Weed seedling stage

Joshyboyy

Just started growing my first plant. I’ve got to the seedling stage, I don’t want to know if I should put any more soil around it or just let it grow I’m not using any special premix just normal soil and I’ve got my lights coming tomorrow. Should I put soil around it or should I just leave it to grow how it is and any tips you have for a new grower that isn’t using any special equipment.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just leave it for now. If it stretches any more, then maybe throw some more around the stem. But for now just have a small desktop fan or oscillating fan in the vicinity to strengthen up that stem.
Thanks. Just posted the same thing on another three new to this but it’s just come out of germination as well there’s no light source apart from the sun that’s until my leds come

Don’t worrry about the “yellowing” she’s young let her work out the kinks. To me honestly, she looks fine. Healthy.

your probably going to battle stretching when using the sun from a window. It can be done, but the seedling stage is such a delicate stage. Hope your light comes soon.

depending on the light, generally speaking.. most of them are good at 24” above canopy unless otherwise stated.

you will also want to mix your soil, 50/50 with perlite. You want as good drainage as you possibly can. 50\50 is the mix! :high-five: :thumb:

I would just lightly mist the soil as needed to keep it moist until it grows more. I think @Fastass419 does bring up a good point on type of soil. Just be cautious not to overwater when it's a baby.

As mentioned more light. That is why the stem is longer. When you repot the plant you can just bury it a bit deeper.

No major concerns just be careful not to over water.

No man your are all good I love this plant in every stage of life I just popped some seeds a couple of weeks ago I love watching them grow. I wouldn't worry right now about them baby leaves. So what kind of soil is that I dont see much perlite or vermiculite that kind of worries me and how are you watering it?
This is gonner shock you it’s jusy normal compost I got some canna terra on the way with a mix of perlight and Pete should be fine tho

I would just lightly mist the soil as needed to keep it moist until it grows more. I think @Fastass419 does bring up a good point on type of soil. Just be cautious not to overwater when it's a baby.

As mentioned more light. That is why the stem is longer. When you repot the plant you can just bury it a bit deeper.

No major concerns just be careful not to over water.
Thank you hopefully should all be okay

Back
Top Bottom