What am I doing wrong?

Pross

Well I'm looking for some smoke advice. I grew out 4 strains Bubba Kush, NYCD, Pineapple Express and Jillybean. I got 5 mason jars each except for the NYCD which netted 2 jars. However I smoked the BK first. I smoked it through a bong using a carbon filter. The smoke was harsh on my throat and left me with a nasty taste in my mouth. Shit had me sitting in my computer chair trying to remember how to breath! I swear I wasn't even on this plane of existence! When I smoked the NYCD it was the same harshness on the throat using the same bong. Stone was the same but with a slight visual impairment and paranoia. Now that shit had me eating so fast my hand was to my mouth before I knew it. My issue is this, how can I stop this harshness on the throat? Is it just these strains or carbon in the bong causing it. Should I roll it in papers? Would this stop the harshness to my throat? I don't like that kinda couch locked stone anyway. I'm a first time smoker if you can't tell trying to deal with my post traumatic stress disorder. By the way the ash was a dark black with a little gray if that helps. Any advice would be appreciated.

the only thing i can think of to deal with the harshness is to cure the bud longer ..... the more you cure the smoother the smoke.

black ash is a sign that the plant was not flushed properly and there is still chemicals in the buds (read that in my weed growing book)

the only thing i can think of to deal with the harshness is to cure the bud longer ..... the more you cure the smoother the smoke.

black ash is a sign that the plant was not flushed properly and there is still chemicals in the buds (read that in my weed growing book)

So what do I do with it now? By the way my bong doesn't have perculators. And it's been curing for 2 months. Jar method

if the bud has been curing for 2 months then there should not be any harshness on the throat :S really confusing lol

it may just be the bong itself or the filter.

i would try a vaporizer like camaro said ..... its worth a shot .... what have u got to lose?

Harshness...hmm? maybe the nutes you used to grow this smoke?

I'm with Be IRIE on this one, what's with the carbon filter? You're not using crushed up charcoal to make some kind of poor man's filter or something crazy like that are you? I'm sure your not but I just had to ask...lol

Is the harshness you're referring to maybe lung expansion? or is it an actual burning feeling in your throat?

Lung expansion is to be expected with allot of high end strains and no one it immune to that but an actual burning of the throat could be caused by using the wrong nutes or either in your curing process like RedeyedRasta mentioned...sometimes way too dried out weed will be harsh as well.

Other than that, all I can say is, hmmm...interesting...lol

Perhaps it wasn't flushed near the end and still retains some nutrient flavor, could be the cause and did you burp the jars during the cure... also, if you aren't a big fan of the couch lock feeling, then it is definitely time to start researching vaporizers... they produce more of a clear high and leave a lot of the couch lock effect behind in the Already Vaped Bud, but that can be used in edibles for those who like to be knocked out.

Perhaps it wasn't flushed near the end and still retains some nutrient flavor, could be the cause and did you burp the jars during the cure... also, if you aren't a big fan of the couch lock feeling, then it is definitely time to start researching vaporizers... they produce more of a clear high and leave a lot of the couch lock effect behind in the Already Vaped Bud, but that can be used in edibles for those who like to be knocked out.

Hmm...didn't know that about vaping and couch lock.

Thanks for that info, you just gave me a reason to break out my vapir 1, dust it off and run some of this grand daddy purp through it...it's always 420 somewhere right? lol

I might have to get up with you on a small compact pocket size vaporizer soon VN, if that's cool with you? just pm me and we'll talk about it if you want...K?

You might want to try water curing. This does a fine job of getting rid of the harshness. Takes some of the flawor as well. Doesn't effect the quality. Happy Smoking.

Not a problem. Take your budage and place them in a bucket of plain water. Every day change the water. After 7 changes of the water, on the 8th day, empty out the water. place the buds on a screen for drainage and let them air dry with light air movement. This must be done BEFORE drying so it won't help with your current harvest. I do this with my trim leaves as well if I am going to use tem for edibles. Takes out the dankyness.

when your bud is flushed properly, it will burn to a white ash. Only thing you can do is cure it for longer and it will make the harshness go away a decent amount.

Well it was definitely the bong. I was using a straight bong. I switched to a 7 arm perculated bong and the harshness disappeared. No burning throat but the cough was still there. Scared of the Bubba Kush cause it makes me glued to whatever I'm sitting in and just not feeling shit for 3-4 hours! Just gonna stick with the tasty pineapple express and jillybean. Didn't know a perculated bong would cool the smoke off that much but it was a completely more enjoyable smoke. Still will try it in a J. Probably smoke it omw home from the train.

Back
Top Bottom