Weird germination results

StonedDownUnder

420 Member
Hey folks. Hoping I can get some advice on these 2 (almost) seedlings.

Both are autoflower and were germinated in water. Transferred them to medium once root had popped after about 5 days and put them in the tent under 24w cfl. 1 is white widow and one amnesia though I don't think thats important at this stage.

5 days after transfer into tent, The amnesia seems to have stretched out but no leaves yet. The white widow just looks utterly deformed and like something bit the tip off, or maybe those are upside down roots?! I have nfi what's going on with the ww and not convinced it will sort itself out, but hoping to be proven wrong. I normally grow from clones so not overly familiar with seed behaviour. Any help or tips appreciated.

Cheers!

IMG_20230422_191521.jpg

IMG_20230422_191530.jpg

Hey folks. Hoping I can get some advice on these 2 (almost) seedlings.

Both are autoflower and were germinated in water. Transferred them to medium once root had popped after about 5 days and put them in the tent under 24w cfl. 1 is white widow and one amnesia though I don't think thats important at this stage.

5 days after transfer into tent, The amnesia seems to have stretched out but no leaves yet. The white widow just looks utterly deformed and like something bit the tip off, or maybe those are upside down roots?! I have nfi what's going on with the ww and not convinced it will sort itself out, but hoping to be proven wrong. I normally grow from clones so not overly familiar with seed behaviour. Any help or tips appreciated.

Cheers!

IMG_20230422_191521.jpg

IMG_20230422_191530.jpg
Good morning my friend, sorry to see your having issues.
I read autos are like spoiled rich kids, they do what ever they want.
The first one just needs buried deeper.
Second is a mystery.
Could be 2 sprouts from one seed.
Could be a root shooting up.
Give it a couple days and let us see again.
Happy growing my friend. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Pics arent magnificent, better lighting and a proper macro shot would help, from what I can sort of see heres my guesses.

Just check the Amnesia shed its membrane, looks like it should have opened. Might still have its sack on its colytodons. A pic in well lit natural light would help figure out if she is just delayed, or stuck.

As Bill said, just bury her deeper on the transplant to hide the leggy stem underground.

As for the Poor old WW, judging by the smidge of green right at her base looks like shes root up, seed leaves in dirt.

Which is weird, as you would think after 5 days be pretty obvious which way is down, but funny things can happen. Likely a bit shallow on the burial when she first went in.

Now what to do is tricky. You could try giving her a bit more dirt on top, if shes strong she will make it.

Or you can extract her very gently and get those seed leeves up top. Long skinny blunt object very carefully used, like surgeon precision you could get her up, out and transfer her into new home right way up.

At this stage kinda have to prepare for a loss, but theres hope.

Next new seed drop try about roughly the depth of your pinky nail. Maybe a fraction shallower if you have proper man hands haha. As long as its split she will tail the right way under dirt.

5 days after transfer into tent, The amnesia seems to have stretched out but no leaves yet.
The root had popped after about 5 days and then another 5 days in the tent? That is 10 days and usually by then the first true leaves should be showing and have opened up.

I am wondering what the temperatures are in your tent during the night or lights off period and the day or lights on period. If it is too cool then the plant will grow slowly.

What are the lights you are using and how many hours are they on. Usually when I get any seed that sprouts and then gets tall like that one it is because there was not enough light.

Hope that you can get back to us with a few of the details and the group can give more suggestions and help get the seeds back on track.

Back
Top Bottom