What am I doing wrong

63vwrider

420 Member
Hello everyone I hope everyone is good and in great health...am here seeking for help and advice.... my babies here are 14 12 11 days old I did the wet napkin method keep them in the dark till they poped. Put them in the planters and give them 12 hrs of sunlight and 12 hrs of darkness and yes am growing outdoor. All give them is tap water. I wanna know what am doing wrong. Yes this my 1st time and I just grab some fertilizer from some planters I have in from of my house. Are they growing at a normal rate.? What do y’all think

Attachments

• 7DFCF5A4-BD86-456D-9B2F-6766266800DB.jpeg
    7DFCF5A4-BD86-456D-9B2F-6766266800DB.jpeg
    435 KB · Views: 109
  • B2F14484-0919-4808-82A2-D88D163A7C2B.jpeg
    B2F14484-0919-4808-82A2-D88D163A7C2B.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 124
  • B2CF0055-4319-4BC7-A855-98650E086D32.jpeg
    B2CF0055-4319-4BC7-A855-98650E086D32.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 120
I agree. Maybe the stunted growth is because as soon a the main tap root hits bottom, you start losing vertical growth.
Planting in that shallow of a cup wasn’t an ideal move, but will work fine I’m sure. Can you see roots at the bottom?

Also, you shouldn’t be doing 12/12 yet.
24/0 or 20/4 is where you should be at this point.

Is that a compost based soil?

I agree. Maybe the stunted growth is because as soon a the main tap root hits bottom, you start losing vertical growth.
Planting in that shallow of a cup wasn’t an ideal move, but will work fine I’m sure. Can you see roots at the bottom?
To be honest I haven’t checked and the only reason there in a small cup is because I had nothing else around me my kids used up all my red cups I had and I only had one planter left am going to make the switch tonight in the smaller pot I have there

Also, you shouldn’t be doing 12/12 yet.
24/0 or 20/4 is where you should be at this point.

Is that a compost based soil?
When you mean 24/0 that mean all darkness no light yet and 20/4 mean all dark and lil light. I believe compost base soil is correct I just used the soil that I had in from of my house to honest. And going to switch soil this weekend if I can do that and move them to a bigger pot.???? I never knew it take this much work to get some decent marijuana. I would love your feed back

When you mean 24/0 that mean all darkness no light yet and 20/4 mean all dark and lil light. I believe compost base soil is correct I just used the soil that I had in from of my house to honest. And going to switch soil this weekend if I can do that and move them to a bigger pot.???? I never knew it take this much work to get some decent marijuana. I would love your feed back
20 on - 4 off

Roots don’t like light, so you might run some duct tape around the sides. They will probably be fine for now, but when you start seeing roots, you might consider up potting.

If you can get standard black gallon planters, that would be your best bet. I think you’re too far in for solos.

I did mine in short cups too and had the same experience. Mine were a bit bigger before I transplanted though. Here’s what mine looked like.

What would you recommend
Fox Farm Happy Frog since they’re younger. Move to Ocean Forest or Roots Organics when you go into 5 gallons.

Sorry I miss read your first post about growing outdoor, Ive only ever grew a couple autos outside and they were in standard compost so won't be no help I don't think

Fox Farm Happy Frog since they’re younger. Move to Ocean Forest or Roots Organics when you go into 5 gallons.
It doesn’t have to be Fox farm, just a lite mix, up until you get into 5 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom