Water Quality

Harry Kovert

420 Member
Good morning to you fine people.

A question......

I'm using still mineral water on my plants - the breakdown of minerals is as follows:

Typical Valuesper litre-
Calcium11.0mg-
Magnesium3.5mg-
Potassium2.5mg-
Sodium10.0mg-
Bicarbonate25.0mg-
Sulphate11.0mg-
Nitrate15.0mg-
Chloride14.0mg-
Dry Residue @ 180C85.0mg-
Ph6.2

Is anybody able to advise me on the benefits or otherwise with continued use?

Many thanks,

Harvey

We all use mineral water for our plants at sometime during our grows. In hydroponics they are referred to as 'nutrient solutions,' while in soil they are often referred to as 'teas.' Your mineral water is missing many or the nutrients required. It may be fine for soil grows, where those nutrients can be found in the soil. For hydroponics, or soilless grows such as coco/perlite, you'll need to add the missing nutrients.

We all use mineral water for our plants at sometime during our grows. In hydroponics they are referred to as 'nutrient solutions,' while in soil they are often referred to as 'teas.' Your mineral water is missing many or the nutrients required. It may be fine for soil grows, where those nutrients can be found in the soil. For hydroponics, or soilless grows such as coco/perlite, you'll need to add the missing nutrients.

Thank you me Old Salt :)

I am growing in soil [a 60/40 mix of Biobizz All & Light Mix] + Ecothrive Charge so it's my understanding that the plants will have all they need nutrient wise for the next 4 - 5 weeks.

I plan on adding Biobizz Bloom at the flowering stage + a top up of the Charge. [And possibly some Ecothrive Biosys?]

Any obvious gaps in terms of essential nutrients and any recommendations?

[P.S - The plants are at 18 days old and looking very healthy.]

Back
Top Bottom