How Do You Like The New Header & Menu Link Structure

• Love It

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No Difference

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Hate It

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
I’m really enjoying the app @420 haven't found any issues thus far only constructive criticism I have is could you either move the back button or might it a tad bigger? My sausage fingers struggle to click it lmao
Can you please be more specific with a screenshot? What back button, where exactly? Desktop, mobile, iPhone or android?

He mentioned the “App” the PWA - reskinned browser? I’m guessing its the below

It is kinda dinky - this is using that method. Personally I only use it for one forum so not bothered.

iPhone from Safari

Nick

IMG_4069.jpeg

Here's a thought: Send the "back button" into the nearest black hole. Every device(*) has at least one, and often more than one, easy way to return to the previous web page (et cetera). And they're "activity agnostic" - work the same way, regardless.

The "add-on" thing would be necessary if there were no inbuilt methods. It would still be great if the default was unwieldy (e.g., open a menu, then a submenu, then touch "Go Back").

But neither of those things appear to be true for modern(**) devices and web browsers.

And developer add-ons can get in the way, and detract from the whole. I mean... I like nipples as much as the next guy. Making them four inches in diameter, and placing an extra one on a woman's forehead would not improve the design.

And old people? You think the "we'll do it just a little bit differently than everyone else" attitude is a good thing? Try actually spending time with an old fart, FFS! Sure, some folks can still learn new things and different ways to do something when they're in their 80s. The only problem is, some works out to be approximately one in eleven - 9%. Which is why it's not exactly rare to walk into an elderly person's kitchen and find a square of white freezer tape on their microwave's Start button (they bought a new one, button layout changed slightly, one of their adult children noticed three months later that the parent had begun to use it as a $250 breadbox because "they couldn't figure it out") or some other kind of crutch. For that reason alone, sometimes the generic method is best.

When? Well, live long enough, lol, and you'll know.

(*)That I have personally used. Apple, being Patient Zero of the Not Invented Here Syndrome, may or may not follow the common sense intuitive norm.
(**)Post 1992 :rolleyes: .

My developer said

Marc said:
Well it being larger means it'll block other elements of the page so I think it's fine as is.
:sorry:

The "Top / Bottom of page" green arrow block things already do, occasionally. That annoying prompt to allow push notifications, or whatever the **** it is, popped up again the other day, and the (misnamed, as it turns out) "Never pester me again with this crap!!!" option was covered by them. Scrolling did NOT help, as neither object was "stuck" to the page.

The "Top / Bottom of page" green arrow block things already do, occasionally. That annoying prompt to allow push notifications, or whatever the **** it is, popped up again the other day, and the (misnamed, as it turns out) "Never pester me again with this crap!!!" option was covered by them. Scrolling did NOT help, as neither object was "stuck" to the page.

This will popup each time you clear cache.

Back
Top Bottom