What bugs are these?

Texahontas

Lots of these on plant. Am harvesting now. What to do about them? Thanks!

Attachments

• CD301B60-7383-4782-8C82-65C51565A0C2.jpeg
    CD301B60-7383-4782-8C82-65C51565A0C2.jpeg
    587.9 KB · Views: 57
  • E8BA6AD2-B93A-4D99-AA6E-35215D2F25AB.jpeg
    E8BA6AD2-B93A-4D99-AA6E-35215D2F25AB.jpeg
    643 KB · Views: 63
  • CFC9514B-4C85-4264-BF07-F06D8C3620C8.png
    CFC9514B-4C85-4264-BF07-F06D8C3620C8.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Oh no worries, do you bud wash?

personally I would avoid using anything near harvest but I do more of a bud soak than a bud wash anyway. 3 buckets clean water dip each branch under for a minute or two and move to next bucket. Hang for at least 4 hours to drip dry out of sun then process as normal. There is a bud wash version with hydrogen peroxide that helps rid plant of PM.

if you do bud wash - make sure first bucket is a white bucket then go back and see how dingy the water is when you are done. Helps the dry cure to work more evenly too, last bit is low & slow curing in the fridge. I like to hedge my bets on harvest, I usually split 20% for cobs, 40% low and slow cure and 40% for dry hang and glass jar curing. That one if one tastes bad or turns moldy I’ve got other options.

I’ll try what you posted above on a few colas and see. Have way more than I need anyhow. Might as well learn stuff. Thanks.

Oh no worries, do you bud wash?

personally I would avoid using anything near harvest but I do more of a bud soak than a bud wash anyway. 3 buckets clean water dip each branch under for a minute or two and move to next bucket. Hang for at least 4 hours to drip dry out of sun then process as normal. There is a bud wash version with hydrogen peroxide that helps rid plant of PM.

if you do bud wash - make sure first bucket is a white bucket then go back and see how dingy the water is when you are done. Helps the dry cure to work more evenly too, last bit is low & slow curing in the fridge. I like to hedge my bets on harvest, I usually split 20% for cobs, 40% low and slow cure and 40% for dry hang and glass jar curing. That one if one tastes bad or turns moldy I’ve got other options.
Can you was trimmed bud. Or does it need to be whole?

Probably pointless to buy bug killer at harvest time. Just drown them. But I never understood why people rinse their bud in an acidic and an alkaline substance, unless I'm misunderstanding and they do it in two separate steps.

Bud wash in:

5 gal water with 1/4 cup baking soda and a 1/4 cup lemon juice.

Rinse in 5 gal bucket water x 2 rinse buckets.

baking soda plus lemon juice is a good cleaner. Been around a long long time and its got no taste and actually works. Will kill molds and PM then the rinse cycle gets rid of the leftovers.

Think about putting flower in a jar with mold spores then close the lid = recipe for problems right there.

I wasn't a fan of it until I started getting PM. Cleaning everything and keeping clean and good personal hygiene going into the flower room works along with. I'm PM free for now but its been a dry late summer/early fall (for now). PM spores are everywhere now tho they just need a good temp and rH to start growing.

Back
Top Bottom