Water Pump for Top-Feeding 2 plants

Groovy Bud

Greetings 420:420:

I'm planning on building my own DWC with top-feed hydro system, but I'm still on Planning Phase.

My idea is having a approximately 20 gal "bucket" which is more like a box (xyz: 24''x16''x17'' - inches) with 2 plants at each side of the rectangle lid (far away from each other)
In your opinion, is this possible?

Moving on,
My second idea is applying a top-feed system for each 2 plants in the 20 gal site, by using a submersible water pump.
How much potency do I need on the water pump to have a top-feed system working, dripping in a circular tube over the bucket's medium? The dripping tube I've seen is 2L/hour (not even a gal per hour).

There is a diagram of my idea on ------------. com but I can't post it for some reason.

Thank you for stepping by and please share your opinion on the matter.

Thank you in advance :Namaste:

------------_diagram-v2.jpg

Just find the smallest pump you can if you are worried it will be to much. There is also the option adding a jet in the tubing and let the jet shoot a stream into your reservoir which will also help to stir it. I would try the smallest pump first before adding the jet stream going into the reservoir, and if it is needed then start with one jet and add from there.

With it being a top feed system that pump should work, you just need it to trickle since it won't dry out. I would keep an air stone in there to make sure the water is oxygenated and hopefully keeps it stirred up. I'm not much of a dwc guy, more of a passive hydro guy

Back
Top Bottom