What deficiency is this?

Treeibus

Hey everyone I have another question.... My plants are 124 days old today and are well along in flowering.I grow outside in the earth and I have noticed that these leaves are creeping up the plants more than half way, which is a problem because there lolly-popped with only main colas, and main fan leaves growing .... If anyone can tell me what is going on I would be very greatful.... Im sure it is a deficiency because I have under fed them because they are growing in the ground... PLEASE HELP

Sorry, its my English also....

After 86,5 degres normally plants stop growing or flowering its to hot and the stomata doesn't open anymore, all your problems are linked to the heat.

Couldn't help you outside, i just do indoor i cant help you more.
Vitamine C could help
Wait for other member advice

Good luck mate
And continue as your plants looks nice for a newbie

Satax

Ok .... damn that sucks... There is nothing i can do because they are planted in the earth not in pots... I have a plant shade over them during the extreme heat of the day but it's just to hot. 108 F is baking HOT ... And u r right because I have had no growth since the heat kicked up... Is there anything i can do to help this problem that u can think of ? .... and dont worry about ur English I think u r doing fine myfriend

Hey Treeibus,

Nice plant you have there! I would keep after it and see what she does.

Even when planted in the ground improvements can be made. Take a long skinny rod and press into the soil to open up a small shaft, wallow it out gently from the top so it’s cone shaped & you can drop amendments down to the root zone. Don’t sink the shaft too close to the main rootball. I would not put any nutes or fertilizers in the shaft only amendments that will help with heat.

Please don’t quote me or take my advice without more input but I “think” you can amend with kelp, aloe & silica that will help with heat. I’m going to ask @Pennywise & @CanadianJim to drop in. I just reread & noticed Nunyabiz has been around - he will know for sure!

Good luck!

Hey Treeibus,

Nice plant you have there! I would keep after it and see what she does.

Even when planted in the ground improvements can be made. Take a long skinny rod and press into the soil to open up a small shaft, wallow it out gently from the top so it’s cone shaped & you can drop amendments down to the root zone. Don’t sink the shaft too close to the main rootball. I would not put any nutes or fertilizers in the shaft only amendments that will help with heat.

Please don’t quote me or take my advice without more input but I “think” you can amend with kelp, aloe & silica that will help with heat. I’m going to ask @Pennywise & @CanadianJim to drop in. I just reread & noticed Nunyabiz has been around - he will know for sure!

Good luck!
WoW thank you @013 I'm going to look into this... I had no clue there were amendments for heat... This gives me hope thank you for u r much needed input

WoW thank you @013 I'm going to look into this... I had no clue there were amendments for heat... This gives me hope thank you for u r much needed input
You can try Yucca Extract.

I use Yucca everytime I water.

You can try Yucca Extract.

I use Yucca everytime I water.

Cool thanks @Nunyabiz im going to get some tomorrow.. I appreciate all the help from you guys

I'd listen to Nunyabiz.
You've already got the only suggestion I could give, which is the shade cloth. I've never had to deal with heat problems and 42 degrees is higher than I've had around here. You could ask in the outdoor section maybe, there might be a few of the guys from hotter areas that have a few tricks.

Back
Top Bottom