling stage. so mixing it with coco and perlite you minimize the nutrient in foxfarm.
depending on which coco you get their usually have no nutrient.

they might be mixing their soil with coco because their soil is to hot. For example foxfarm is a greet soil but it has to much nutrient for a seedling stage. so mixing it with coco and perlite you minimize the nutrient in foxfarm.
I may just stick with soil for now. I'm trying to find the best nutrients to be honest. And thought you could add a bunch of dry nutes to soil and be good for a month at a time.
I may just be high and off in elcheapo save money mood

It's a soil that you ammend yourself before hand takes few months to make before hand because you need to bake it off in the sun for 2 months after it's done you just add a small amount to your pot with your potting soil and perlite. The supersoil will feed your plants the whole way though all you do is water them with plain water. There is a bunch of recipes online

It's a soil that you ammend yourself before hand takes few months to make before hand because you need to bake it off in the sun for 2 months after it's done you just add a small amount to your pot with your potting soil and perlite. The supersoil will feed your plants the whole way though all you do is water them with plain water. There is a bunch of recipes online
Yes that's the stuff.
Thanks a bunch @Woblaaaah :passitleft:

Hello,
I currently grow in soil but would like to go to coco
What is a good base place to start ?
Nutrients cheaper ?
And forum threads I could check out ?
Do I still use liquid nutrients?
Thanks for all the help!
Do you have an Automatic Watering / Reservoir type set up for growing in Coco ? If not do you have enough time to hand feed these plants 2 - 3 times per day ? How many plants you planning on growing ? Hand feeding 8 plants in Coco was a Bitch ! About 3 hours per day mixing & feeding nutes. Coco is a lot of work in my book & more costly. You feed nutes every time (2-3 times per day) instead of once every 2 - 3 days in soil. Depending on the nutes you use it can get costly.
I've tried Coco, DWC & Soil so far. Haven't found an easier way then soil though. I just sold my Auto Pots & DWC Buckets because I've decided to stick with soil. I can feed & take off for 2 - 3 days & not have to worry about feeding & pH issues anymore. I like that freedom.
Just something to think about before you make that leap. Maybe try 1 plant in Coco while doing a soil grow to see what you think.

I only do this while in the Solo Cups. After that it's all FFOF.

Coco grower here. Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect 3-part kit has worked wonders for me. I've got 16 litre hempys with 50/50 coco and perlite, and I water them every day when the plants are in flower. It's more work than using soil, but in my opinion the results speak for themselves. I used different kind of special mix soils before going for coco hempys and haven't looked back since. I just grew 8 plants with 250ml bottles of nutrients, and used 50% of the recommended doses without problems so money shouldn't be an issue.

Coco grower here. Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect 3-part kit has worked wonders for me. I've got 16 litre hempys with 50/50 coco and perlite, and I water them every day when the plants are in flower. It's more work than using soil, but in my opinion the results speak for themselves. I used different kind of special mix soils before going for coco hempys and haven't looked back since. I just grew 8 plants with 250ml bottles of nutrients, and used 50% of the recommended doses without problems so money shouldn't be an issue.
I did a complete AN line up of nutes (about 10 different things) in Coco & went through well over $100 in Nutes easily. Ran out of Big Bud & Overdrive & had to buy 2nd quarts of each. But I fed 2 times per day in Veg & 3 times per day in Flower. I also did 20% run off every time. I guess it may depend on how much you feed as to how much the nutes will cost you. I'd recommend Mega Crop for Coco as I believe it would be the cheapest way to go. I do about 5 plants on a 1000 gram bag for about $20 with it.

i feed coco once a day and no real problems , its fool proof , soil can get tricky if mixing your own for autos for regulars not so bad as there is room for mistakes
Yes you can get away with feeding once per day. But every time you feed you also supply fresh oxygen to the roots causing more vigorous growth & larger plants. This is why you feed 2 - 3 times per day from my understanding. Could be why my plants got too big for my tent also. Had to tie branches back because they kept hitting the lights. One plant got too top heavy & fell over so had to harvest it early. It was & wasn't a fun grow at the same time ... lol.

Back
Top Bottom