How Do You Like The New Header & Menu Link Structure

• Love It

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • No Difference

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Hate It

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
If we sticky a bunch of threads in New Posts then everyone would have to sift through all of those threads before getting to "new posts". I'm still not understanding your dilemma or request, how about you @Marc Ocean
The ’stickys’ (geriatric) would be together at the top labeled sticky’s. not sure what sifting would have to be done, simply scroll past the ‘sticky’s’. Maybe explore some other sites if you think this would be something worth looking at. Let me take a screen shot of an example and post for you. I don’t have a dilemma just a suggestion to make it easier to get to the new stuff on your new posts page. Check out the example below. Sticky’s from 2015,2009,,2007 etc. up top, normal (new) threads underneath.
IMG_0453.jpeg

That is another upgrade to the site called badges for contest wins, which we will get into soon.

In my opinion you guys are nailing the upgrades. They’re barely noticeable (obviously lol), and the ones I see are sleek and understated. Good aesthetic choice.

The only problem I’m having is muscle memory keeps me hitting what’s new instead of forums which will only take a couple days to readjust to and is my own problem lol.

I think the badges help alleviate the jarring visual of some of the more prominent contest winning members.

The ’stickys’ (geriatric) would be together at the top labeled sticky’s. not sure what sifting would have to be done, simply scroll past the ‘sticky’s’. Maybe explore some other sites if you think this would be something worth looking at. Let me take a screen shot of an example and post for you. I don’t have a dilemma just a suggestion to make it easier to get to the new stuff on your new posts page. Check out the example below. Sticky’s from 2015,2009,,2007 etc. up top, normal (new) threads underneath.
IMG_0453.jpeg
But these aren't "new threads" from your screenshot. It's in the same order as "new posts".

But this is not a "new post" list. This is a view from a forum page where there are sticky threads associated with the forum page. For example, on 420Mag the sticky threads are "420 Magazine's Mission Statement", "Last Week's Most Popular Topics" etc for the 420 News & Updates forum.

But these aren't "new threads" from your screenshot. It's in the same order as "new posts".

But this is not a "new post" list. This is a view from a forum page where there are sticky threads associated with the forum page. For example, on 420Mag the sticky threads are "420 Magazine's Mission Statement", "Last Week's Most Popular Topics" etc for the 420 News & Updates forum.
Okie dokie

Is there an app for iPhone I see the install app button but click and nothing happens?

No app.. it adds a safari link to your Home Screen like this, third row, right side

IMG_5332.png

Gotcha well I click it and nothing happens.

Seems to be dead right now.. Before it would link you to instructions on how to add it in safari to your Home Screen with a little gif/video

@Marc Ocean

Seems to be dead right now.. Before it would link you to instructions on how to add it in safari to your Home Screen with a little gif/video

@Marc Ocean
The gif/video was removed because it had conflicting issues, we are working on that now.

Meanwhile, is this what you're looking for?

I'm not really sure exactly what changes you've made. But I tend to dislike when someone makes a lot of arbitrary changes just because they can - and that part of my mind that gets fired up and proceeds to B&M about it hasn't awakened, so... Good job! Things that improve clarity without making me feel old and decrepit(?) are always appreciated.

One thing (for now), though: I was glancing at the pop-up textual descriptions for some of the forum sections, and it occurred to me to suggest that you add a mention of propane to the BHO one. The safety precautions and procedures are (more or less) identical. Propane just has a boiling point that's -43.6°F instead of 30.2°F. Which can be helpful if one prefers doing extractions of this type outside, but it happens to be Winter (okay, probably less of a factor there in Southern California ;) ). It also means gas boil-off can largely occur without a heat source (safer), for those who do not recycle their solvents. And propane seems better at preserving terpene content than butane, for some reason. So it's "like butane, but better for some people/situations/applications," I suppose. And most likely not something that would (or should) need to have its own part of the forum.

I do miss the My Photos direct link in the 420 Photos section. Took me a bit of clicking to find it at the bottom of the Member Galleries which you can get to from the top of the page of a posted pic.

I miss when everyone had to upload images to their gallery, and then insert (the links to) them from there. Which they still can, but more and more people don't - and then I can't see the images in the reply editor box, because they're attachments and it just shows a number. And that becomes a difficulty when the post I'm replying to is image-heavy, and I am trying to get rid of all but one or two because I'm replying to a specific part of the post... but have no idea as to which image is which attachment # :rolleyes: . I can work with it, it's just annoying and can become unwieldy. Plus, I cannot easily add someone's posted image to another thread (for example, if someone posts a useful chart and I wish to refer to and show it when trying to help another forum member).

How do I link to the introduce yourself section?
It was easy before.
Maby I missed it, but I had to use the search feature to find it.:Namaste::Namaste::Namaste:
I haven't voted yet but I was comfortable with the old one.
Still struggling to learn the new setup. :Namaste:

:passitleft:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Just needs a single click on the 420 CONTESTS tab, no need for double clicking.

I'll figure out where to add Introduce Yourself back in Bill, maybe under FORUMS :thanks:

Just needs a single click on the 420 CONTESTS tab, no need for double clicking.

I'll figure out where to add Introduce Yourself back in Bill, maybe under FORUMS :thanks:
It's handy when I see someone make a post that hasn't met everyone.
Bingo introduce yourself and meet everyone.
Still testing the rest. :thumb:

Bill284 😎

It's handy when I see someone make a post that hasn't met everyone.
Bingo introduce yourself and meet everyone.
Still testing the rest. :thumb:

Bill284 😎
Thank you for all you do to make our members feel at home, I REALLY appreciate you brother! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom