What decides the strains you grow?

It varies and it's evolved.

I look at what's my ultimate goal with this bean or plant, and from there I work backwards/start my research.

It's not like buying sneakers you can't try it before you buy it. Research in what you want is key. And, then you have to take a leap of faith sometimes. The internet is loaded with info and opinions - you just have to sort them out.

I spend a lot of time on the website of the lab that I test at. There I can get scientific info on strains I'm thinking about growing. If, they've done a cannabinoid test for that sample, I can get some valuable info there.

I talk to other growers. I read, watch, listen, and take notes a lot.

Last time I picked up and grew out some seeds was at a patient's request. He wanted a purple strain. I reached out to a local supplier of good seeds, told him what I was looking for, and took his advice. Ended up with Bodhi's Lavender Aura. Which, since I've grown it out, is a purple finishing strain.

Before that I had a request for a melt your face off diesel strain. I tend to grow more fruity type of strains bc what I grow, for me - is squished into oil.

As a grower I'm chasing terpenes, cannabinoids and overall flavor these days. My days of chasing yield is ova.

I always found my high yielder strains by mistake, or, not expecting that.

It's not easy, but it's fun. Good luck and have fun!

Thank you! I enjoy hearing about the reasons why everyone grows what they grow! Everything is so different on what they base it on!
Agreed! Which is why this is a great thread, amigo.

Truth is one, paths are many.

Grow on.

Back
Top Bottom