Water Curing Bud

The Mad Toker

Over the past few days I have conducted a little experiment in cleaning up and enhancing some bud I picked up last week. I first read about this method on the net and figured I could spare a gram to see if it worked and boy did it ever.

Basically what you do is fill a jar up with the purest water you can find, drop some buds in and close it up. By doing this your actually leeching out chrlorophyll and other contaminants which makes the bud quite honestly 10x smoother to toke. Keep it in the water for a mininum of 24 hours though I heard 3 days get the best results. Let air dry for at least 24 hours on a piece of paper towel. It's best to use small pieces of bud to avoid the possibility of any mold growing.

End results are a bud that tastes quite nice, seems to increase the potency a little, smooth as hell to smoke and burns to a pure white ash.

sounds like an excellent idea...... gonna try it on the next bag of middies I get. Although I doubt it would increase potency, that effect might be from the lack of chlorophyll and other elements allowing the high to be felt cleanly without the bodies reaction to the 'bad' stuff. very cool idea......thnx:peace:

I did a water cure for 5 days on some buds awhile back ago.. Indeed it does make the smoke much smoother but I wouldnt say more potent.. Really depends on the kind of bud you use for the water cure, you get different results with different bud.. Most of the smell and taste of the bud is lost though and thats something I didnt really like because thouse are the things I enjoy the most about good bud.. :allgood:

thats a really sweet idea i am gonna have to try that.

Thinking of trying this method with my huge roach collection.

Does anyone know if this method is effective for buds that may have had some bud rot? This is a new method to us.

And washing sounds good, but could also just move spores around to healthier bud sites.

Okay so you can't wash this stuff at this level of rot. What about turning it into something that will be topical?

I hate to see bud be trashed. Those purple nugs look great aside from the white fuzz.

I know it looks good, but once i started dissecting the bud to save what I could, I noticed that the purple was turning grayish brown as the mold colonized around the white fuzz. Much deeper than is visible in my photos.

I've never had bud rot until today. I can't say whether it would be safe or not. Likely it would depend on how far you are willing to go with your processing.

I would be most worried about patients with sensitivities and allergies to mold.

Too much nitrogen can lead to bud rot. Heat and moisture also contribute to it. Usually a combination of the three.

I think I also see a seed on the underside of a leaf, like it popped out when you opened the bud.

But to that degree? That just looks like it's been left for a month and found on return
And worse, it's a real plant killer.

Too much nitrogen can lead to bud rot. Heat and moisture also contribute to it. Usually a combination of the three.

Buds were really dense and I had 3 days of very high heat and humidity combined with my extraction fan having the bearings go out. Nitrogen wouldn't be a factor in my case as I use very low nitrogen fertilizer. Just environment this time... only 3 days for this to take hold.

I think I also see a seed on the underside of a leaf, like it popped out when you opened the bud.

You speak of seeds... she is a fully pollinated specimen. Just as I planned when I rubbed the Male all over her 2x/day for 3 days... she should have near 1000 total. My real loss is the seeds.

But to that degree? That just looks like it's been left for a month and found on return
3 days, just 3. She was nearing the end of her life anyway. Nutes were reduced. I was just waiting to chop her... good thing it was noticed today,

Back
Top Bottom