Week 8 of flower and this has happened

First and foremost everyone is entitled to their opinions. My opinion is that we would all be better off following the science rather than anecdotal evidence. It seems that this is not popular, but it should be.

is kinda like 'alternate facts' or an 'alternate reality' or 'alternate history'.

I am still waiting for someone to find the documentation that water spots on leaves while the sun is shining or the lights are on can cause spots.
Actually, leaving water on leaves is bad when the sun hits them. The water acts like a magnifying glass with the sun’s rays (or with the lights) and it burns the leaves; I’ve had it happen with outdoor plants because I didn't heed Mom’s advise: “Water the PLANT, not the leaves because the sun will burn it.”

No paper to prove it; just from experience.

Actually, leaving water on leaves is bad when the sun hits them. The water acts like a magnifying glass with the sun’s rays (or with the lights) and it burns the leaves; I’ve had it happen with outdoor plants because I didn't heed Mom’s advise: “Water the PLANT, not the leaves because the sun will burn it.”

No paper to prove it; just from experience.
I spray or water my outdoor plants during the day, often in the early to mid afternoon. I do not get spots. There are rains that come in the mid-day and the storm moves off and is replaced by blue sky and bright sun before the water drops evaporate and I do not see unusual spotting or burn marks. Think of all the gardeners who water and farmers who turn on irrigation systems during the day. If it was a big a deal as it is supposed to be then all those vegetables and flowers would be burned to a crisp by mid summer.

I have been spraying and letting water get on plants for years. This includes my outdoor marijuana plants. Indoors is the same thing with the marijuana plants getting sprayed for insects or mold when the lights would stay on for several hours of more while the leaf surfaces dry.

I have been meaning to do a set of photos as a photo story to show what I see and why drops of water burning leaves is just anecdotal evidence passed on from one person to another. The picture below is of a plant I sprayed yesterday afternoon as a preventative measure for mites and other insects. The spray dried for 4 hours before the lights went off and this morning still no spots or burns.

full

Over the past 4 years I have come across just one documented case of water drops causing burn marks. This example was the result of a team of researchers spraying water on many different types of plants and just one plant showed signs of damage.

and has bud washing been debunked too? Please say it ain't so, cuz I wanted to impress my friends with my mad science stuff!
The Bud Washing idea and the thread is going strong. Lately it has been expanded to include a prewash using a solution of Hydrogen Peroxide and water to kill off molds and mildews and their spores. Bud Washing is easy and does not add much time. I wish there was a way to trim the buds that was as easy as Bud Washing.;)

I was gone for a year, ....
If you have been gone for awhile you might be missing out on the new thing. Something called the Low and Slow Dry & Cure by putting the harvest in paper bags and putting those in the fridge. This is something else that is easier to do than the trimming.;)

Thought I would up date on how they turned out, just cut them down and taken a few pics, not the most perfect grow but I have learnt a lot and hopefully I’ll be able to take this new knowledge to the next grow, altho I am switching over to a new Telos 10 Mesh led light so I am sure I’ll have new things to learn with that. These plants absolutely stink and it’s amazing
1FC4C6F4-1674-4A0E-A5B9-64E1A274F7C6.jpeg

66012E53-2112-4B69-9F57-08A6AC0C7C56.jpeg

F3031E8C-654B-4903-9F0D-1C2F705DDA98.jpeg
87151430-3FA9-4575-9189-B7E11EA89DA0.jpeg
64539212-7CF5-49F3-8694-B7D64E895157.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom