How to rehydrate buds

Hebrewdiver

I had my cut buds hanging and drying in a tent and the humidity was at 70 and above. So I put a small heater in the tent. When ever the heater was off the humidity went up. One night after noticing the humidity at 71 I turned the heater on overnight and most of the next day. The morning after I decided to jar the buds I found the buds as dry as my throat after smoking a good joint. I put the buds in jars anyway and packed it with humi-paks. Before I put the packets in the humidity was at about 30. Will the humi-paks rehydrated the buds so that they can cure or am I just pissing in the wind with hope. Please don’t tell me that 6 months of grow is down the drain.

I had my cut buds hanging and drying in a tent and the humidity was at 70 and above. So I put a small heater in the tent. When ever the heater was off the humidity went up. One night after noticing the humidity at 71 I turned the heater on overnight and most of the next day. The morning after I decided to jar the buds I found the buds as dry as my throat after smoking a good joint. I put the buds in jars anyway and packed it with humi-paks. Before I put the packets in the humidity was at about 30. Will the humi-paks rehydrated the buds so that they can cure or am I just pissing in the wind with hope. Please don’t tell me that 6 months of grow is down the drain.

I think it was @Emilya Green who told me that humidity packs only help to maintain your humidity where it is. For increasing humidity in my jars, I either add a fresh cannabis leaf as per @LKABudMan 's method or I wrap damp paper towel in tin foil, poke holes in the tin foil and add to the jar.

I think it was @Emilya Green who told me that humidity packs only help to maintain your humidity where it is. For increasing humidity in my jars, I either add a fresh cannabis leaf as per @LKABudMan 's method or I wrap damp paper towel in tin foil, poke holes in the tin foil and add to the jar.
Actually, I like to put a fresh piece of stem/leaf in the bag to bring up moisture.

Actually, I like to put a fresh piece of stem/leaf in the bag to bring up moisture.

I thought that's what I said?

if they dropped below 58% they won't cure at all. check to see if the rh has crawled above 62%.

I think it was @Emilya Green who told me that humidity packs only help to maintain your humidity where it is.
The magic of the humidity pack is that as long as the humidity of the plant material is close to rating of the pack then it maintains. In the case of buds in the jars if they were to get down to 54% and there was a 56% pack in the jar then the pack kicks in and releases a bit of moisture and brings the bud back up to 56%. The humidity packs can pull in moisture for the times the buds are a bit too moist. But, the window that it works like that is very narrow.

Boveda, and I believe Boost, have humidity packs that are as high as 72 or 74%. Those can be found in tobacco and cigar shops. The story of how and why Boveda started to produce their product in the 56 to 62% range instead of sticking to the higher numbers meant for cigars was on their website.

Back
Top Bottom