Well I did it & I'm Legal...

Snuggs

Just like a lot of you I was terribly afraid of applying for mmj. Like the old saying if it isn't broke don't fix it. However after a lot of research and a lot of stress I decided to take a chance. Well needless to say I think I was being over paranoid & I got my recommendation... :grinjoint:

Holy crap... I'm legal... (Wow does it feel good to say that) My family nor myself are at jeopardy no more & I no longer have to hide about in fear that this will be taken away from me. I cant tell ya how much stress is off my back being legal alone.

It's times like this that make you appreciate your government a little (very little) more to know that there are some systems in place to help out the little guy. Say goodbye big pharma no more extensive, expensive & liver damaging pills for me. Here's to a much better quality life ahead.

Now the fun stuff:
I am so looking forward to getting away from this brick weed & growing my own high quality meds. Who knows maybe I can win some nug or plant contest's here. Look out everyone I'm coming... :smokin: I know this has been asked before but I like hearing info directly related to me.

I'm looking for some recommendations for growing. Such as strains, inexpensive but efficient & productive growing supply's. Typical areas in the house that are great grow areas, basically anything you can give me that will give me a good chance of success for my first attempt. I have read a decent amount of info & I am sure if I run into problems along the way, the fine members of the 420 community will gladly assist. Would be great if I could get it down good as I would really love to help out my granpa (registered) as well. I would also like to get some info on where I can acquire meds while waiting for my own & is it legal for me to buy or get seeds and meds from another patient. Brick weed just doesn't cut it sometimes & could use a great pain reliever. In MI by the way.

I still think I am in shock, its finally over... :smokin:

:helpsmilie:What State are you In? I'm in Mi. and am curious about becoing legal but need to know a proper ailment or if my chronic back pain is sufficient

:helpsmilie:What State are you In? I'm in Mi. and am curious about becoing legal but need to know a proper ailment or if my chronic back pain is sufficient

In MI as well. Honestly I don't know why I was so paranoid to apply as I have all the proper medical records going geez, at least a decade back. The best thing I can tell you, if your ailment is legit and you have proper papers I wouldn't be worried. Is your back pain a cause of something & do you have med papers showing your condition. Also It was easier for me because of the extensive list of pharmaceuticals that were tried on me with no success or the crazy side affects.

Lot of different ways for you to go here. First let's talk about what area of your home would be used for your grow. You want an area where things like heat can be controlled and ventilation provided. You need to think about whether you are comfortable with soil or hydro. You also have to figure out what kind of budget you can allocate to growing your own legal weed. As far as strains to grow for pain relief, you will be looking for a strong indica. Here's a link to a sponsor of this site that many have had success with including me. Read the strain description and see what "brand" of med looks to be right for you.

Cannabis Seeds Attitude Marijuana Seeds

There are also many other sponsors of this site that provide seeds so click on the spnsors link at the top of the page.

You are about to embark on a glorius journey of growing your own. The plants you will grow are not addictive but growing it is!

You are about to embark on a glorius journey of growing your own. The plants you will grow are not addictive but growing it is!

Honestly I think I am looking forward to this part the most. I am an avid gardener but never on this level. Gardening is very peaceful to me so I am sure this will be a great anti-stress hobby.

To start out I will probably go with soil until I get some experience & enough confidence to move on. I receive disability and it isn't much so the less I gotta spend the better. On the other hand I don't want to go to cheap & just produce average results.

Pres, First thing to do is go right to Rosemans tutorials right here just look under the forums and you should find him, or just type his name into the search spot. He will direct to from there. I would recommend trying to go hydro it's much easier than you would imagine . You'l be growing your own meds very soon. Good luck and don't forget any questions at all just post and you will be answered quickly !! :peace: and welcome

Thanks ol hippy! I didnt even see those before, I've slowly started reading through the posts & learning some info. Guess I just need to decide what route to go. Would anyone happen to know the cost difference between a hydro setup & soil. I am assuming hydro may cost a little more to run monthly. I am thinking I may go to my local grow shop & inquire there expertise. Should I just tell them I want to grow tomatoes indoors..lol (If you heard there commercial it would be funny)

Start up cost difference is in the PH and TDS testing equipment, air and possibly water pumps. Extra work is in weekly water changes. Speaking of which, ask your guys at the shop if they know the quality of your tap water. Maybe take a sample for them to test.

Yeah I figured I would have to get all the test equipment & other accessories. Don't mind the extra work at all. The more things I have to do the better off I am. As far as water goes I know the tap water is crap. I've received a couple letters already about a violation in there standards. Something about high disinfectant (chlorine) levels. So needless to say if going hydro I would just use the same water we get from the local water store.

Should I be honest with the grow shop so I get the best info or just keep it on the down low?

Pres., If you really want to start on the cheap go to Home Depot etc. buy some potting soil and Pots 1 to 2 gl square (or the dollar store on the pots) Some clip light fixtures and 100 to 150w Spiral CFL's (compact flourescent lights) one for each plant. Depending on whether or not you're going to build a grow box or use a closet or a make shift cordoned off area (cardboard lined on the inside with aluminum foil). Germinate some seeds stickem in the soil and GO. Station the lights as close to the plants as possible with some sort of mechanism that allows you to raise them as the plants grow.

;) That will make most of the readers here wince and it makes me wince to but if bucks are a concern it is on the cheap. Sometimes its a way to get started and learn while you inventory a more sophisticated agricultural experiment.:ganjamon:

Grow shops may be a place where don't ask don't tell works.
Nobody's hiding anything, but dumb talk doesn't help.

Agreed! I already know my name nor my address will be left behind or tied to that purchase. Still sad to think we've come this far & now legal medical users still have to suffer.

As far as I'm concerned my friends won't even know. I don't need anyone coming to me for anything. MMJ has restored balance in my life & I never intend on doing anything to loose it. In fact that was my stipulations with the lord upon my approval. I'm sure some of you know what I mean...

BOOTumALL, definitely don't want to go the cheapest route, but good ideas if I want a jump start as I construct a room.

Back
Top Bottom