Water temperature

Anyone have experience looking for the ideal temperature for different hybrids. We see there is a range, but can we find perfection?

Water treatment like z7 or the like is not necessary if your water temperatures are under control. Just because a product exists, doesn't mean you have to use it, or that it'll benefit you. It all depends.

If your reservoir temperatures consistently rise about 70°F I would consider use z7, or another type of treatment to help fight root rot, and allow the plant to better absorb nutrients.

Don't use Hydrogen Peroxide, even the food grade 29% will cause slime eventually, and the o2 evaps within minutes.

So, all that being said, here is the answer:

1. Keep your reservoir temps under 65°F at all times.
2. Purchase z7 (or the like) and use in system, unless you keep your reservoir temperatures under 65°F, then see step 1.

It's that simple. Use destilled water, add nutes, keep temps under 65°F, and you will have healthy and happy roots!

Also, a lot of folks don't spend enough time planning and designing the delivery of oxygen to the roots. Get decent stones and good flow to your roots, it is crucial in development.

There are half dozen root rot types that pay little attention to the temperature and one type that really loves warm conditions.

Its wise to keep something in the tank at all times as preventative medicine , pros use something all of the time most use a sterile product like hydroguard or $30 a liter gold zone and leave the microbe and enzyme method like z7 to the amateurs and like who do not fully understand how plants feed in hydroponics

Microbes and enzymes are required for soil grows to break down matter to nutrients , this is not needed in hydroponics all though they do work they are not ideal and clearly much more expensive to maintain with z7 being one of the more expensive choices at $100 or more a liter.

I suggest to avoid it and use Dutch Master zone or gold zone ( a sponsor on the site ) its what professionals use as am I with excellent results I will add.

And all without a microbe or enzyme

I concur to never ever use peroxide on plants roots the closes it would get to my garden is for cleaning buckets etc

Z7 is cheap. It's my fav. My res temp runs about 74. Never have problems using z7. And You only have to use a little.
420-magazine-mobile1395237551.jpg

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

z7 Cheap ? it is not , its the most expensive product a unknowing person could buy and you say its cheap.

I sense more Spiel coming , oh no not another salesmen pushing z7 Yikes ..haha

I'm not afraid to debate it with you , Im only getting started , the next post I make comes with some science to enlighten folks with.

Besides

What is this a z7 ad , if it lets be clear 32 oz is only 1 liter and you only have to use a little of the proper sterile conditioner who cares about the microbe products like z7 in hydro.

Microbes are for dirt not hydroponics

Lets be clear in that and remember its the advertisers who use the penny's a day spiel to sell over priced products like z7 to people. Less then the price of a cup of coffee a day When really over the years it adds up unexpectedly high and unnecessarily high.

Lets be real clear.

You only need .5mil of Z7 per gal to not only protect your plants roots. But to also keep the entire system clean.

Lets also be clear that LEDBud has never tried it and knows nothing about it. But for the fact he can't afford it.

2.5 cent per gallon of treated water is a small price to pay to me.

If z7 was some kind of scam.

You would think that there would be people who used it and didn't like it.

Where are all of them?

Everyone I know that uses it loves it.

Maybe next LEDBud can review a restaurant his never eaten at for us.

If your growing in DWC with rez temps over 70f.

I have found nothing better then z7 and I have tried the ones LEDBUd talked about and many more.

Hands down z7 worked better then all the other things I tried and that is why I use it to this day in all my water.

*raises hand cautiously*

Why not keep your water temperature around 60-65°F and call it a day?

I can use really shit hard water in my system too, and then buy things to "fix" the issue ... But then again, I sit there thinking why the f**k wouldn't I just use better water to begin with?

In other words, why not resolve the issue instead of putting a bandaid over it? There will be a million and one companies to have the miracle solution for all these little problems... It's called sales.

You don't have to use the product know something that... you just have to have a little experience in the world.

DemeterCeres' CFL DWC Grow

(Why not keep your water temperature around 60-65°F and call it a day? ) Because it is a perpetual grow in DWC buckets and where I live it gets up over 110f at times and the room they have to grow in never gets lower then 70f.

I have been growing like that for about 3 years using z7 tap water and nutes without any root issues or need to clean my buckets,stones, hydroton or cloner. All because of the z7 I put in my water. Everything looks like new at all times.

The year before I found z7 I used all kinds of stuff and some did help.

But I would still have some issues and had to keep cleaning everthing over and over. Some days my water temps would get up to 80f.

Z7 is the only thing I found that would work 100% of the time. So far anyways...

I have also trained four of my friends who I give clones to and they all use z7 and none of them have ever had a root issue.

That is why I use z7.

good observation Demeter !

I concur a well looked after garden is generally a problem free one.

The Commercial growers have too much on the line to not be running a sterile grow although I am sure there are plenty of hobbyist like you who do fine without one.

I will add some info tomorrow its getting too late for link hunting etc

Chow for now my dwc friends !

(Why not keep your water temperature around 60-65°F and call it a day? ) Because it is a perpetual grow in DWC buckets and where I live it gets up over 110f at times and the room they have to grow in never gets lower then 70f.

I have been growing like that for about 3 years using z7 tap water and nutes without any root issues or need to clean my buckets,stones, hydroton or cloner. All because of the z7 I put in my water. Everything looks like new at all times.

The year before I found z7 I used all kinds of stuff and some did help.

But I would still have some issues and had to keep cleaning everthing over and over. Some days my water temps would get up to 80f.

Z7 is the only thing I found that would work 100% of the time. So far anyways...

I have also trained four of my friends who I give clones to and they all use z7 and none of them have ever had a root issue.

That is why I use z7.

Well said Duke. Z7 can't be beat.
Obviously some haven't used it.
Guess we should buy an expensive water chiller.?
Even if I owned a chiller I would still use z7.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

I grow in the tropics and root rot is a major concern for me, so I run chillers.

I keep my nutrient at 68F. I have 2 x 0.5hp aquarium chillers running in parallel. One of these chillers can do it easily, but I run a second one in case one fails.

Well said Duke. Z7 can't be beat.
Obviously some haven't used it.
Guess we should buy an expensive water chiller.?
Even if I owned a chiller I would still use z7.

[Disclaimer]

Yes, you should buy a water chiller, or make it so that your environment is cooler. I use a camping cooler, ice and a fan. It cost me $22 to make. How much does one bottle of z7 cost you?

It's not ALL about what your water and roots look like. Water kept at 60-65°F has significantly more oxygen in it than the exact same quality of water at 80°F. Regardless of what magic potion you spend your money on to kill bad bacteria. If you want to see my scientific evidence to support this, let me know.

If you can't keep water temperature under control... I would say don't go Hydro.

DemeterCeres' CFL DWC Grow

I run 12 DWC buckets in four tents all in different stages and strains. Just a little z7makes it where I don't need a chiller.

Let me ask you this.

What takes more knowledge. Growing 70f and under or 70f and over.

Someone who has learned to grow above 70f will have no troubles growing under it.

But someone who has never grown above it is most likely going to have issues.

Back
Top Bottom